Heat management in 1.2

alderdale

Good opponents knows how to work around the shield, they'll save hard CC for it and will avoid filling your resolve bar if they think your shield is off CD.

Not to say that BH are actually bad PvP healers, but they are not the unkillable self healing tanks people believe them to be.

Or maybe you'll just pop the shield when your resolve bar is full >.>?

Well anyways are there no PTs here??? Pyrotech Pts Heat management was downgraded to such a level that I believe eve merc healers will have an easier time... (Info: PTs Pyrotech heat vents got increased by 100%) I don't think you can get worse than that...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal is going to be fine with heat management....Nothing has really changed for Arsenal when it comes to heat.

They reduced the cost of Tracer Missile to what a talented tracer missile costs currently. Changed the talent that lowers tracer missile heat cost into a talent that lowers tarcer missile cooldown by 5 seconds.

Bodyguard on the other hand is getting a HUGE nerf. The increased heat cost of rapid scan is going to destroy BH healers. There's a few PvE fights where you are borderline overheating at times in the current game so increasing the heat costs is just a horrible idea. Also in PvP....Merc just went from being one of the crappy healers to being THE WORSTE healer by far.

This. The heat cost of TM will be the same. No changes there.

And as for the last point; it's not even "borderline overheating". You're overheating before the boss has even appeared. Lol Soa and platform phase without sorcs.

This will be devastating to merc healers. They need a solid buff, not a nerf on every point...

Kolto shell will be worthless; if anything I will probably put it on myself. Hah.

I will have to use rapid shots A LOT more. And I already use rapid shots 90% of the time since if I even touch Rapid scan I overheat in one second. True story. Post 1.2 it will be like "Oh, tank is dying, I'll use rapid shots until he's at 10% then I'll toss in a free Rapid scan and go back to my pew pew guns."

Kolto missile is still useless -- heck it's even worse now because of the nerf to the healing buff.

Less critical chance, less heat vented from abilities (oh great, just what an already overheated healer needs!), and an overall solid nerf to how much I heal for. Because currently, it's not at all like I use rapid shots all the time, and when I do use rapid scan to save the tanks life, I rely on it to actually heal for a decent amount.

Exactly how do BW picture merc healers handling their rotation? Do they think we use rapid scan all the time? Or supercharge all the time? Do they not realise that we spend 90% of the time using rapid shots because if we did anything else we would overheat in the blink of an eye? Do they even play merc healer... ?

BW before you make these changes, I suggest you go do some 8 man HM/NMM content with 2 merc healers, or 1 operative and 1 merc healer. And you will see how much we/they already struggle with managing heat.

On Soa, if we don't have a sorc healer for the platform phase, 1) I will overheat before reaching the bottom, 2) People won't be at full health when Soa re-appears, 3) I will have to use vent heat after what's supposed to be a DOWNTIME phase, leaving me without vent heat during the actual fight.

GJ BW. :)

Edited by Mrs_Murder

What did we all expect? In the begining Bioware states that all classes will be balanced and that every class will have its advantages and disadvantages. Many classes were doomed off the bat. Mercs should be tank healers. We should have great single target heals and our kolto missile should be nerfed to affect only two, yet have high heals for the two people it affects, certain moves should give a chance to reduce heat, so that in the middle of a fight, so we dont have to simply stand and go "crap the tank will die but I cant do anything about it save for heal them for 1/10 of what theya re being hit for." Rapid shots should hit for more single target heals, but doesnt. Our armor bonuses should not only help with the downtime of moves, but heat heat and wait.....heat.

Sorcs should be raid heals, with the ability to save people....

Ops should be the only class that get to choose either or, raid heals or main heal focus.

Bioware, to balance the game you need to have defined roles that classes are regarded as, give people a reason to pick one class over another. Make people pick merc's for a reason, not simply to balance a raid in terms of classes.As it stands today you have made sorcs godly and we are simply mere mortals.

How many unsubs will it take before your realize you are growing just as fast as you are declining. I was looking forward to 1.2 but now im looking to whatever game puts the nail in the coffin for WoW and Swtor.

Edited by HinjuMaspo

Bounty Hunter "Balancing"

bal·ance/ˈbaləns/

Noun:

An even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.

Death from above - Nerfed

Jet Boost - Nerfed

Power Barrier - Nerfed

Tracer Missile - Nerfed

Power Shot - Nerfed

Muzzle Fluting - Nerfed

Heat Management - Nerfed

Cure Mind - Nerfed

Hired Muscle - Nerfed

Kolto Residue - Nerfed

Kolto Missile - Nerfed

Kolto Shell - Nerfed

Supercharged Gas - Nerfed

Heatseeker - 10 % damage Buff (still 16 sec cd)

Barrage - Buff (Higher Proc)

How the **** is that "balancing" they put the fat kid on the nerf side of the see-saw and a bulimic girl on the buff side. I have not once condemned you BIOFAIL BUT TODAY YOU FAIL MISERABLY. Heat management was already a problem now we are going to be ****ed. And to add insult you buff melee classes that can already tear us apart. I thought you liked getting our subscription money. Apparently not.

I can't fill my resolve bar myself, if you're resolve capping me before i use my shield YOU are doing it wrong and you are going to be punished for your bad gameplay. And guess what, 1.2 wil not change this.

Edited by Frisemort

afaik, tracer missiles' casting time will increase from 1.5 to 2 secs and heat cost will go down from 24 (me thinks) to 16. 2 secs is still enough for me to spam missiles :p

Thanks for giving the rest of us who actually play the class a bad name. Missile spammers are worthless bads.

Edited by XOrionX

Well anyways are there no PTs here??? Pyrotech Pts Heat management was downgraded to such a level that I believe eve merc healers will have an easier time... (Info: PTs Pyrotech heat vents got increased by 100%) I don't think you can get worse than that...

This due to the PPA you mean ?

Or is there anything else playing into this appauling heat management?

My main concern is heat management for Bodyguard. I'm heating out already keeping the main tank up and doing splash healing. This nerf adds 24 Heat to each iteration of my main rotation and removes 8 venting from Supercharged Gas. It's not that I want to be overpowered, it's more like I don't want to spend half my time spamming Rapid Shots.

Yep. I think we might be a little too heat efficient atm, but the nerfs go way too far. My biggest issue atm is that so many of my heals do so little healing and now they are getting nerfed to heal for even less. It feels like they are nerfing the weakest part of our class.

As far as worst healer by far, I think merc has that title in pve now.

The main drawback to merc is how much is reliant on rapid shots now. People see those healing bullets come in lock onto you until you die. And...you can't shoot yourself.

I've said this to many people now, but healing got screwed over period. Whoever is trying to say "but but but, that class has it better" really is clutching at straws. The only thing we can say for sure is that healing got nerfed hardcore, and in due time we will figure out where healer ability falls after we have had time to experience the changes.

Yeah, I could really care less about PVP healing, but it certainly seems like overall PVE healing is getting nerfed quite badly. It certainly doesn't sound like fun anymore. It is only borderline fun atm.

And as for the last point; it's not even "borderline overheating". You're overheating before the boss has even appeared. Lol Soa and platform phase without sorcs.

This will be devastating to merc healers. They need a solid buff, not a nerf on every point...

Kolto shell will be worthless; if anything I will probably put it on myself. Hah.

I will have to use rapid shots A LOT more. And I already use rapid shots 90% of the time since if I even touch Rapid scan I overheat in one second. True story. Post 1.2 it will be like "Oh, tank is dying, I'll use rapid shots until he's at 10% then I'll toss in a free Rapid scan and go back to my pew pew guns."

Kolto missile is still useless -- heck it's even worse now because of the nerf to the healing buff.

Less critical chance, less heat vented from abilities (oh great, just what an already overheated healer needs!), and an overall solid nerf to how much I heal for. Because currently, it's not at all like I use rapid shots all the time, and when I do use rapid scan to save the tanks life, I rely on it to actually heal for a decent amount.

BW before you make these changes, I suggest you go do some 8 man HM/NMM content with 2 merc healers, or 1 operative and 1 merc healer. And you will see how much we/they already struggle with managing heat.

On Soa, if we don't have a sorc healer for the platform phase, 1) I will overheat before reaching the bottom, 2) People won't be at full health when Soa re-appears, 3) I will have to use vent heat after what's supposed to be a DOWNTIME phase, leaving me without vent heat during the actual fight.

I've never done Soa without a Sorc healer and even then I sit there working as hard as I can trying to heal everyone up before the next phase starts. We never get it quite done in time. If we didn't have the sorc, we wouldn't even come close.

I can see some of the BG nerfs as being acceptable, but on a whole they go way over the line. Also there is still something missing from the BG class to make up for the lack of combat res, combat pull, etc. Yet it seems like nothing is being added to enhance the class at all. If anything, I was expecting overall buffs to BG healing in the patch. All of the nerfs are quite a surprise and seem unneeded (maybe solely based on PVP?).

Hopefully I can figure out how to get my BG copied over to the PTS so that I can do some testing and figure out if I should switch to PT or Sniper for good.

How many unsubs will it take before your realize you are growing just as fast as you are declining. I was looking forward to 1.2 but now im looking to whatever game puts the nail in the coffin for WoW and Swtor.

Way too much drama over proposed patch notes on a test server. Wait until you see the live patch notes before you jump off of a building.

Way too much drama over proposed patch notes on a test server. Wait until you see the live patch notes before you jump off of a building.

Word on the street is that BW never changes the notes from ptr to live.

after live comes there are different devs working on things. there is a live team and a beta team for abilities. the live team took over, and not having worked on BH heat problems in beta, they have no idea what they are doing.

this is incorrect, this is one of the first games where they kept the development team when they went live. It was in one of the interviews i read

Word on the street is that BW never changes the notes from ptr to live.

if there is enough negative feedback then they will do something, never seen a company that listened more to the squeeky wheel

end of the day, i am guessing somewhere around June release of 1.2 once people get on test server and start ranting.

How many of you actually heal NMM as merc?

This is going to destroy it.

I'm not the best healer, but I think I am pretty good, and on some fights I have to heal so many people it's impossible to stay low heat. This just ruined NMM for merc healers.

Thanks Bioware, go to hell.

How many of you actually heal NMM as merc?

This is going to destroy it.

I'm not the best healer, but I think I am pretty good, and on some fights I have to heal so many people it's impossible to stay low heat. This just ruined NMM for merc healers.

Thanks Bioware, go to hell.

Yep. Full rakata BG Merc here and I'm extremely disappointed. Valor 57 as well...thank god I started leveling a marauder.

the changes to the bodyguard tree kills the whole idea of a bounty hunter healer

heat management is completely gone 5 heals and im going to be overheating (even when i'm) using my rotation.

The oh-sh*t healing buttons are nerfed

what on EARTH is bioware doing?

"guys lets kill a class ok?"

get your sh*t togheter bioware and start looking into skills and trees deeper before changing them.

Edited by gharkul-nan

if there is enough negative feedback then they will do something, never seen a company that listened more to the squeeky wheel

end of the day, i am guessing somewhere around June release of 1.2 once people get on test server and start ranting.

I'm guessing you didn't see the Guild Summit intro? Where they said that they're esitmating that 1.2 is going to be released in Early April?

Free attack/heal is free. This game isn't like others where you can just click all your best abilities, all day long, not worrying about your resource. If you are not using those free attacks to maintain your heat, you are missing something. I've healed nightmare OP's as a merc healer, and while I imagine it is going to be a bit more difficult, i'm looking forward to it.

Rapid shots is not bad.

This could be precedent setting, either way. But all I've seen indicates that BW isn't too keen on changing something in a patch back after they release it on test.

We'll see, but this is going to be a maker or breaker decision on their part regarding if I pay any more subscription fees.