This might be kind of a noobish question

Ilayas

check out torhead, but i cant anwser w/ ful knowlege

I have this is the page with all the sentinel abilities:

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/advclass/501/class/5/level/1-50

I see no difference made between what is force and what is mele. Going to the page for an ability does not shed any insight in this matter. The same is true for the Darth Hater Database.

http://db.darthhater.com/abilities/class_abilities/jedi_knight/sentinel/

Unless there is something I am missing, in which case I'd be really happy if some one could point it out to me.

Edited by Ilayas

If you read the tooltips, it'll tell you the differences in damage type, but they aren't exactly classified as "Force" and "Melee." Most of our stuff does weapon damage (Slash, ZS, Merc Slash). We only have a couple abilities that do "kinetic" damage (Force Sweep, Blade Storm), which is the same type of damage as a Consular's force attacks. If you're watchman speced, most of your DoTs will do Elemental damage, which is different than both of those. Is that what you were asking?

Another random way to tell is that any standard damage will basically result in white damage numbers, or as I refer to it as "white damage". Force attacks will show up as yellow numbers.

So for instance, on my level 16 Sentinel, doing Slash will yield roughly 240 white damage, but doing Blade Storm will yield around 260 yellow damage, which is force damage.

A Watchman Sentinel doesn't really use the Force, beyond Force Stasis. Force Sweep/Blade Storm/Force Stasis are our only abilities that fall into that category, and you shouldn't use Blade Storm other than rare circumstances when you have to hit something at range.

But is there a list of which abilities for the watchman are considered "force abilities" and which are considered mele?

I've been working under the impression that anything labled as "Kinetic" damage is a "Force" Power. The Focus Tree Skill Zephyr, lowers the CD on all "Force Abilities" in Shii-Cho Form, Force Sweep, Blade Storm, Force Kick, and Stasis are the only powers that seem to be affected, so looks like only Knight abilities, and no Sentinel/Watchman abilities that I can tell.

I've been working under the impression that anything labled as "Kinetic" damage is a "Force" Power. The Focus Tree Skill Zephyr, lowers the CD on all "Force Abilities" in Shii-Cho Form, Force Sweep, Blade Storm, Force Kick, and Stasis are the only powers that seem to be affected, so looks like only Knight abilities, and no Sentinel/Watchman abilities that I can tell.

Don't forget Exhaustion.