The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

LOL they closed the thread because players were moaning about why they still haven't told us why they are taking the servers offline several times at peak time this week.

1 time, I can understand.

2 times, that's a bit weird.

3 times ??? *** is going on ?!!

An explanation would be nice, yeah. And shutting down threads because they are asking Bioware legitimate questions is yet another prime example of the company's business ethos :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done trying to convince these kids that this really isn't a big deal...

TL;DR

he mad...

she mad...

they all mad.

Noooo! Some of us are just nosey!

I want to know what was big enough to cause them to do this right in the middle of EU prime.

No kid, they are doing a patch in the middle of a Thursday, normally patches come during schedules maintenance which happens to be the same time each week. This is off of the regular schedule - In the past BW has said that they would only do emergency patches if a particular bug was being exploited and needed to be stopped immediately. People are curious as to what bug was being exploited today to make them take down the servers and patch it - get it now?

But we all know, they aren't going to mention which exploit they are fixing, until after it is fixed. And then, they probably are not going to give out much detail.

lets be straight here... this is definately off-peak time for the servers. Not as off-peak as the weekly maintenance, but while it does stop some people playing (me, for example, in either timeframe) ANY shutdown will do the same thing.

A 2 hour shutdown is a VERY reasonable patch time, for any company. Period.

And all the whining about no details? Yes... lets try a fix for something that is likely a major exploit of some kind.. and tell everyone who HASN'T discovered it yet exactly what it is. Sometimes it's better to just say nothing, and fix it quietly. Heck, maybe almost NO ONE has seen it yet. Better they find it before some one starts whining about it en mass like with some of the pvp issues.

To those who keep saying "Do things that never inconvenience me or I will quit" ...seriously, did you ever hold your breath till your face turned blue as a kid? Either pay and play... or not. But every game has issues, especially in the first year. Or quit, and move along. Spouting off about it is just whining. Plain and simple.

No one likes a shutdown. People like to know everything. But this is life, and sometimes things are inconvenient. You are the same people whining about how bugs never get fixed. So **** and let them actually do their jobs and fix em.

And yeah... I'm sittin here wondering what I'm gonna do for the next 2 hours too, since my planned activity is bolloxed. Maybe... damn, I think I'll go outside. ....damn, thats bright out there...

Time and time again I can't simply log in the evening , in the little spare time I have between working and looking after my family, because of peak time server maintenance.

Thats what I'm expected to pay 14euros per month on top of 50euros I paid for the game already. I could only understand that If I was refunded a FULL day for this !

If Devs care only for their american customers then let them pay for the *********** thing cause I wont do it anymore ! Unsubbed !

I'm off to play something else while waiting for Guild Wars 2.

Edited by Sireene
lang

I'm an EU player and yeah it sucks it going down during peak time but really, go eat something, go do the dishes, play with your pets, stuff like that. This is a game not real life guys, it won't hurt you being off it for 2 hours.

All i'd like to complain about really is the lack of communication between us and the CS/Devs. I used to play City of Heroes and if they had to take a server down for an emergency hotfix like this they had someone on the forums within a couple of minutes letting people know etc. This IS a new game however so i think cutting the guys some slack would be in order, ranting about things won't fix them any quicker.

Try to be positive about this guys, who knows they might fix something that would fix a lot of our problems that we've been having.

Peace out.

Wonder what the Reaction would be from some of our, less than stable American friends (not saying there arnt Europeans who are particularly unstable at least entirely) but what would happen if this occurred during their peak time? would the reaction be "ohhh well Cest la Vie" or would it be a rabble I wonder?

Rav

You are a business and in my point of view is not only attracting customers, it is also know they hold. A greeting.

You said it right there, BW is a business. Businesses are supposed to make money so they continue to operate and provide the services for the consumers. Sadly, everything some consumers want isn't feasible for a business to implement and stay operational. Relax..

hope the patch is worth it, most likely theres primetime somewhere no matter

what the time is, unfortynally it ended on us EU players today. so hopefully

they fix an fatal issue wich the game would be unplayable without :>

damn family guy on tv gotta run...

You would think that a company that has never done MMO's would be better then the ones that have done them for years. If I remeber right SWG had the same problems right up untill the end.

Dear Bioware,

Please never shut the game down again while there are people logged in. Wait until the player count is zero before patching. Emergency patches don't really exist, you're just not willing to run patches outside of normal office hours.

:facepalm:

People need to relax. Sometimes you DO need to fix the damned thing RIGHT NOW. And if it is something gamebreaking or otherwise ev0l, you also DON'T want to spread the word further about what was happening to prevent giving people ideas the next time.

This isn't a democracy. This isn't a government. This isn't a utility. This isn't your life (or it shouldn't be). Go outside. Pet your dog/cat. Have lunch. Get a nap.

Yesterday servers go down when (EU primetime) today servers go down when u ask EU prime-time i pay good money to play this game and really like playing it but it seam clear that bioware dont care much about EU players as long as they dont upset the american players they will do as they please.

Maybe if 100,000 EU players canceled there sub they would notice they screwed up and screwed up big

So what went wrong? I know you guys are working hard on this game. I really really enjoy myself on it. And I also know that the devs want us to be happy so I'm sure this is some sort of emergency fix.

Please give us the courtesy of a real explanation and not just that you are patching something. We do not want to feel alienated from the devs, and by giving us just a tidbit more information I personally will be satisfied to understand why you are patching midday usa/evening prime time europe.

Thanks devs if you take the time to read this.