Will SWTOR be able to compete with upcoming MMOs?

SaerethDL

SWTOR took a gigantic step backwards as far as mmos go. This is why it can't retain players.

I mean the game can't even do real mmo activities due to engine limitations. If this wasn't Star Wars, nobody would play it.

Feb 1st. 1.7 Million active accounts

March 1st. 1.7 Million active accounts

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tera(ble) would be perfect if it went F2P because I would expect less from it, its not worthy of a $15 subscription. Adding a thousand "Go kill 10 rats" quests to a grindfest, still makes it a grindfest...

GW2 isn't a game that is going to take away subs, since it doesn't have a fee other than the box purchase, its a great "filler between content patch's" game to play alongside a sub based game.

Oh the old "The legally binding statement is a lie" comeback.

So where are they? They certainly aren't playing! It takes 30 sec to see that.

You do realize you can only buy game cards in minimum 2 month subs right? This is the big reason for those numbers you see.

Good point. This explains my situation.

Edited by Gohlar

I've played 2 beta weekends already, it is absolutely my favorite MMO in that timeframe which isn't long I might add, but I've played maybe dozen's of mmo's out there. Im not here to promote the game.. the ones that want to check it out, go check it out.. I'm just wondering if either of these two mmo's become successful whats to happen to the swtor player-base that IMO has been rapidly declining.

From What i've seen , the playerbase is still the same..1.7 mill well... before the asia pacific servers opened.

You do realize you can only buy game cards in minimum 2 month subs right? This is the big reason for those numbers you see.

So 1.7 Million people buy game cards?

Or only fans of the game use a credit card?

You don't make much sense.

Neither does suggesting millions are playing a game with not many people playing it. US has been reduced to a few viable servers already. Not good.

Edited by Gohlar

Tera(ble) would be perfect if it went F2P because I would expect less from it, its not worthy of a $15 subscription. Adding a thousand "Go kill 10 rats" quests to a grindfest, still makes it a grindfest...

GW2 isn't a game that is going to take away subs, since it doesn't have a fee other than the box purchase, its a great "filler between content patch's" game to play alongside a sub based game.

Whats the difference from killing 10 rats or killing 10 rakguls, your denying the fact swtor has grind in it too, and every mmo out there has a grind. Yes SWTOR does have ALOT of grind, and the side quest are subpar at best.

This is the big reason for those numbers you see.

Yes just like it was all the 3 month subscribers before. Or the 1 month subscribers before that. :rolleyes:

Few people bother to actually buy game time cards, because there's so many other options out there that don't require that I spend more money per month for the inconvenience of getting a new card every 60 days.

I would not believe you, but the souse of the 1.7 is legally accurate else the SEC comes down and has people arrested.

There are many many ways to present information. Like how they included subs that, and I quote, "hadn't kicked in yet" when talking about active subscriptions.

Eat up that PR!

Numbers are numbers. I don't make them up. It's science.

So test your hypothesis. Go look at the server status.

Ouch. Oh well better luck next time!

Edited by Gohlar

1.7 million might not... but 700k might. Come on man i didnt say 0 people where playing the game.. but its not 1.7 million go log onto my server please.

Edited by Saereth_Darklighter

lets see I know 30 people that play this game, only one of the is playing on a game card ( and is going out today to buy another he tells me )

Most people have a credit card and are old enough to have jobs and don’t live in their moms basement

I don’t see an MMO on the horizon that has even a ghost of a chance

I didn´t have to do a lot of research to come up with Mortal Online, Archeage and The Secret World.

I say, if it wouldn´t be Star Wars combined with a tremendous marketing campaign, there wouldn´t be much buzz about it.

1.7 million might not... but 700k might. Come on man i didnt say 0 people where playing the game.. but its not 1.7 million go log onto my server please.

Actually, out of the 46 people on my guild vent right now, not 1 is using a game card. Maybe we are the exceptions?

lets see I know 30 people that play this game, only one of the is playing on a game card ( and is going out today to buy another he tells me )

Most people have a credit card and are old enough to have jobs and don’t live in their moms basement

And you have to consider the people that actually remember to even cancel their subscription without it rolling over.

Actually, out of the 46 people on my guild vent right now, not 1 is using a game card. Maybe we are the exceptions?

No idea but there isn't anywhere close to 1.7m playing when they are THIS far below capacity.

And yet, you are still posting on these forums. A 2 month game card would have ran out by now.

3 month card. Grasping at straws much? :)

To be honest I'm surprised I can still post. It should end anytime now.

Edited by Gohlar