1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I dont think people understand what drove the hardest of hardcore raiding in mmos.

A: Loot that few others could obtain.

Bioware certainly hasn't the first clue about any aspect of mmos.

For those old schoolers, remember in old EQ when you saw some Shaman or Ranger standing around with his epic? OMG, that's the single memory that drove me to want to play a game and be good at it.

Now I guess I'm just suppose to let my companion kill for me while a watch tv and scratch my butt and buy the best gear from a vendor.

Sad Sad Sad

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM becomes the new base line to getting base line raiding gear, which you currently can get WITHOUT raiding already.

Nightmare mode on the new operation will introduce the next level up and will not be available from solo content just like Rakata isn't.

I don't know if you are trolling on purpose or you genuively think your assessment is right.

First of all, nothing is till written on stone, not even the info we are managing, granted... But each detail we now know takes us further to the situation were multiplayer content is obsolete.

Now to your assessment.

HM OP gears you up to Rakata and requires Columi to start. Nightmare mode just boost your Rakata gearing speed at the cost of higher difficulty because EVERYTHING drops Rakata.

As solo player you cannot get Columi gear (Even by playing on 4-man parties you will lack important pieces like main hand weapons... But you can manage without them if you control the fights) because it's the entry point to the HM.

Now lets jump ahead to 1.2... 2 options:

- Rakata Gear is the entry point for new OP HM. Meaning that solo player is not just accessing gear to the entry point, it's just skipping it altogether.

- BH Commendation gear is the entry point for new OP HM. Meaning that progress will be halted now because Rakata gear is obsolete and Guilds will have to farm KP NM and the dailies.

Obviously by "entry point" I mean the minimum gear to have a chance to beat the 1st Boss of the new Tier after the mandatory training is passed.

So doesn't matter how you put the "entry point" the BW "solution" damages multiplayer content desirability... Been the 2nd option the less damaging on the long run, but I'm sure will stress guilds now by inducing a, still uknown, innactivity period until 1.2 really hits live.

EDIT: Any player interested in PvE progression is aware of the above... So if you are mixing PvP gearing paradigm that's used on PvE activities, that's a completely different problem that will be excacerbated on 1.2... But lets keep this simple by not adding even more confusing unknowns.

Edited by ragamer

Can someone please tell me where in the patch notes that they saw that Corelllia daily quests will reward Black Hole Commendations. I searched the entire list of notes and the only things I can confirm are:

-Corellia will have new dailies

-Black Hole commendation vendor is on Corellia

-Black Hole commendations will be rewarded in nightmare mode KP

In the entirety of the notes, it only says you can get Black Hole commendations in Nightmare KP, not even in the Explosive Conflict (the new operation). If you read through this thread, I am not the only one stating this.

From my understanding. all you'll get from Corellia dailies are more daily commendations, like the ones you already get from Ilum and Belsavis. Someone please go prove me wrong.

I understand that this thread has now become a solo player vs raider flame war, but still, did you guys really expect them to hand out gear from content that can be solo'd vs content that requires grouping in an MMO?

If the Corellia dailies really do give Black Hole comms for gear that is better than current endgame gear, I'd just take my entire raid group to do the solo dailies and get them done in 5 minutes as opposed to taking them through Nightmare KP or EV on raid nights. Is that what you guys really want?

Can someone please tell me where in the patch notes that they saw that Corelllia daily quests will reward Black Hole Commendations. I searched the entire list of notes and the only things I can confirm are:

There are reports of testers "confirming" it, just look for them on the PTS forum. Lacking a Dev response is all we have.

Dev silence on this situations, in my experience, is rarely a good sign, btw.

From my understanding, the testers can only confirm is that the new gear(and types of pieces) is available for Black Hole commendations. Please link the ones that say they actually got Black Hole commendations from the daily quests in Corellia.

Check this post (It's not the only one):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=367849

I can't get the direct link to the poster but on page 2 you get the 1st report and later you will get another.

I repeat, I consider this gossip... Still. But as we say in my country:

"Cuando el río suena, es que agua lleva"

Edited by ragamer

Check this post (It's not the only one):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=367849

I can't get the direct link to the poster but on page 2 you get the 1st report and later you will get another.

I repeat, I consider this gossip... Still. But as we say in my country:

"Cuando el río suena, es que agua lleva"

I just read through that thread, and the "reports" didnt seem to confirm anything. The poster on page 2 didn't mention anything about testing on the PTS or provide any actual evidence. All he did was say it as if it were already a known fact, which, I highly doubt. And all the other posters were mostly just trolling each other. =(

why raid when you can run dailies?

because, shock and awe here, doing both could DOUBLE your chances of getting the pieces!

For those of you that have had your mind blown, just take a minute to sit back and calm down.

You do dailies now to get Rakata Gear for example Implants and Earpiece following the formula that BW uses you will run Black Hole dailies to get what, C'mon guys your smart enough to guess c'mon somebody anybody? Yes we got a winner Black Hole Implants and Earpiece.

I've been on the PTS. you can buy everything except weapons from the Crisis Point Vendors for 50 and 60 Black Hole Commendations.

as far as dailies on Corellia go, I have no idea. not copied over and no pre-maids in sight. nice of Georg to say "test things" when we aren't given the proper tools.

Edited by Theeht

i am sure there is some mis-information somewhere :) having top gear in game soloable would be rediculous in the extreme, and im sure bioware would not make a decision that... wierd.

Have you just joined the community ? lol

Why does everyone get so uppity about how other people get their gear. If by soloing every day it takes me four times as long to get a piece of gear I would get on a flashpoint, or eight times as long as it would in an operation, why do people care?

And don't tell me to go play a single player game - I've been following SW for 35 years now, there isn't a better single player game with the same theme available. Bioware has created an MMO game, that like any other MMO game, does not REQUIRE me to find a group of people that don't whine and complain about people not getting that last ounce of DPS or spend half their lives reviewing combat logs, or find 3 or 7 people that don't mind taking an extra five minutes to actually learn something about combat best practices, or explaining what needs to be done, rather than facerolling stuff and whining to keep up. Players have choices on how they want their experience to go. Just because they're called MMO games, doesn't mean it has to be.

For what it's worth, I'm somewhere in between the last paragraph, it was more of an example than my true experience. But I game to escape, so there are lots of times I do want to be alone, why should I not get the same rewards for my efforts?

Raiding should always net better rewards then non-raiders. Sorry you have to hear that, but that is just how it is and should be. Does it mean you shouldn't be rewarded for doing other non-raiding stuff....of course not.

But since we dont have details on nightmare mode operation on 1.2, its hard to say the real end game loot will be handled, because that is where its going to come from, not hardmode.

So by giving you another option to get this raid gear that is like the columi of 1.2 means that the real rakata of 1.2 from nightmare stays in nightmare mode and not vendors, then im all for it.

Again, im only assuming this stuff for nightmare mode, they could just give us same loot and throw in a speeder and call it different gear.

Why does everyone get so uppity about how other people get their gear. If by soloing every day it takes me four times as long to get a piece of gear I would get on a flashpoint, or eight times as long as it would in an operation, why do people care?

And don't tell me to go play a single player game - I've been following SW for 35 years now, there isn't a better single player game with the same theme available. Bioware has created an MMO game, that like any other MMO game, does not REQUIRE me to find a group of people that don't whine and complain about people not getting that last ounce of DPS or spend half their lives reviewing combat logs, or find 3 or 7 people that don't mind taking an extra five minutes to actually learn something about combat best practices, or explaining what needs to be done, rather than facerolling stuff and whining to keep up. Players have choices on how they want their experience to go. Just because they're called MMO games, doesn't mean it has to be.

For what it's worth, I'm somewhere in between the last paragraph, it was more of an example than my true experience. But I game to escape, so there are lots of times I do want to be alone, why should I not get the same rewards for my efforts?

Because you did not Earn the gear. Period. Stop complaining that you are not handed something you do not earn. That is why people are pissed. Its going to hurt grouping more then people realize and ultimately be the end of anything resembling an MMO. It will be a MSO then.

"Because you did not Earn the gear"

Uhh says who? Since when is your $15/mo worth more than everyone else who pays $15/mo? Yeah buddy, thought so. Oh you do harder encounters? GOOD FOR YOU! Have a cookie!!!.. and some RAID GEAR long before casuals hope to have it.

BTW, I've been raiding since EQ1 and I could give a crap less if casuals can get "raid quality gear" doing dailies. People running Ops will get them faster, PLUS, I know I am more skilled/practiced than any "casual" so it's not like gear makes much of a difference if I face them in... whatever... (World PVP?) I play so much more, my skill and knowledge of the game allows me to "best" them in an overall sense.

Edited by -Kraxis-

You won't be able to buy the nightmare gear when it enters the game, and it is a separate tier from hard mode. So really, if your only concern is about gear progression and "scrubs" having the same gear as you, then clear nightmare. Problem solved.

Gear is a tool for progression, not the other way around.

Edited by Talorra

Uhh says who? Since when is your $15/mo worth more than everyone else who pays $15/mo? Yeah buddy, thought so. Oh you do harder encounters? GOOD FOR YOU! Have a cookie!!!.. and some RAID GEAR long before casuals hope to have it.

Ah the old Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker argument....thats new.

"I pay the same sub fee as everyone else and I work and have kids so give me all teh lewtz NOA!" :rolleyes:

BTW, I've been raiding since EQ1 and I could give a crap less if casuals can get "raid quality gear" doing dailies. People running Ops will get them faster, PLUS, I know I am more skilled/practiced than any "casual" so it's not like gear makes much of a difference if I face them in... whatever... (World PVP?) I play so much more, my skill and knowledge of the game allows me to "best" them in an overall sense.

You did not down the boss so why should you be given the loot?

Having the option for ppl to obtain it via dalies is a good move. It adds an additional way for all players to remain on par with one another. Raiders will still get stuff a lot faster than a solo casual but at least it does give the solo/busy irl player something to work towards.

I enjoy raiding in this game. In fact i am working on filling out my second set of Rakata gear now (dps set and tank set). Even with my toon as geared up as he is i am still locked out each week of even normal mode operations (hell don't need a thing from them). If there is an open spot on a normal op run within the guild i jump on it any chance i get just because i enjoy doing them.

If a guildie is to busy to go on every op but wants to be geared up enough to be able to go when has the time to do so more power to him. Even if that means he has to grind dailies for 3 months to hit that point at least i know eventually he will be there. It gives a goal for all player types to work towards especially those that may be to busy irl to otherwise do so.

Edited by AutoCocker

I have paid my money so I want all the titles, colours, mounts, pets and any other rewards that you give anyone else who ever plays this game and I want them yesterday; else I will tell my mommy not to pay you anymore.

Yours sincerely

Backpeddling clicker and keyboard-turner.

I have paid my money so I want all the titles, colours, mounts, pets and any other rewards that you give anyone else who ever plays this game and I want them yesterday; else I will tell my mommy not to pay you anymore.

Yours sincerely

Backpeddling clicker and keyboard-turner.

Rumor is in 1.3, all raid/pvp gear will get mailed to you immediately so instead of having to waste time doing dumb things like raiding you can just focus on the endgame story and watch American Idol as SWTOR was meant to be played. :eek:

This question has always confused me. "Why raid when you can get the gear from some other non-raiding xyz?"

Why even play an MMO? You play it to interact with other people. If your only goal of the game is to win shiny epix, regardless of the people around you, why not just play a single-player game? Personally, I raid with a group of people that I find enjoyable to be around, and the loot is secondary. Admittedly, there are times where the RNG gods hate me, and I end up with nothing, or getting something I already have, and that can be frustrating, but it is such a transient disappointment, of such inconsequential detail compared to the fun I have with my friends and seeing what hilarity we can get up to in-game.

So, in answer to your question, I pose another question - a deeper question: Why does it matter to you, at all, how other players arrive at their gear? Or is your ego so fragile?

So, in answer to your question, I pose another question - a deeper question: Why does it matter to you, at all, how other players arrive at their gear? Or is your ego so fragile?

Simple the more gear is given out the more people will sit on their hands and say I will just wait until 1.2 to get my gear. Its already being said in raiding guilds which need people for 2nd and 3rd groups.

Why are you paying $180 a year to play solo when you can buy Skyrim for $50. Its insane that you are paying for nothing. Really yes you are.

Why are you entitled to Hard mode raid gear by not raiding? You did not down the boss? I dont give a **** that you pay our $15 a month, Same can be said if you went to college and just randomly paid for classes and did not show. You did not earn a right to a degree just by paying for classes you never put effort into taking.

I am tired of people feeling they are entitled to things just because they Pay for something. YOU EARN ENTITLEMENT not given.

I personally think thats a bad system and one major flaw with GW2 (although I agree technically that the current system in most MMO's is also bad). The problem with GW2 is that there is no progression beyond appearance. The key element of MMO's/RPG's and longetivity is progression, it is incredibly important. You say the better/cooler looking stuff should be left to harder difficulties - but what is better/cooler is purely opinionated (look at the top end armor in this game and peoples opinion on it for a perfect example). I personally like the lower-end armours in this game, so if a system like GW2 was implemented where people dislike the high-end armours and would do anything they can to NOT use them... then wheres the progression?

GW2 doesn't need progression because it's not a game with a sub. In the P2P model there NEEDS to be progression to keep people playing and paying the sub.

With GW2 you can get to level 80 and stop playing the game until the next expansion or content update. That's completely fine because you won't be paying a sub that entire time you haven't been playing (or even played). People who had fun in the first 80 levels will come back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.