The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

R.I.P Pyro Powertech.

Shogunjedi

You're wrong on that one, sustained damage certainly has it's place in PvP. Pyro neither has the resource management nor the survivability for such a role though.

Sustained DPS isn't going to keep a healer on his toes. Pyro doesn't have a lot of options outside of Rail Shot RNG because it vents heat. Healers are going to be able to just stand there and heal themselves and anyone else around him without an issue otherwise as you get CC'd into oblivion or overheat.

There is no school lockouts which is why the interrupt change is mostly a "whatever". If the player isn't dumb hes just going to move on to another ability and keep on going. Pressure has a place when its meaningful, being predictable is just suicide against anyone that isn't facerolling their keyboards.

Edited by Tiraelina

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are buffing pyrotech.

Guaranteed burst every 6 seconds > maybe burst.

Have you ever played a pyrotech/some vanguard tree? this has to be some of the most stupid comments i have read in here. That maybe-burst occures very often, so right now my railshot is aviable every other time i use an ability. That new "guaranteed" burst basically cuts my railshot-burst-capability (which is a significant portion of my overall burstiness) in half.

And since advanced prototype won't get a real buff (100% crit every 15 seconds is really nothing worth mentioning), it is either time to tank in pvp or play another class.

I hated bw's "encouragement" for rerolling before launch, and i certainly don't like it anymore now.

I think the damage became more consistant. But if you use plasma cell you're going to be loll'ed on by snipers and marauders with thier buffs.

Time to go back to shield and still put up 500k :rolleyes:

Or tactics and be an amazing ball runner. Still burst people and have a -6- second free cost interrupt.;)

There is no such thing as 5k Rail Shots and 5+K Td's . To do that u need to have full BM set with adrenals and trinket . This is an exception.

"There is no such thing..." Proceeds to give an example of how to do it. lmao

Make no mistake, this is a nerf. I think it should have been handled a bit differently. Remove all the RNG aspects of it and just lower the cooldown of Rail Shot to something that Bioware feels would be reasonable.

It's still RNG, but RNG now can only screw us over, not help us out. GG terrible.

Edited by Sevvy

if i'm reading everything right with the 6 second cooldown on PPA.. we have no incentive to really add heat unless its for the kill in between the 6 second proc..we could use unload instead of auto attack but add heat alittle more instead of using flame burst and blowing our heat up.

Incendiary Missile > Rail Shot > (fish for proc) Rocket Punch and Flame burst > then Rail Shot > Auto attack > Auto Attack > Auto Attack (6 second just about up) > (35%-40% heat fish for proc)

or probly best is if CGC proc's .

Auto Attack > Rail Shot > (fish for proc) Rocket Punch and Flame burst > then Rail Shot > Auto attack > Auto Attack > Auto Attack (6 second just about up) > (about 20% heat fish for proc)

its a big nerf to FUN because its going to be boring to play now let alone having to use CGC instead of IGC for alittle survivability... no more taunt or shield cause of forced CGC.. am i the only one who see's it this way?

Strange that the majority of the good players just adapt to the changes and carry on playing while the "others" feel the need to rage on the forums maybe thinking that someone actually care about their bullsh err sorry i mean respectable opinions, isnt it?

Strange that the majority of the good players just adapt to the changes and carry on playing while the "others" feel the need to rage on the forums maybe thinking that someone actually care about their bullsh err sorry i mean respectable opinions, isnt it?

They don't care and change to another spec/role/class. It has nothing to do with being "good". I would simply quit and move on if the spec I enjoyed most became subpar. Hardly worth the effort with all the alternatives floating around.

They don't care and change to another spec/role/class. It has nothing to do with being "good". I would simply quit and move on if the spec I enjoyed most became subpar. Hardly worth the effort with all the alternatives floating around.

In my opinion it's the attitude of the players that determines if they are good or bad, most ppl

will just adapt or move on to other games without so much drama while the "others" post meaningless qq thread on the forums like i said. Ah and before saying that it will become subpar maybe u ppl should actually wait and see after the patch comes out, I know that it's hard for some of you to be patient and stay calm about videogames but try and make the effort mkay?

I don't consider myself the best PT, but i am definately far from beeing the worst. And i do think this nerf is a bit too much. It takes out the change of a hell of hurt for your opponent, but still leaves the chance to not do anything at all. Either you remove both, or none. Period.

In my opinion it's the attitude of the players that determines if they are good or bad, most ppl

will just adapt or move on to other games without so much drama while the "others" post meaningless qq thread on the forums like i said. Ah and before saying that it will become subpar maybe u ppl should actually wait and see after the patch comes out, I know that it's hard for some of you to be patient and stay calm about videogames but try and make the effort mkay?

I'm a good player, and while I don't whine and endlessly QQ like a lot of people on the forums do, I do give my input and state my opinions.

I gave my thoughts and suggestions on this change on the Powertech forums. This is a bad change. It used to be live and die by the sword when it came to Rail Shot procs, now it's just die. They're just putting an internal CD band-aid in place to "fix" an already broken mechanic.

I'm not going to lie, the lucky 2-3 procs of Rail Shot you'd get in a row sometimes was too much. But that was at least tempered by the times where you'd scramble to manage Heat when Rail Shot didn't proc and you had to wait for the 15s CD to be up.

This is how the changes should have gone down...

1. Prototype Particle Accelerator talent reduces the cooldown of Rail Shot by... 2s/4.5s/7.5s(for a total of 7.5 seconds off the cooldown of Rail Shot)

Those numbers are pulled out of thin air. Instead, plug in numbers you feel would be reasonable in regards to how often you think we should be able to use Rail Shot.

2. Prototype Particle Accelerator: Rocket Punch reduces the cooldown of Rail Shot by 1s/2s/3s and Flame Burst reduces the coolown of Rail Shot by .5s/1s/2s.

Again, numbers I just pulled out of thin air. Obviously, testing would need to be done to see if that would be inline with what Bioware thinks the cooldown of Rail Shot should be, but you get my point. Remove all RNG, because now RNG only serves to hinder us.

I don't think it will be less effective at all. It will certainly become less fun. One of the main reasons I loved it is because of the procs, because you had to watch your heat and adjust your rotation based on your procs. This now makes it basically equal to the other 2 heat vents with 8 heat/6s vented :(

needs a "filler", which definitely should not be our "default attack" (rapid shots or VG equivalent).. which it looks to be from what i can see. That or the heat vented from RS proc should be 20+ as mentioned by previous poster

heat is going to be quite a problem otherwise

drastically adjust the heat amount for the dot attack if you want us to open with that to be able to use RS/HIB before trying to acquire the proc via rocket punch/flame burst otherwise its not viable unless vent heat is available. Or the other option is just to be relying on "default" attack to pray you get combustible tick from it so you can hit railshot before starting rotation.

i am not completely against the changes but think it can be implemented in a more effective manner. Mostly because i understand proccing 3 or 4 times in a row is just an insta kill for us (as rare as it is), an improved chance to proc is ok but if they wanted it on a 6s cd, why not just make it a 6sec cd for pyro spec and get it over and done with, why just give us more rng and subsequently bigger heat problems.. furthermore how will that balance out in pve (i know this is pvp forum, and i only bring this up because how would they expect the class to still be a viable dps spec for the players that do ops)

I may only pvp on the PT, but i do understand that when they "balance" a class they cannot just do it based on solely pvp or pve otherwise it is not a viable solution which is why i bring it up.

still unsure really without seeing it first hand, would like to be able to copy characters to PTR so could test these things, but heard you actually have to lvl your PTR characters, is it any wonder why endgame bugs are so prolific when this is the case?

Ah and before saying that it will become subpar maybe u ppl should actually wait and see after the patch comes out, I know that it's hard for some of you to be patient and stay calm about videogames but try and make the effort mkay?

I play the spec in PvP, I know how hard this is going to hurt. I don't need to see it on live to know what its going to do. Bioware isn't special when it comes to development. Metrics will never replace actually playing and testing your own game. It's not as simple as "this spec/ac is doing too much damage/healing.".

These "you don't know how its going to work until its live!" posts are worse than the ones that are actually whining. In your own view we should all bend over and take it and if it's bad "oh well, go reroll".

I play the spec in PvP, I know how hard this is going to hurt. I don't need to see it on live to know what its going to do. Bioware isn't special when it comes to development. Metrics will never replace actually playing and testing your own game. It's not as simple as "this spec/ac is doing too much damage/healing.".

These "you don't know how its going to work until its live!" posts are worse than the ones that are actually whining. In your own view we should all bend over and take it and if it's bad "oh well, go reroll".

And in your own view whining in the forums is an effective way of reacting to these changes,

to each his own i guess. Ah and the fact that you play the spec in pvp doesnt mean that your opinions are facts.

I like how bads scream RIP for a OP spec that is being balanced so you can't gimp people in 4 GCDs as a friggin tank.

the fact you chose to contribute to a thread labelled specifically with the dps spec tree by comments such as this, just shows you are a complete moron.

have a nice day

the fact you chose to contribute to a thread labelled specifically with the dps spec tree by comments such as this, just shows you are a complete moron.

have a nice day

I would like to point out that the chances to get a rail-shot proc 4 times back to back right now is of 0.0081% ..... *** needs balance!?

have a nice day

The DPS spec tree.

On a tank.

Being able outburst pure DPS classes, not one in a blue moon, very reliably. Sometimes more luck, sometimes less, but generally reliable due to extremely high proc rates with no cooldown on the proc(until 1.2 that is).

I'd reconsider who is the complete moron here if I were you.

And in your own view whining in the forums is an effective way of reacting to these changes,

to each his own i guess. Ah and the fact that you play the spec in pvp doesnt mean that your opinions are facts.

What else should he do...? I mean whining in the forums for PTS COULD change it, it worked for mages when Blizzard tried to nerf them why not here..

The DPS spec tree.

On a tank.

Being able outburst pure DPS classes, not one in a blue moon, very reliably. Sometimes more luck, sometimes less, but generally reliable due to extremely high proc rates with no cooldown on the proc(until 1.2 that is).

I believe its still you sire... again the probability for it to proc 4 times back to back is 0.0081%.

And then If your in dps spec you are not a tank...

L2think?

The DPS spec tree.

On a tank.

I bolded the part that you can't seem to comprehend.

The DPS spec tree.

On a tank.

it is not a tank

their is 2 dps tree's, 1 tank

same as assassin

same as most classes that have either the option of 1 healer/2dps, 1tank/2dps tree's

by your general consensus, op's or merc's, or sorc/sage should not be doing damage because they are "healers", deception or madness assassins should always lose or do little dps because they are "tanks"... point... they are not tanks!!

I have reconsidered and have concluded...that your posts do nothing to prove otherwise, they only further show that your opinion should be immediately disregarded as complete drivel.