6 second RS. Lets put the crying to rest.

cmon guys seriously, understand the mechanics of how this works before resorting to anger/crying.

The 6 second lockout starts the moment your fb/rp procs PA. In other words. Once u cast fb/rp and proc PA, the 6 second timer starts meaning by the time u cast RS and its gcd has ended there will only be 3 seconds left on the lockout. Which is only 2 gcd's.

How do i know this? Because this mechanic works as such, already on other classes. Plus listen to people talking who are on pts. IMO this is a very minimal nerf at most. Not worth as much attention as it has generated

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize 4 GCDs is 6 seconds, right? And that our only way of venting heat is tied to this ability. Not to mention, we don't get to rail shot 'every 6 seconds', we still have to go through 2 GCDs to get he proc (3 seconds,) thus resulting in 9 seconds per rail shot.

You realize 4 GCDs is 6 seconds, right? And that our only way of venting heat is tied to this ability. Not to mention, we don't get to rail shot 'every 6 seconds', we still have to go through 2 GCDs to get he proc (3 seconds,) thus resulting in 9 seconds per rail shot.

did you decide to just reply to the op without even reading it? I tried to explain it as simply as i could but i think you didnt take the time to understand what i wrote. Basically......anyone still crying 9+ second railshots does not understand the mechanics of the 1' lockout

So FB+RP(Procs here)+RS= 4.5 seconds left on the timer.

That doesn't change the fact that it is still 9 seconds between each Rail shot. That GCD that rail shot produces still counts towards the 4 GCDs inbetween each proc, + the 2 GCDs to Proc it once it is eligible to be proc'd.

Does that make sense? I see what you're getting at though and I had to think about it for a second. Basically you're counting the GCD that RS produces like it takes time away from waiting for the proc, but it doesn't. that RS still produces that 1.5 GCD no matter what and that's still time youre waiting again to re-use it.

Edited by Theology

So FB+RP(Procs here)+RS= 4.5 seconds left on the timer.

That doesn't change the fact that it is still 9 seconds between each Rail shot. That GCD that rail shot produces still counts towards the 4 GCDs inbetween each proc, + the 2 GCDs to Proc it once it is eligible to be proc'd.

Does that make sense? I see what you're getting at though and I had to think about it for a second. Basically you're counting the GCD that RS produces like it takes time away from waiting for the proc, but it doesn't. that RS still produces that 1.5 GCD no matter what and that's still time youre waiting again to re-use it.

Activate FB/RP (Obtain proc)

1.5 GCD

Activate Rail Shot

1.5 GCD

3 seconds left

Basicly it now means your next 2 attacks after your shot do not have a chance to proc it. Unless there is some internal issue with the timing that also disallows your third to proc, which would suck.

Edit: having this in mind it is most efficient to try to Rocket Punch on your third ability after a proc.

Edited by Bewzled

by the time your first accelerated RS has ended there will only be 2 gcds left of the lockout. Which means your next accelerated railshot "could" be ready to proc again in 3 seconds, not 6.

You're not counting the (on average) 2 GCD's to actually proc the railshot though, is what im trying to say. You still have to go through 3 seconds of GCD to get that proc.

You're not counting the (on average) 2 GCD's to actually proc the railshot though, is what im trying to say. You still have to go through 3 seconds of GCD to get that proc.

Actually, if your second attack proc'd that would be a 1.5 second wait to get the proc, not 3s. But it would be 3 seconds before you actually get to use the proc. But it's still a nerf.

also take into account that during this 6 second lockout u might be stunned knocked back, knocked down, incapacitated, or just switching targets after u killed someone. Making the lockout even more irrelevant.

For example. If u proc PA and then get stunned 4 seconds, u could cast RS and inevitably still get back to back railshots after 1 proccing fb/rp.

Considering the increased proc chances. Its hardly a nerf to anything more than lucky bursts.

Okay lets break it down boys.

For the sake of discussion, lets say you open on some guy with:

TD+IM+RS, (3 GCDs 4.5 secs)

Then you go to proc RS again. Flame burst > Rocket Punch=2 GCDs for a total of 3 seconds.( PROC TIMER STARTS, 6 seconds) then Railshot -1.5 seconds. Auto attack -1.5 Auto attack -1.5 Auto attack -1.5=6 seconds. PPA is eligible. FB+RP (3 seocnds) (total of 9 seconds) > Rail Shot

also take into account that during this 6 second lockout u might be stunned knocked back, knocked down, incapacitated, or just switching targets after u killed someone. Making the lockout even more irrelevant.

For example. If u proc PA and then get stunned 4 seconds, u could cast RS and inevitably still get back to back railshots after 1 proccing fb/rp.

Considering the increased proc chances. Its hardly a nerf to anything more than lucky bursts.

The increased proc rate is still a joke man, hate to break it to you. So what if we're stunned and knocked back, etc etc, it doesnt change the fact that rail shot is only usable, max every 7.5 seconds, and will be more like 9-12 seconds when fighting the RNG gods.

Edited by Theology

The increased proc rate is still a joke man, hate to break it to you. So what if we're stunned and knocked back, etc etc, it doesnt change the fact that rail shot is only usable, max every 7.5 seconds, and will be more like 9-12 seconds when fighting the RNG gods.

wrong. This is what everyone still crying thinks. Completely wrong.......just wait till 1.2 goes live if u dont believe me.

Okay lets break it down boys.

For the sake of discussion, lets say you open on some guy with:

TD+IM+RS, (3 GCDs 4.5 secs)

Then you go to proc RS again. Flame burst > Rocket Punch=2 GCDs for a total of 3 seconds.( PROC TIMER STARTS, 6 seconds) then Railshot -1.5 seconds. Auto attack -1.5 Auto attack -1.5 Auto attack -1.5=6 seconds. PPA is eligible. FB+RP (3 seocnds) (total of 9 seconds) > Rail Shot

/facepalm

The proc will happen as soon as you START the attack.

You can use TWO abilities within a 1.5 second window.

You need to wait 3 seconds to do your THIRD attack.

I can't comprehend how some people are this bad at math.

Thx for pointing this out OP and Bewzled. Haven't had access to the test server myself, so I didn't even think about the proc starting when the proc ability is actually cast. This changes things...Silly me. Not suprised that Theology here is making a name for himself for misreading others tho. This guy just won't admit he is wrong... Edited by SneiK

If it works like OP says its Its not nearly as bad as ppl think imo. Its definately a nerf but tbh pyro could use one.

you can do other stuff in the 2 gcd that you cant use ppa. Seems like you can even postpone Railshot 1 or 2 gcd if you want. mb if you're low on heat so you can use a TD or something before you RS and vent heat.

Or you can go for an increased burst for pvp, something like this

0s proc ppa

1.5s TD

3s FB to reapply dot (or something else)

4.5s Now you use your free RS

6s, RP, six seconds since ppa so you can proc again now

7.5s RS, 60% chance that you can do this, up from 45%

Hope it works like this, I definately see some options for more diverse gameplay, could even throw in a flamethrower in the 3seconds.

Here's something I've been thinking about that no one's mentioned:

If you only wait every 6 seconds to try and get the proc, it's roughly 1 railshot every 6-8 seconds. But if you wait for the NORMAL cooldown on Railshot (9 seconds), then get the proc for your second railshot, doesn't that average to one about every 5-7 seconds (assuming you get the proc)? It makes me think the developers are trying to switch this to get one extra railshot after your normal one, not proc it as many times as possible.

EDIT: Nevermind, got mixed up on the cooldown.

Edited by Cy-lore

That's all well and good, but this is still a HUGE nerf. Maybe you guys don't pvp a lot, but I do, and the only way I drop healers is when I get a lot of RS procs.

TD>FB>RS>RP>RS>FB>RS>FB>RS - This happens far more often than not. Maybe I'm lucky? It let's me drop heal specced sages, etc.

Take out those back to back RS, and I don't think I"ll have the sustained burst I need to a) manage heat appropriately, b) dps through heals.

Now, if the devs don't want people to be able to kill healers, that's one thing, but don't take away my ability to do that and then tell me it isn't a nerf.

PS, George, if you are reading: I'd love to actually test this, but no way I'm spending time to level up and gear out a 50 on your PTS. Let us char copy over if you are serious about having a real test environment.

Edited by Rophez