Overpowered - Watchman and Their Mirror

ColdSunHoth

[quote=Apocalypse-;3548004It requires at least one more, usually two*, to break our lockdown. The QQ about CC is nothing more than inexperience and/or lack of sufficient situational awareness.

The * is where the OP part of the class is.

The same can be said about pretty much ANY class that is left unmolested against any target. In fact, it's far easier to get away from a tunnel-vision sentinel/marauder than nearly any other class. If you want to shove your head in the sand about the situation and cry simply because you lack, as you so succinctly put it, "situational awareness" on how to counter a raging sentinel then feel free to cry nerf. Having played all the classes myself to one degree or another, taking a sentinel/marauder out of play simply isn't difficult. Killing him may be, but you have to remember if he's focused on you, he's not hurting anyone else either. That makes him a prime candidate for being focused down in no time flat before he can do ANYTHING to you, given his lack of CC options.

Complain all you want, but it's the truth. Sentinels are given the DPS to make up for their lack of utility. Under ideal circumstances, that DPS will shine. The bulk of the time it's not remotely idea, and the Sentinel simply becomes wasted space, or at best a distraction.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what context do you think our survivability is so great? In PvP, we're probably the best 1v1 class/spec around. But get us 1v2 or 1v3 or 1v8 as it often is for me in Voidstar, and our survivability/DPS doesn't mean jack. Or get us running the ball in Huttball with 5 guys on top of us. We can be completely invulnerable for about 5 seconds when we're ganged up on, but no way can we soak up as much damage as a guard/jugg. And yes, our DPS is awesome, but that's what we were designed to do. So yeah, reroll a sent if you want to do a ton of DPS, but don't expect to rival a tank's survivability.

You guys have abilities that either negate being focus fired (stealth+100% damage reduction), or allow you to tank 8 people for several seconds (99% dam reduction). The only way tank guardians can survive being focus fired by more than 2 people is to pop their CDs, and those are on 3 mins cd. The other 2 mins and 50 seconds, tank guardians have **** for survivability. I believe your guy's CDs are like 45-90s.

One poster made a good point about how right now sentinels are pretty balanced in group pvp. However, in 1.2 almost every class got the nerfbat except sentinels. Since everyone else is getting weaker while sents get a little bit stronger, you guys will be OP comparatively to other classes.

Edited by Smashbrother

You guys have abilities that either negate being focus fired (stealth+100% damage reduction), or allow you to tank 8 people for several seconds (99% dam reduction). The only way tank guardians can survive being focus fired by more than 2 people is to pop their CDs, and those are on 3 mins cd. The other 2 mins and 50 seconds, tank guardians have **** for survivability. I believe your guy's CDs are like 45-90s.

One poster made a good point about how right now sentinels are pretty balanced in group pvp. However, in 1.2 almost every class got the nerfbat except sentinels. Since everyone else is getting weaker while sents get a little bit stronger, you guys will be OP comparatively to other classes.

Great so instead of basically every other class being OP, it's just the Sentinel/Marauders now.

I'm fine with that. Especially since it's the hardest class to learn/become competent/master with.

The same can be said about pretty much ANY class that is left unmolested against any target. In fact, it's far easier to get away from a tunnel-vision sentinel/marauder than nearly any other class. If you want to shove your head in the sand about the situation and cry simply because you lack, as you so succinctly put it, "situational awareness" on how to counter a raging sentinel then feel free to cry nerf. Having played all the classes myself to one degree or another, taking a sentinel/marauder out of play simply isn't difficult. Killing him may be, but you have to remember if he's focused on you, he's not hurting anyone else either. That makes him a prime candidate for being focused down in no time flat before he can do ANYTHING to you, given his lack of CC options.

Complain all you want, but it's the truth. Sentinels are given the DPS to make up for their lack of utility. Under ideal circumstances, that DPS will shine. The bulk of the time it's not remotely idea, and the Sentinel simply becomes wasted space, or at best a distraction.

It is not my head that is in the sand. If you've got 3 sentinels on a team, that means you need 6+ to counter it. Being able to force a 5v2 sounds balanced...

Great so instead of basically every other class being OP, it's just the Sentinel/Marauders now.

I'm fine with that. Especially since it's the hardest class to learn/become competent/master with.

This is the saving grace of the class, and why the imminent nerfs (as a reaction to 1.2's buffs) will hurt, but are unlikely to cripple. One can hope anyways.

I'll agree we do alot of dmg, but from my point of view we can still be stun killed just like anyone... If we are focused we die or have to pop our CD's to get out and run... Also, gear does actually play a roll into how much dmg we deal and take due to expertise. I find us to be alot like BH's with the high dmg yet squishy when focused, but play what you feel i guess its a game. :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.