Pyro Merc Stack Crit/Surge? Or Power/Surge?

tehrealdealz

Sup guys so I decided to switch to Pyro and my Merc and im really liking the change of playstyle. So far I do on average between 300k+ damage per WZ. And the highest damage output ive done was about 400k+ in a huttball. My question is right now ive been stacking my gear with nothing but crit/surge enhancements and im sitting at about 41% tech crit chance and about 76% surge rating.

I'm wondering if its more beneficial for me just to rip out the crit/surge enhancements and just stack nothing but power/surge from head to toe since im being told there is no DR on power? I this correct?

Right, no DR on power, my merc has around 600 power mixed with crit and surge. Power will boost just about any dps class, I know a tank assassin that puts out 550K damage in a wz and has well over 700 power with his dps suit. With power the dots from IM and fusion missile dots will tick for higher and your white damage will hit harder.

You may just as well put power right after aim after the 1.2 patch since power shot will be decreased in damage and the railshot proc will only occur every 6 seconds giving us meh damage output in between for a while.

Edited by Sookster

Right, no DR on power, my merc has around 600 power mixed with crit and surge. Power will boost just about any dps class, I know a tank assassin that puts out 550K damage in a wz and has well over 700 power with his dps suit. With power the dots from IM and fusion missile dots will tick for higher and your white damage will hit harder.

You may just as well put power right after aim after the 1.2 patch since power shot will be decreased in damage and the railshot proc will only occur every 6 seconds giving us meh damage output in between for a while.

Stack power untill its comming out of your ears, then pile on some more. With some of the changes comming in 1.2 we will have to rely more on our dots, and while dot ticks can crit, your sustained dmg will come from your power making those dots tick bigger not counting on RNG for crit ticks.

Alrigh thanks guys. Also what do you mean every 6 seconds? DId they nerf rail shot proc as well??

Alrigh thanks guys. Also what do you mean every 6 seconds? DId they nerf rail shot proc as well??

Meaning once you get your railshot proc from prototype particle accelerator talent, it won't proc again for another 6 seconds no matter how often you get unload or power shot off. Right now I can get back to back railshot if I'm lucky which rarely happens, but in 1.2 I will have to wait 6 seconds for another chance to proc after I get one off.

Basicly they are saying that they increased the chance for railshot cd reset procs off of unload and power shot so that they will happen more regularly, but they also built in an internal CD of 6 seconds on the resets, so that if the RNG gods really like you and your reset procs all the time you will still only get one every 6 seconds

Meaning once you get your railshot proc from prototype particle accelerator talent, it won't proc again for another 6 seconds no matter how often you get unload or power shot off. Right now I can get back to back railshot if I'm lucky which rarely happens, but in 1.2 I will have to wait 6 seconds for another chance to proc after I get one off.

They said the chance to proc has been "significantly" increased though. What this will end up doing is causing a little more autoattacking to keep your CGC DoT fresh and less sustained burst after your first target every 15 seconds or so. I think a new example rotation will be IM>RS>UL>RS for simple damage... Toss in a Det and it'll be something like IM>RS>UL>Det>RS>PS>RS.

If I'm not mistaken, you can finish a full unload channel (given that you have a chance to cast for a couple seconds), toss a detonator, and then railshot... Then once the next powershot is finished, it should have been 7.5 seconds since the last particle accel proc.

In light of this, I have a question; does the cooldown on the particle accel start counting when it procs, or after the effect ends, either due to wearing off or firing a rail?

In light of this, I have a question; does the cooldown on the particle accel start counting when it procs, or after the effect ends, either due to wearing off or firing a rail?

The iCD starts when the proc happens. Not when you fire the procced RS.