Ravage in 1.2

unclekaula

1.2 patch notes

"Ravage can no longer be interrupted."

I really dont like this idea. I never let ravage go past 2 hits. :(

Although I rate a skill with a relative long channeling time for a melee class a major fail, the problem wasn't the interrupt, it is the damned non interruptable animation, which let you sometimes stand there for seconds without the possibility to do anything about it.

Edited by Midichlorien

This honestly confuses me, does this mean if we start casting it on someone in PvP and they walk away we finish with the damage, or that interrupts just don't work on it any more? Because if it's the latter this doesn't fix the problem with Ravage in PvP.

Let us cast it while moving! I don't care if it can be interrupted as long as I can channel it and follow my target.

It's not like it does enough damage to make it overpowered, quite the contrary, if a target is snared ravage is still the last thing on your priority list as a DPS Jugg. If we could use it while moving it'd be a step in the right direction to getting our DPS on par with everyone else.

Edited by Norke

Interrupts don't work anymore, and if you're smart you'll use a Chilling Scream before using ravage or use Ravage right after a Force Charge 'cause his movement will be impaired for a while then, then the opponent can't run.

You can still interrupt yourself by doing any other action.

they need to just totally remove this stupid skill and replace it with a single hard hit on the same cooldown.

A channelled skill on a melee toon.....works fine in pve, but most smart players wont stand there and let you hit them in pvp.

they need to just totally remove this stupid skill and replace it with a single hard hit on the same cooldown.

A channelled skill on a melee toon.....works fine in pve, but most smart players wont stand there and let you hit them in pvp.

Smarter players than smart players will stun and/or slow the opponent and even fake stun on an opponent just to have them use a CC breaker so they can stun again and take the ravage. You gotta get a distance before you can run from ravage and if you position yourself well you can pull it off neatly.

Ravage got an insane buff now by not being interruptible, be grateful and SMARTER in order to pull it off.

Constructive criticism.

Smarter players than smart players will stun and/or slow the opponent and even fake stun on an opponent just to have them use a CC breaker so they can stun again and take the ravage. You gotta get a distance before you can run from ravage and if you position yourself well you can pull it off neatly.

Ravage got an insane buff now by not being interruptible, be grateful and SMARTER in order to pull it off.

Constructive criticism.

Appreciate the criticism,

I didn't say it can't be done, it just is not a good mechanic for a melee type in my opinion. I don't enjoy it is all I'm saying. If there are some people who like this mechanic, great, I however would much rather have something differant.

Appreciate the criticism,

I didn't say it can't be done, it just is not a good mechanic for a melee type in my opinion. I don't enjoy it is all I'm saying. If there are some people who like this mechanic, great, I however would much rather have something differant.

As a fighter myself, I am of a belief (and proof) that on-the-move attacks have their effectiveness reduced. There are a few ways in order to make a move effect as you sidestep, like hooking a punch to the opposite side, for example, but I believed that, at least, if you're attacking while moving you should lose strength on the melee maneuver, (of course, overall skill damage would be balanced for this matter in order to avoid being kited, A.K.A increased) and, because of this I welcome Ravage and Master Strike. They look realistic, VERY cool, both animations and deal a TON of damage.

Look at the Star Wars movie yourself. Moving attacks are, if at all, only done by sidestapping or back/frontstepping. There are some running attacks, but these are very specific.

I know this doesn't work at all in an MMO like SWTOR and the way it's designed, but it's pretty much why I like these skills a lot. They're a way to do great DPS and damage without using Rage if you know HOW to use it in small timeframes.

If you use Backhand, for example, which is a 4 second stun, the opponent only has half a second left in order to react and this hardly can pay off for an interrupt to come out, and they wouldn't even dream of running off. Most of the times I can hit my Ravage just well enough.

Constructive criticism.

Agreed, this is the key to its use

ya even tohugh i also hate channeling attacks like this ravage does have its uses. One thing i like (i dont know if it s a bug or not) but ravage will hit poeple that move out of it even at far. But ya i'm sure u can still cancel it yourelf it is just uninteruptable

1.2 patch notes

"Ravage can no longer be interrupted."

I really dont like this idea. I never let ravage go past 2 hits. :(

You also missed the part where the Ravager talent will increse the damage the ability does.

Really... dont look at something and find a way to QQ about it.

Read all of it calmly and reflect on what the point of it all is and what makes sense.