The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.2 build 8/31/2

Malvantyr

After looking at the changes to come, running deep tactics with ion cell looks like fun.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hRMZrsMrobfkdsZb.1

I wonder if both slows will stack, probably not.

I currently have full bm Eliminators, looks like I will have to work on combat tech.

I'm not giving up on assault, it still looks great. Besides, when you get enough gear, you don't need to HIB someone more than twice.

Edited by Malvantyr

After looking at the changes to come, running deep tactics with ion cell looks like fun.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hRMZrsMrobfkdsZb.1

I wonder if both slows will stack, probably not.

I currently have full bm Eliminators, looks like I will have to work on combat tech.

I'm not giving up on assault, it still looks great. Besides, when you get enough gear, you don't need to HIB someone more than twice.

Won't that build be quite limited by ammo regen?

The movie below is very close to that build.

I did not take the Ion Cell snare skills though. Instead I put those 3 points into the Aim skill to increase damage. The Ion Cell snare is an extremely weak mechanic IMO. The new Gut snare would plug that hole well.

I'd suggest dumping the Ion Cell snare and relying on Gut for the snare and going Aim for increased damage.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMrRrfkzsZb.1

I altered the build to run high energy cell. I'm seriously considering tactics for 1.2, I was a huge assault fan.

What is the best burst rotation?

Sticky grenade > flame burst > gut > stockstrike > HIB > ion pulse

Basically, start throwing stuff at them while you close the gap, then try to proc stuff. Followed by ion pulse and hammer shot to build towards pulse cannon.

I'm not familiar with what a non-assault HIB looks like, what does it crit for? I haven't tried tactics since centurion gear so long ago.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMrRrfkzsZb.1

I altered the build to run high energy cell. I'm seriously considering tactics for 1.2, I was a huge assault fan.

Not running Icell with Power Armor and Shock Absorbers you are going to spend a lot of time dead in PVP

Tactics should be played as a tanky/dps imo guarding your teammates while assisting other DPS in taking down their target with your high sustained damage and survivability if you sacrifice the survivability you are just a gimp assault spec.

What is the best burst rotation?

Sticky grenade > flame burst > gut > stockstrike > HIB > ion pulse

With the changes to gut this will most likely be the best rotation.

Basically, start throwing stuff at them while you close the gap, then try to proc stuff. Followed by ion pulse and hammer shot to build towards pulse cannon.

I'm not familiar with what a non-assault HIB looks like, what does it crit for? I haven't tried tactics since centurion gear so long ago.

I usually hit around 2k+ without buffs up

Responses posted in red

Responses posted in red

yet sentinels and dps guards do not need a "tank" form to do well... you will be soft but as a DPSer you should be tactics is very very under rated most people see a rifle using trooper and ignore them because no-one sees them as a threat. Rollup and hit someone with a good burst and they will not know what happened.

While High Energy Cell is very weak in itself, the cell generator makes it really, really good. On my Assault spec I was out of ammo quite frequently, with HEC you can pretty much spam Ion pulse all the time, and with all the buffs to it, it results in some good spikes.

Ehh? I always thought the snare applied when the Ion Cell dot ticked as well. Never really payed much attention to it though, nor did I actually test it.

I'm comparing it to the plasma cell snare which is much more reliable.

Also, compare our tank snare with the other tanks' snares. It's not even close. Vanguards are the worst tank for peeling melee off of friendly healers since we do not have an AoE snare AND our single target snare kind of sucks as well.

I mean, their AoE snares are better than our single target snare. Heh.

Edited by Raggok

yet sentinels and dps guards do not need a "tank" form to do well... you will be soft but as a DPSer you should be tactics is very very under rated most people see a rifle using trooper and ignore them because no-one sees them as a threat. Rollup and hit someone with a good burst and they will not know what happened.

Sentinels and dps guards have superior defensive cooldowns, so maybe you get lucky and are completely ignored but that rarely happens for me and there is still all the AOE damage that can't be ignored.