The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

Debatable then which I'll use. I like min maxing, but I'm not interested in looking like I'm level 10 again.

Again with this... You people do realize there are lvl 50 craftable oranges right? Not to mention half the time that stuff looks better then the pvp sets anyway.

I know for my BH I much prefer the mando armor to looking like I'm wear a bug.

Edited by MartyrLXXVII

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: Get pvp gear

Step 2: Buy crit crafted oranges

Step 3: Take out pvp gear mods/armor/stuff

Step 4: Put in orange crit crafted gear

Step 5: Add augment stat of your choice to orange gear

Waaa-la. Now my orange gear is better for pvp than your pvp gear.

End Result: Still earned the PvP gear but the player was actually given the choice of which gear look they prefer.

Hint: expect some method of putting an augment on PvP gear in the future

Edited by Raeln

Again with this... You people do realize there are lvl 50 craftable oranges right? Not to mention half the time that stuff looks better then the pvp sets anyway.

I know for my BH I much prefer the mando armor to looking like I'm wear a bug.

Not that I have any thing against cool looking gear but lvl 50 crit crafted gear will be crazy expensive because of the insane number of high level mats needed to make one piece. People can feed alts low level mats to craft a billion times more lvl 10-20 oranges. Not to mention the time it for the actual crafting motion (I think its lower hehe)

I have already made armorcraft and synthweaving level 20 alts to feed my 3 50s their gear who will in turn be feeding the alts the mats for crafting.

Debatable then which I'll use. I like min maxing, but I'm not interested in looking like I'm level 10 again.

Feel free to look cooler going up against pvpers who have more than a biochem like gear advantage on you while still also having biochem. ;)

Edited by Nhaok

Not that I have any thing against cool looking gear but lvl 50 crit crafted gear will be crazy expensive because of the insane number of high level mats needed to make one piece. People can feed alts low level mats to craft a billion times more lvl 10-20 oranges. Not to mention the time it for the actual crafting motion (I think its lower hehe)

I have already made armorcraft and synthweaving level 20 alts to feed my 3 50s their gear who will in turn be feeding the alts the mats for crafting.

Considering that the moddable gear lasts forever (until you find a look you like better) - I'd be willing to pay a ton of credits to get the look I want.

Feel free to look cooler going up against pvpers who have more than a biochem like gear advantage on you while still also having biochem. ;)

All we need is for Biochem to give Cybertech a recipe to make augment kits. I say Cybertech, but it could easily be given to all the armor/weapon crafting skills.

Set bonuses do not transfer currently. Also Augments are split stats between a main stat and endurance.

I guess depending on the Set bonus for your class you may be better with augments.

P.S. your video's helped me allot on my Shadow Alt. Thanks for the good information there.

AHhh thanks for the information. If they DO transfer however... we got a serious problem.

There was a time when finishing a character in an MMO was a possibility. At which point you'd go off and enjoy the endgame (usually open pvp all night every night). Games today aren't like that. They lead us around by the nose until we can't stand it anymore and finally quit paying them to waste our time for us. I really do miss games and developers who were confident in the worlds they created and were happy to let us run around doing our on thing without falling behind the gear curve.

Problem is there's not enough money to be made in that anymore since the McGeneration won't stand for it.

Some official confirmation would be greatly appreciated.:(

The PTS patch notes say, "Hi".

Modifications

• Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

• Some high-end item modifications are now restricted to particular item slots and may only be transferred into the same slot on a new item.

• A new modification set with Expertise for all item modification types has been added to the game.