The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

0/23/18 The New Parakeet?

Malvantyr

Retractable blade > flame burst > rail shot > rocket punch > rail shot

That sound about right?

Dot them for the hamstring slow, and to make rail shot crit. Flame burst to add another dot, and maybe make rocket punch free, and to set them on fire to do more damage and conserve heat. Rail shot a burning target, hopefully an auto crit. Rocket punch(hopefully for free) for a chance to reset rail shot and maybe make it auto crit.

You won't four shot anyone with chain 5k crits with this build, but you should be able to keep on trucking. Plus being immune to knock backs for 8 seconds is nice.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhMbdh.1

Edited by Malvantyr

Wouldn't it be "RB -> Rail Shot (not proc'd) -> RP -> Either RS again or FB depending if proc'd -> RS if it didn't proc before"? That way you get 2 Rail shots in with RBs DoT ticking on both for possible auto-crit/s.

Though I never did try out the parakeet spec, I doubt it would perform anything like it. Parakeet is a tank with good damage output due to the RS proc, whilst still keeping charge+guard aswell as survivability. This build is more of a full DPS build that the proc + crit chance, aswell as mobility + extra DoT.

Edited by Ollboy

Parakeet was resetting rail shot while using the tanking cylinder. Aside from the tanking stance itself, parakeet ignored most of the tanking skills anyway.

This is more like a crazy proc build. Hydrollic override will add some survivability.

Really by putting parakeet in the title, everyone will open this thread, and hopefully not cry for the past, but discuss plans for the future.

Parakeet was resetting rail shot while using the tanking cylinder. Aside from the tanking stance itself, parakeet ignored most of the tanking skills anyway.

This is more like a crazy proc build. Hydrollic override will add some survivability.

Really by putting parakeet in the title, everyone will open this thread, and hopefully not cry for the past, but discuss plans for the future.

Parakeet was always a tank spec. It's why you got the 2% damage reduction. If you wanted to do dps you should have just gone full pyro, or AP/pyro hybrid. There are literally zero dps increases in the shield tree.

I guess I didn't realize how many people were playing the spec/game incorrectly, and maybe that lead to the changes.

I think I would move the points from Hydralic Overload and Kolto Vents and place those two points in Rail Loaders.

HO is actually a really good skill and if your up that far certainly no reason not to grab it. A hybrid like this definately doesnt need the new hamstring ability though (which is what the point in Kolto Vents would be) due to the snare from CGC