Don't take away our "giggle/laugh" when upper hand procs in 1.2! =(

PerfectDuke

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't even bring myself to play the game right now knowing i will be losing the giggle and Corso's harpoon in the next update. i just log in look at my scoundrel and think man that's not going to be fun to level anymore.

they seem like such little things but those little things add up fast. it has got to the point that all the little issues are just making scoundrel not fun to play anymore.

i still like the game i just can't level my scoundrel knowing whats coming. so i will just not be healing anyone until they bring the laughter back.

The change was intended to prevent sound fatigue when lots of these procs were going off in a small area (especially in operations)

It must be that same mysterious Team of Operatives Zoeller talked about...They run around ops and wzs, stunlock everything they see, giggle all the time and cause sound fatigues!!!

:mon_trap:

Devs are brillant as always. "we know you need giggle as an audio proc tracker, but we'd rather take it away, sorry...well...we'll find some other way of tracking your procs....some day...we're working on it, really".

Sure, keep the giggle, but please give my assassin some proc sounds as well to irritate the multitudes and let me know when my exploit weakness/ exploitive strikes are up

Or get rid of it, and let them keep glancing at their proc icons like the rest of us.

Sure, keep the giggle, but please give my assassin some proc sounds as well to irritate the multitudes and let me know when my exploit weakness/ exploitive strikes are up

Or get rid of it, and let them keep glancing at their proc icons like the rest of us.

do you really want your healers looking at anything but your health bar?

Please, please, pleasssse do not take away the giggle. It makes me ever so happy and smile and love my smuggler to pieces. I am a giggler in real life and it is just so perfect that I even named my legacy "Gigglebox" because of the combination of me and my smuggler both being gigglers. I have an agent as well!

So very glad this is gone! :D

Best move ever Bioware! The giggle was annoying, and if you got into WZs that were chock full of gigglers, it was downright insanity.

Kudos to Bioware for doing it right, and getting rid of the annoying stuff!

Now, go to Lucas and get him to eriadicate the Gungans!

Ah well. One of the very few reasons, for me, to play SWoTR gone. My smuggler brought me joy with just the simple giggle. Now she's lost a lot of her charm and personality. What is the point of having a legacy and a family, customizing your appearance, when a chunk of the class personality disappears? I had debating quitting due to the extremely low population of my original server, re-rolled on another server and tried smuggler. I found my perfect character in the smuggler!! She kept me coming back and engaged in the game.

What about all the inquisitor lightning noises and all the various other sound effects? Something NOT important to a proc tracking and personality of a class?

Sigh. Sometimes it really is the small things that keep people coming back. I honestly don't give a crap about bothering to finish leveling my smuggler anymore. Won't bother with my operative either. So, let's see... I had to re-roll to another server due to low pop. Already have a max level sage on that old server. Also a high level trooper. The other classes don't appeal to me, so...

Why bother to continue playing? Oh yeah, so I can build my GIGGLEBOX legacy that will now forever remind me of what BW removed from the game?!?!? Hah. Hah.

Might seem small, but to me the giggle was a huge motivational thing that made my level of enjoyment of this game very high. I could ignore a lot of the other little things based on the fact that my smuggler brought me pure joy hearing her giggle.

I'm sure many players have played and have accounts in other MMOs. Part of what made SWoTR different and enjoyable was the PERSONALITY of your character (sounds, names, legacy, physical appearance customization). I won't continue playing a game, that requires a subscription fee, to just do the same stuff in and out (go collect x body parts/pieces of STUFF, over and over) that I have done countless times in another game such as WoW.

I was happy to see the UI update, but it is far from anywhere near optimal. I still can't see buffs/debuffs very easily in op frames. As a healer having to scan through those super tiny buffs to cleanse someone? Insanely difficult and unwieldy. The regular buffs aren't all that big either, so scanning through all the players health bars, buffs, my buffs, mobs, making sure not to stand in the fail, etc.... those proc sounds do have a purpose.

Why take away an awesome personality trait and a proc tracking ability? I have never heard one complaint in game about the giggle, but I have heard people chuckle and enjoy it. For those few people posting against the giggle, I think the ability to toggle off other player proc noises should be an option - but I do not agree that BW should remove any sound effects that add to the game experience in a joyful and useful way.

---edited to add---

I submitted an in-game ticket to complain. Not sure if it would do anything, but... I figured I would try that as another avenue of complaint.

Edited by Boogety

Yea, really missed this yesterday. Like a lot. Both as an "aaw, I liked that noise" and because I don't know if I've got upper hand any more, saw a lot of "requires the upper hand" while trying to spam EMP.

Glad to say (pre 1.2) I did get to spend a good part of a voidstar stood next to Captain Obvi'usse (or similar), keeping our defenders up while we giggled to each other. It was lovely.

This was a simply disgusting mechanic that they were well advised to get rid of.

Not only were gunslingers dying like flies to operatives perma stun and ludicrous op damage but then to hear them laughing at you when you died was intolerable.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comment

I am glad it is gone .. it drove me nuts and was worse that everyone around me could hear me cackle like a mad man every few seconds ..

It would be good to have an audible Que for the skill I agree .. but make it so only the player of the character can hear it .. make it something other then a Horrible half hearted insane chuckle .. he he ... he he ... he he ...

I am glad it is GONE .. sheesh that is a big plus to me to play my smuggler again.

Ah well. One of the very few reasons, for me, to play SWoTR gone. My smuggler brought me joy with just the simple giggle. Now she's lost a lot of her charm and personality. What is the point of having a legacy and a family, customizing your appearance, when a chunk of the class personality disappears? I had debating quitting due to the extremely low population of my original server, re-rolled on another server and tried smuggler. I found my perfect character in the smuggler!! She kept me coming back and engaged in the game.

What about all the inquisitor lightning noises and all the various other sound effects? Something NOT important to a proc tracking and personality of a class?

Sigh. Sometimes it really is the small things that keep people coming back. I honestly don't give a crap about bothering to finish leveling my smuggler anymore. Won't bother with my operative either. So, let's see... I had to re-roll to another server due to low pop. Already have a max level sage on that old server. Also a high level trooper. The other classes don't appeal to me, so...

Why bother to continue playing? Oh yeah, so I can build my GIGGLEBOX legacy that will now forever remind me of what BW removed from the game?!?!? Hah. Hah.

Might seem small, but to me the giggle was a huge motivational thing that made my level of enjoyment of this game very high. I could ignore a lot of the other little things based on the fact that my smuggler brought me pure joy hearing her giggle.

I'm sure many players have played and have accounts in other MMOs. Part of what made SWoTR different and enjoyable was the PERSONALITY of your character (sounds, names, legacy, physical appearance customization). I won't continue playing a game, that requires a subscription fee, to just do the same stuff in and out (go collect x body parts/pieces of STUFF, over and over) that I have done countless times in another game such as WoW.

I was happy to see the UI update, but it is far from anywhere near optimal. I still can't see buffs/debuffs very easily in op frames. As a healer having to scan through those super tiny buffs to cleanse someone? Insanely difficult and unwieldy. The regular buffs aren't all that big either, so scanning through all the players health bars, buffs, my buffs, mobs, making sure not to stand in the fail, etc.... those proc sounds do have a purpose.

Why take away an awesome personality trait and a proc tracking ability? I have never heard one complaint in game about the giggle, but I have heard people chuckle and enjoy it. For those few people posting against the giggle, I think the ability to toggle off other player proc noises should be an option - but I do not agree that BW should remove any sound effects that add to the game experience in a joyful and useful way.

---edited to add---

I submitted an in-game ticket to complain. Not sure if it would do anything, but... I figured I would try that as another avenue of complaint.

+1 i really miss it, it was amazing :p