Interesting Fact Concerning Nerf

HavocMaster

If you look at the old/new abilities of Power Shot and Tracer Missile, all that has been really changed is the base damage. The cast time increase is negetated by Muzzle Fluting, and the fact that Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces the heat cost for previous abilities by nine is unimportant, considering the new versions of these abilities have a heat cost of sixteen instead of twenty five. Just thought I should share this with the community! Edited by HavocMaster

There so many mercs that basically the BH forum = Merc Forums...

anyways yea, you didnt got nerfed, infact the overall dps will be slightly increase... The only people really getting nerfed merc-wise are the Tracer Missles spammers, and you aren't one of those are ya?

Well anyways if you want a sad story look into the Powertech changes.

Heat dissipation nerfed by 100% (while we used to vent heat every 4.5 secs now it will be ever 10 secs.) There main damage dealer nerfed by the same amount. THAT is bad... REAL bad... about 30% dps loss atleast...

Early estimates from the game theory site forum I follow indicate an overall ~4% reduction in dps once all the ups and downs are calculated...to say nothing of the reducton to our already pathetic survivability due to the power barrier and jet boost nerfs. Edited by inquisitorshadow

Early estimates from the game theory site forum I follow indicate an overall ~4% reduction in dps once all the ups and downs are calculated...to say nothing of the reducton to our already pathetic survivability due to the power barrier and jet boost nerfs.

And there will also be an upgrade in DPS due to stats/gear now that you can properly configure purples and augment orange gear and many other changes going in to improve total stats. Probably more than 4% increase to damage from those changes.

As a bodyguard, I relied on Powershot quite a bit for dps when I needed to. Now, it does 10% less dmg, and takes 0.5 seconds longer to cast. This is IF I don't pick up the talent to reduce the cast time by 0.5 seconds, which I shouldn't need to do.

So its still a nerf to Mercs, just not Arsenal.

As a bodyguard, I relied on Powershot quite a bit for dps when I needed to. Now, it does 10% less dmg, and takes 0.5 seconds longer to cast. This is IF I don't pick up the talent to reduce the cast time by 0.5 seconds, which I shouldn't need to do.

I think bodyguard mercs should take it now, since it reduces the heat cost.

I think bodyguard mercs should take it now, since it reduces the heat cost.

Yes, they could, it would help, however the difference of 9 heat isnt that big of a deal on a skill you rarely use, however .5 cast time difference could be major, so basicly imo you go from could put points into it for the heat reduction, to need to put points into it for the time reduction.

Yeah but **** Bodyguard mercs, amirite? They shouldn't be able to heal, tank or do damage. They should just spam rapid shots twice as much and be grateful for the opportunity.

Yes, they could, it would help, however the difference of 9 heat isnt that big of a deal on a skill you rarely use, however .5 cast time difference could be major, so basicly imo you go from could put points into it for the heat reduction, to need to put points into it for the time reduction.

Some things we can't avoid using it, like the Infernal Council fight. The increased cast time + 10% dmg nerf + 5% dmg increase nerf from SCG = No dead council member. I can't afford to spend a talent point for it since I will be struggling w/Heat issues as is, I need all the bonus healing abilities I can pick up!

If my math is correct, Powershot will do 35% less dps.

Edited by Ocili