The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shadow/Assassins - what can they not do?

Dee-Jay

These types of images prove nothing.

Right but just claiming stuff usually does? With your talk about you getting all the mvp and facrolling on your twinks you really made a great argument about why your Spec isnt Stupid OP.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right but just claiming stuff usually does? With your talk about you getting all the mvp and facrolling on your twinks you really made a great argument about why your Spec isnt Stupid OP.

Uh.. I am talking about facerolling Assassins on my Immortal Hybrid Jugg, Pyro Merc, Madness Hybrid Sorc, Concealment Op.. learn to read! Thanks! :)

I have one point of view on this game.. Every class is OP in the right hands. Only game I could ever truly say this about. There is no class that essentially sucks in pvp when geared and played right. :)

Edited by Aethyrprime

shadows are broken, if you are a fully geared shadow you single handedly win games

LOL! :rolleyes:

If you think this then you got some bad bad team mates.. Since a tank specc'd shadow/assassin has 8 hits before their defenses become ****.. which is like 3seconds vs 3 targets let alone more. :p

BTW.. this here link to the patch notes says Bioware agrees with the majority posting in this thread.. "Assassin's are fine and the most balanced class in game". Why? They are the only advanced class not being refunded skill points due to massive overhauling..

Source

Edited by Aethyrprime

A couple things, first would it be reachable as a tank spec? I doubt it. Secondly note the kill count.

The problem is not that sins/shadows do damage, it is that they do damage while being tanks and having a number of escape-death abilities including stealth and forcerun.

I have faith that this issue will be addressed, upperend pvp players see these problems before the general population catches on, if it is not addressed in 1.2 it will be in a patch after.

Its not a problem, its how they are designed. They are meant to do all of those things. Those "upper-end pvpers" you talk about, if you mean those that started the game in early access and have very well geared chars (battlemaster, war hero) then iam amongst those pvpers you describe and my personal opinion is that they are fine.

Its not a problem, its how they are designed. They are meant to do all of those things. Those "upper-end pvpers" you talk about, if you mean those that started the game in early access and have very well geared chars (battlemaster, war hero) then iam amongst those pvpers you describe and my personal opinion is that they are fine.

Honestly what it sounds like to me when I read his posts is he is upset that the Assassin managed to get away from his "rain of death from 30m" one too many times and didn't just fall over dead instantly like deception assassins. :p

Its the player behind that class that matters. Class alone does not equal = faceroll. Its also a team game, not "why can't i kill everyone 1v1?".

Almost every nerf/whine thread or calling for buffs thread I have ever read on this forum are ill informed nonsense, wild exagerrations, or trolling.

Those rational, logical threads about class balance are few and far between unfortunatley. Most people lack the knowledge about other classes since they dont play them, its fine to make claims about classes and qq a little but if you do make sure you do it with facts, figures, evidence and experience. It would still be an opinion based on limited knowledge though.

People just make up situations or exagerrate them or want the game to be balanced only around their class, or they want classes to not have certain abilities because they do not know how to counter them.

If the devs follow that line of thought all of the time then what are you left with?

A game where all of the classes are basically similar to each other, that are not unique that do not have strengths and weaknesses with a few buttons each. It would be boring, it would be dull/easy and your game would die.

There is simply no fix in the world a dev can make to stop people being terrible, that is down to the player and that is what many of the "nerf callers" find difficult to stomach, its not the game that is the problem, it is themselves.