Bioware, great job on ruining Commandos

Kushtaka

Why is everyone so pissed off about chanages in an online game? If you are worth your weight in salt you can and will learnt o adapt. Unless you have leveled and used all 3 specs of each AC within SWTOR please shut it about "my class got nerfed". Very frustrating, those who are not good players will contiue to complain about how they need more stuff handed to them.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so pissed off about chanages in an online game? If you are worth your weight in salt you can and will learnt o adapt. Unless you have leveled and used all 3 specs of each AC within SWTOR please shut it about "my class got nerfed". Very frustrating, those who are not good players will contiue to complain about how they need more stuff handed to them.

If the discussion bothers you that much, feel free to remove yourself from it.

I would if there was something to adapt to. You have to realize this game is VERY simplistic when it comes to "builds" and gameplay compared ie to games like Rift and GW1, where you had thousands of different builds and combinations to choose from which would prompt completely different playstyles.

In this game you have 3 trees with very little synergys except for 1 or 2 basic hybridbuilds. So when all 3 trees gets nerfed into the ground that leaves very little room for "find a new build and adapt".

Adapt to...what...? Being the worst ranged class in the game? Being the worst healer in the game? Being an easy kill 1v1 to melee? ("hey Bob, lets kill that Sage with 13k hitpoints!" "No, Jim, that BM geared Commando is MUCH easier to kill, lets faceroll him!") Being the only ranged class that has no CC, lowered damage, lowered survivability and very little in the way of creating and keeping distance? Being the class with no interrupt? Being the ranged class with little CC?

Please, save it.

its because they are bad players, and they know their spec takes no skill and does too much. The issue is they need their crutch to feel as if they are actually good players, now that their crutch is being taken away they know they lack the skill to be as effective.

its because they are bad players, and they know their spec takes no skill and does too much. The issue is they need their crutch to feel as if they are actually good players, now that their crutch is being taken away they know they lack the skill to be as effective.

LoL at this kid.

You got bent by a commando or you're flat out evil. I'm curious abut how you got bent by a commando though, lol must've been embarrassing.

You got bent by a commando or you're flat out evil. I'm curious abut how you got bent by a commando though, lol must've been embarrassing.

never been beat by one because you cannot be good with them because they were a crap class before, but now they just changed them and everyone crys about it.

It's funny to come into other class forums and read about them declaring themselves the "worst ranged DPS in the game", when I go to my class forum (Sniper) and read them saying the same thing.

As the saying goes, when everyone is complaining, it probably means Bioware more or less got it right.

Hybrid spec Commandos are currently overpowered, in my experience. Their current rotation is also way too simplistic (much like the Mercs with their endless stream of tracer missiles, most Commandos I encounter are able to rely way too much on just hitting grav round over and over again).

But commandos certainly aren't the only class - Sorcerers are probably Public Enemy #1 when it comes to being overpowered in PvP right now, and hence are getting hit pretty hard with the nerf bat.

People will complain about these changes, then they will adapt to them, as is always the case. A few people will threaten loudly to be done with the game, but you can't balance your game based on threats by people who like their class just the way they are.

If by "ruining" you mean "balanced", then I guess you got it right. Commandos/Mercs were loaded with too many +% healing bonuses, while having numerous abilities to load cells/vent heat, on top of damage reduction buffs.

You're insane if you don't think they were loaded with too much passive utility. Yeah, passive. Hitting Supercharge Cells/Gas is not hard, and its ready ridiculously fast.

They actualy needed all these heat vent abilitys, because there are definitly heat-problems compared to sorcerers.

Hit a little too close to the truth, didn't he.

Someone is butthurt they can't faceroll to top damage in warzones anymore...

*plays world's tiniest violin*

Yes, because all you have to do is use GR and that will magically get you to 400k damage...ignorant.

I ran a Vanguard to 50 as my first toon, and now i started a commando.

My observation so far is that the Commando damage was just insane. You could nerf my damage 15% and i'd still be rolling everything.

As others have said, learn and adjust. If you don't like it roll one of those classes you say is so easy and have fun.

Commando right now is overpowered, just admit it.

My observation so far is that the Commando damage was just insane. You could nerf my damage 15% and i'd still be rolling everything.

As others have said, learn and adjust. If you don't like it roll one of those classes you say is so easy and have fun.

issue is nothing is easier then a gunney commando.

If by "ruining" you mean "balanced", then I guess you got it right. Commandos/Mercs were loaded with too many +% healing bonuses, while having numerous abilities to load cells/vent heat, on top of damage reduction buffs.

You're insane if you don't think they were loaded with too much passive utility. Yeah, passive. Hitting Supercharge Cells/Gas is not hard, and its ready ridiculously fast.

^this

The damage isnt the issue for me. my grav round 10% less dosent bother me it will still hit for 3k+ with the amount of power and surge i have. Demo will hit harder so 6k crits will happen more frequently.

The problem for me is;

Charged Barrier now provides 1% damage reduction per stack. This used to be 2%= More Squishy

Grav Round has been rebalanced. It now costs 2 Energy Cells, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Energy Cell costs. It now reduces the activation time of Charged Bolts and Grav Round by .5 seconds. so ammo does balance out...

Tenacious Defense now reduces the cooldown of Concussion Charge by 2.5 seconds per point. This will make my Concussion Charge will have a longer CD 5 seconds to be exact.... This basically means melee went from having an 80-90% uptime to a 90-100% uptime depending if u can get 1 knockback off

Utility is my issue, No ranged interrupt, Cryo grenade is not an interrupt it is a CC

Knockback nerfs, only real survival tool we have

Reflective shield... all other classes have this or equivalent in another way

As i said before Commandos are not special forces they are infantry with big guns who die faster than anyone else, because the tools to survive were given to other classes. They felt that we didnt need them since everyone else had them flawed logic imo.

We can QQ all we want Bioware will continue to destroy this game. The amount of ppl on my server has dropped dramatically ive had 2 hr wait times fro WZ pops. before it used to be almost instant all day long.

I will keep playing this game till i find something better.... ( tired of Wow)

I will keep playing my commando because he has a BadA** name

And when i roll u in pvp, Just know you had a clear advantage in class, just not in skill.

Edited by Vishos

Grav round cost/cast time is the same as long as you take Muzzle Fluting, all they did was nerf the Medic tactic of not going into gunnery for Fluting and spamming Charged Bolt when Super-Charged Cell comes up.

Guys, let's not forget the biggest point of this update: THEY DIDN'T CHANGE VORTEX STACKING! Which means that having two Commandos is still going to give your Demo Rounds +50%, 3 will give +75%, etc. Add to that higher Demo Round damage, and we are still very, very powerful.

Can anything stop a group of 4, synced up Commandos in a rated? Even if you are guarded, 3 GCDs (2x grav 1x demo) from even 3 commandos will insta-gib ANYTHING.

Ok we're taking a slight damage nerf because Commando dps was SO over the top that they consistenly beat Snipers, Operatives, Sorcs, and Marauders right? /sarcasm

The problem is that we get a damage and >>defense<< nerf with hardly anything to help the class in return. 10% extra damage on a 15s cooldown attack is not gonna make up for dying faster. All of you complaining about Commando dps (cough Hizoka cough) will continue to complain when you notice that other classes are killing you even faster than a Commando after 1.2

All you whiners like Hizoka do is complain about Commandos but offer no feedback.

We have nowhere near the amount of defensive abilities that other classes have. Hell even snipers who like to consider themselves the worst ranged class in the game have more interrupts, knockbacks, defensive abilities, AND they have way better damage than a Commando, if left alone.

That is the problem right there, when focused Commandos have next to nothing to help themselves survive. What good is a knockback when Sorcs, Snipers, can continue to hit you for 4k per attack at range and Marauders can force jump right back into melee range and continue to hit for 4k+ per attack.

Operatives can stealth, stun, flash grenade and run away to heal, Sorcs have shield and sprint to run away and heal, Marauders have an ability that reduces damn near 99% of incoming damage that combined with their dps allows them to finish just about anyone, hell probably more than one player oh and they can vanish as well btw. The only classes we actually stand a chance is defense Juggs just because their dps is lacking, but if they're dps spec... yeah.

Commandos have what, Reactive Shield? 12s of 25% damage reduction so instead of getting hit for 4k crits I'll take 3k damage. You say that the class is easy so it needs nerfing. Reading between the lines what you really mean is "I want to be able to have an even easier time killing Commandos so please nerf their damage and defenses and give them nothing in return in the way of defeneses/interrupts so I can burn them down even quicker, thanks."

The mechanics of the class in Gunnery spec is based around Grav Round. Nothing you can do to avoid that if you're spec'd into Gunnery. Cry all you like about "GR spammer lulz" that's what we're supposed to do to kill you.

Do you complain to Marauders for stabbing you with light sabers? to Operatives for knocking you into the ground and backstabbing you repeatedly? to Sorcerers for spamming dots and lightning attacks? Snipers for continually spamming their crosshair thing attack on you for 4k+ a hit from behind cover? Yeah I guess that's next on the list.

Ok enough gripes, here's what I suggest for Commandos as far as defenses. Make Reactive Shield actually reactive. Have it increase our defenses the way Riposte increases Sentinel defenses for a short duration but allow it to proc more often. Maybe based on stuns/movement impairing abilities placed on you. Rather than a flat 12s duration every 2 minutes. Give Charged Barrier a chance to remove movement impairments placed on you. Allow Stock Strike to knock down the target for 2 seconds (this could function as our non-existent interrupt against healers.) Or make Blitz work in PVP as our interrupt.

Allow Plasma Grenade to snare the targets it hits. Cryo Grenade to freeze up to four targets in a certain radius up from one.

This would improve our survivability and bring us in line with other classes while still staying close to the mechanics of the class.

Grav round cost/cast time is the same as long as you take Muzzle Fluting, all they did was nerf the Medic tactic of not going into gunnery for Fluting and spamming Charged Bolt when Super-Charged Cell comes up.

Guys, let's not forget the biggest point of this update: THEY DIDN'T CHANGE VORTEX STACKING! Which means that having two Commandos is still going to give your Demo Rounds +50%, 3 will give +75%, etc. Add to that higher Demo Round damage, and we are still very, very powerful.

Can anything stop a group of 4, synced up Commandos in a rated? Even if you are guarded, 3 GCDs (2x grav 1x demo) from even 3 commandos will insta-gib ANYTHING.

But were not crappy healers.... i was a healer that didnt have grav round.... i felt that the other classes deserved better than having one more spammer... so they nerf me TO use grav round.... and I dont wanna!

I admit gunnery dps is over the top, when I was in gunnery build its easy to get kills PROVIDED I am not targetted. Then again I do accept the fact that gunnery commandos are essentially artillery, so we cant win direct confrontation. I accept the nerfs for gunnery.

But the main issue is, why do Commando Medics get nerfed hardest among all classes? Just because our DPS tree is making lots of noobs cry, our medic tree gets the sledgehammer.

You guys might as well petition to scrap the entire medic talent tree. Hell, even better, remove Commando class totally from the game. You want "balancing", yea well thats the best balancing ever in the entire history of MMO, remove the class.

Oh wait, Trooper does seem OP in the Star Wars movie and games, maybe we can petition Lucas Arts or whatever to re-edit all the movies, novels, etc to remove Republic troopers from their Lore, now we get "Lore balancing" too...

Hmm, oh yea, the Trooper figurine i saw at the shop had a assault cannon way cooler and bigger than the Light saber wielded by my Jedi figurine at home, OOOVVERRRRPPOOWWEERREDD!!! Lets petition to scrap all Trooper figurines. we can get "Toy Balancing"!!!!!

Edited by ImariKurumi

Yeah will not be playing my battlemaster commando anymore, no joke.

Mele in swtor is alredy OP compared to range in TOR in 1vs1.And now they are nerfing us because of a few low players whining about getting killed in public pvp.

Damd bioware suck so hard right now.Have lost all respect for them.

I would love to see the face on bioware devs playing a commando in full battlemaster gear going up against a good mele class like Assassin/Marauder and get wrecked in a dual and then hear what they had to say.

I believe Bioware has said time and time again, Pvp was designed to be a team effort. TEAM. Not duels, not 1 vs. 1, not pony races, not e-peen stroking matches... team. Thus, most of these nerfs have been to make the commando a less solitary fortress and a more team friendly/reliant class, as all classes should be. (On an opposite note, I will agree I question the maur/sent buffs.)

I play a 50 Merc in full champion (oh no! Newb alert -.- it's one of my 3 lvl 50's and I have a job, not saying others don't.) She specc'ed heals, and for a short time I had her a heal/dps hybrid. She absolutely destroyed everything in matches, and as a full heal spec she's been refered to as "The Unbeatable Judice." Mercs/Commandos had an exceeding amount of survivability and in a team setting, needed a nerf.

So please get that around your heads before QQ'ing about nerfs cause now you're not as good 1 vs. 1. It's called l2p on a team, and you will feel unbeatable once again. -.- so tired of the pity threads popping up raging about nerfs that were nearly across the board. Check the Sorcs/Sages, The Pyrotech/Vanguard, Ops/Scoundrel threads...

And stop reposting QQ threads!

^_^ Ty Bioware, good luck with future balancing.

Edit:

This guy get's it. A team... *Team* featuring 2-3 commandos can still roll people as long as they work as a team, even against another team using guard/taunts/heals. It's team pvp peeps, l2p it!

And you don't need to have 2-3 commandos to still own, you just need to still work with/coordinate with a team.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

I believe Bioware has said time and time again, Pvp was designed to be a team effort. TEAM. Not duels, not 1 vs. 1, not pony races, not e-peen stroking matches... team. Thus, most of these nerfs have been to make the commando a less solitary fortress and a more team friendly/reliant class, as all classes should be. (On an opposite note, I will agree I question the maur/sent buffs.)

I play a 50 Merc in full champion (oh no! Newb alert -.- it's one of my 3 lvl 50's and I have a job, not saying others don't.) She specc'ed heals, and for a short time I had her a heal/dps hybrid. She absolutely destroyed everything in matches, and as a full heal spec she's been refered to as "The Unbeatable Judice." Mercs/Commandos had an exceeding amount of survivability and in a team setting, needed a nerf.

So please get that around your heads before QQ'ing about nerfs cause now you're not as good 1 vs. 1. It's called l2p on a team, and you will feel unbeatable once again. -.- so tired of the pity threads popping up raging about nerfs that were nearly across the board. Check the Sorcs/Sages, The Pyrotech/Vanguard, Ops/Scoundrel threads...

And stop reposting QQ threads!

^_^ Ty Bioware, good luck with future balancing.

Edit:

This guy get's it. A team... *Team* featuring 2-3 commandos can still roll people as long as they work as a team, even against another team using guard/taunts/heals. It's team pvp peeps, l2p it!

And you don't need to have 2-3 commandos to still own, you just need to still work with/coordinate with a team.

You are entitled to your opinion so if you hate the QQ thread please stop reading or posting cause your wasting your time. BTW Gunnery commandos do not have survivability.

"I believe Bioware has said time and time again, Pvp was designed to be a team effort. TEAM. Not duels, not 1 vs. 1, not pony races, not e-peen stroking matches... team."

I will also need a team to quest with on a pvp server since everytime you get ganked its a whole team jumping your lowly character...

Then sent/Mar need to be nerfed to the ground and not be able to beat anyone 1v1. Is this what your saying. so no class should be able to beat another 1v1. Sounds pretty dumb....

PVP is player vs player and not every situation will be so perfect that you will have your team around. Balance comes in where skill is more the deciding factor on the win rather than a large gap between classes in certain aspects. its fine to have anti classes. but there is a lvl of extreme bioware took it to.I have taken every Ilum node solo( Not team based) Had to defend turrets ain Civil war alone (not team based) this game is not team based pvp wise. most ppl will still care about getting the 3k valor for just getting medals and be content with titles/ gear than sit here and care about winning. with rated WZ coming out that might change.

Go back to your merc thread and post there

Edited by Vishos

You are entitled to your opinion so if you hate the QQ thread please stop reading or posting cause your wasting your time. BTW Gunnery commandos do not have survivability.

"I believe Bioware has said time and time again, Pvp was designed to be a team effort. TEAM. Not duels, not 1 vs. 1, not pony races, not e-peen stroking matches... team."

Then sent/Mar need to be nerfed to the ground and not be able to beat anyone 1v1. Is this what your saying. so no class should be able to beat another 1v1. Sounds pretty dumb....

PVP is player vs player and not every situation will be so perfect that you will have your team around. Balance comes in where skill is more the deciding factor on the win rather than a large gap between classes in certain aspects. its fine to have anti classes. but there is a lvl of extreme bioware took it to.I have taken every Ilum node solo( Not team based) Had to defend turrets ain Civil war alone (not team based) this game is not team based pvp wise. most ppl will still care about getting the 3k valor for just getting medals and be content with titles/ gear than sit here and care about winning. with rated WZ coming out that might change.

Go back to your merc thread and post there

My earlier post comment on my own questioning of the maur/sent buff especially after seeing it in the PTS. That's not the main issue being discussed, which is the "ruining of the commando."

No Gunnery survivability = Tracer/Grav spam buffs defense, we have an energy shield (excuse my lack of commando term), we have a knock back (and a second single target one attached to stock strike.), we have heals (yes, you can use them even without points in them, just do that LoS thing and heal). We have an buff that lets you cast your next skill instantly (instant-heal? what?!). We have a stun, and a full length CC (another time for instant cast buff?)... So tell me again, we don't have survivability?

PvP to you may mean player vs. player, but to Bioware and a decent amount of pvp'ers, it's Team Pvp. Should no class be able to beat another 1 vs 1... that's absurd, and gunnery didn't get nerfed hard enough to make it impossible to beat other classes. Okay, maybe Maurader can steamroll you (of course, skill involved = Bad maurader loses to Good Commando. Good Commando vs. Good Maurader... well something has to decide it!) but you'll have your own class you'll steam roll.

Back to the point about team play. If you're defending solo then you're not playing on a team, and if the strategy is send s good maurader to kill the solo defending commando... maybe your -team- needs to work better. Listing your accomplishments only strengthens the idea that you need a nerf, for If you could do it before and BW did not intend you to do so, or not against certian anti-classes, now it's fixed. How do I know we needed a nerf? Because I've held of 5-6 attackers for over 45 seconds until my -team- responded. That's absurd. /endpoint

^_^ And if I follow your statement of just avoiding these forums, how will Bioware know that not 100% of their community is crying/can't accept these upcoming nerfs. If it's the loudest that get served, O.o how am I suppose to get served if I shut up?

Ps. Telling someone to go back to their own forum (mine being merc/sniper/sin) is generally considered a weak counter argument and only weakens your stance, especially considering Merc is your imperial counterpart and is the exact same class dynamic. Maybe you could have said "You're not a gunnery/arsenal Merc..." but you'd be wrong again as I have played in that spec.

My earlier post comment on my own questioning of the maur/sent buff especially after seeing it in the PTS. That's not the main issue being discussed, which is the "ruining of the commando."

No Gunnery survivability = Tracer/Grav spam buffs defense, we have an energy shield (excuse my lack of commando term), we have a knock back (and a second single target one attached to stock strike.), we have heals (yes, you can use them even without points in them, just do that LoS thing and heal). We have an buff that lets you cast your next skill instantly (instant-heal? what?!). We have a stun, and a full length CC (another time for instant cast buff?)... So tell me again, we don't have survivability?

PvP to you may mean player vs. player, but to Bioware and a decent amount of pvp'ers, it's Team Pvp. Should no class be able to beat another 1 vs 1... that's absurd, and gunnery didn't get nerfed hard enough to make it impossible to beat other classes. Okay, maybe Maurader can steamroll you (of course, skill involved = Bad maurader loses to Good Commando. Good Commando vs. Good Maurader... well something has to decide it!) but you'll have your own class you'll steam roll.

Back to the point about team play. If you're defending solo then you're not playing on a team, and if the strategy is send s good maurader to kill the solo defending commando... maybe your -team- needs to work better. Listing your accomplishments only strengthens the idea that you need a nerf, for If you could do it before and BW did not intend you to do so, or not against certian anti-classes, now it's fixed. How do I know we needed a nerf? Because I've held of 5-6 attackers for over 45 seconds until my -team- responded. That's absurd. /endpoint

^_^ And if I follow your statement of just avoiding these forums, how will Bioware know that not 100% of their community is crying/can't accept these upcoming nerfs. If it's the loudest that get served, O.o how am I suppose to get served if I shut up?

Ps. Telling someone to go back to their own forum (mine being merc/sniper/sin) is generally considered a weak counter argument and only weakens your stance, especially considering Merc is your imperial counterpart and is the exact same class dynamic. Maybe you could have said "You're not a gunnery/arsenal Merc..." but you'd be wrong again as I have played in that spec.

Everything you said thats a defense/ survivability is countered minus the insta cast..

If your talk about the spam buff thats 10% defense thats needs to be built up spamming a 1.5 sec cast thats interupted..... nuff said with that. And thats getting nerfed

Knockback getting nerfed. too many gap closeres make it even useful in most situations, unless ur knocking ppl off the bridge in voidstar...

The one attatched to stokcstrike is actually pathetic you maybe knock them back 5 meters and 1 step forward and they are back in mele range. that doesnt give you any time to do anything yousefl. That should stun/knockdown for 2 sec, where your given time to cast something( grav round or a heal)

And the pathetic lines about how to use our skills as defense is absurd... LOS and heal, ya i got a Sorc force speed and ill be half way across the map, with a shield and then go heal..... Most abilities are cast and my alt shadow has like 5 interupts so i repeat again nuff said

This is the first MMO ive seen where a ranged class isnt ranged at all and melee can stay on them forever.

Alot of the situations you describe are dreams where we have a full set of CD's to youse to prolongue dying to every melee class in game

It wasnt a weak counter i kindly told you to leave everyone here alone.Your wasting your time here. keep spamming your opinion thats fine, but dont come on another classes forums and tell them they are QQ'ing go to your forum where your ppl are QQ and troll on them.

Commandos have a legitimate gripe here. a very defenseless class. Good offense ZERO defense/survivability/ utility compared with many other classes in game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.