1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol guys maybe at june,they took cocaine and they get into coma xD,seriously you believe that we will se 1.2 before june because i am not,first they said april at guild summit they said not before may,lol and as a guild we rerolled to the only server that gets heavy and full,but for now,i believe that in the next month the only english server will be low as everyone,and come to think about it,is it the bioware that is gonna release the new mmo warhammer????Omg maybe thats why they are delaying the patch :p for me i give two months after that bb to the game :( and i love it so much but when i dont see ane support from the creators then its hopoless :( :(

Well i know bioware dosnt care but as for myself ,My sub runs out april 21 if its out beofr then i will stay. If not im gone and i wont resub i feel (and its only my oppinon) That i have given it enough time for these things to be released. If they are great if not i wish everyone the best of luck.

Odd, I think SOMEbody might have noticed that they were directing people to the garbage "April 3rd maintenance = 1.2?" thread, and started pointing people here to this. . .

Equally garbage thread.

Look, I'm all about releasing things when they're done, but if you hyped something for a March release, at least SAY something about it when you decide it's not going to release in March! They blew a fairly large hype effort on this thing for three weeks and wasted every single minute they spent on it, because they won't even give us another FAKE release date like they did for March!

Are they really so terrified of saying a single word about what's going on? Even a sticky that says: "Hey, folks, unexpected issues cropped up with [insert massive problem causing delay here] and we're working hard to get this thing ready! More info to come!"

Instead, we get absolutely nothing. This fits well with their policy of closing the forums every time they do something that MIGHT be a little unpopular, and it speaks of a mindset that seems convinced that simply not talking about community frustrations is the best way to build a healthy MMO.

This is . . . insane, and makes me wonder if perhaps this game is truly designed as a quick slash and burn to eat as much money as possible and die within the year. Hearing the devs talk about support for "years to come" always feel super awkward, because nothing about this game has longevity written on it. Completely ignoring any question you can't answer with a canned PR line only strengthens the impression that this game is a facade, a shell designed to entrap people with no concern for maintaining a customer base.

Not addressing people's concerns doesn't make them forget their concerns, it makes them forget about trying to address them and move on to a different game.

tl;dr:

..bump =)

So now we are harping on them for having a "release it when it's done" mentality wth this massive update?

When Valve or Blizzard do this with their games, it's lauded as a commitment to excellence. And they often have even less to communicate to the users, regarding when things will be coming out.

They aren't going to put a date on it until they are sure that everything is balanced to their satisfaction, and working properly. Considering the amount of complaining about changes in the PTS forum, I'm unsurprised that it hasn't been given a date yet.

Odd, I think SOMEbody might have noticed that they were directing people to the garbage "April 3rd maintenance = 1.2?" thread, and started pointing people here to this. . .

Equally garbage thread.

Look, I'm all about releasing things when they're done, but if you hyped something for a March release, at least SAY something about it when you decide it's not going to release in March! They blew a fairly large hype effort on this thing for three weeks and wasted every single minute they spent on it, because they won't even give us another FAKE release date like they did for March!

Are they really so terrified of saying a single word about what's going on? Even a sticky that says: "Hey, folks, unexpected issues cropped up with [insert massive problem causing delay here] and we're working hard to get this thing ready! More info to come!"

Instead, we get absolutely nothing. This fits well with their policy of closing the forums every time they do something that MIGHT be a little unpopular, and it speaks of a mindset that seems convinced that simply not talking about community frustrations is the best way to build a healthy MMO.

This is . . . insane, and makes me wonder if perhaps this game is truly designed as a quick slash and burn to eat as much money as possible and die within the year. Hearing the devs talk about support for "years to come" always feel super awkward, because nothing about this game has longevity written on it. Completely ignoring any question you can't answer with a canned PR line only strengthens the impression that this game is a facade, a shell designed to entrap people with no concern for maintaining a customer base.

Not addressing people's concerns doesn't make them forget their concerns, it makes them forget about trying to address them and move on to a different game.

tl;dr:

..bump =)

right on

So now we are harping on them for having a "release it when it's done" mentality wth this massive update?

When Valve or Blizzard do this with their games, it's lauded as a commitment to excellence. And they often have even less to communicate to the users, regarding when things will be coming out.

They aren't going to put a date on it until they are sure that everything is balanced to their satisfaction, and working properly. Considering the amount of complaining about changes in the PTS forum, I'm unsurprised that it hasn't been given a date yet.

There is no 1.2 apparently.....since they wont commit......

commitment to a date means they will try hard...but they arent apparently....

lack of funds due to unsubs?

They wont answer anyone other than look at this idea....look at that idea...watch the lil birdy

with an alledged 1.7 million subscribers paying 15 in addition to the original game price, thats quite alot of budget to work with. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for significant developments to be made with that kind of money running around.

Stop-crying-you-little-babeez. You are entitled to nothing, read TOS. and shut the F up already.

Its not crying if its a valid request. Wich asking a company that is being paid to provide a service when that service will be provided is very much valid.

There is no 1.2 apparently.....since they wont commit......

commitment to a date means they will try hard...but they arent apparently....

lack of funds due to unsubs?

They wont answer anyone other than look at this idea....look at that idea...watch the lil birdy

Lack of funds? The update is already live on the Public Test Server, dude. It's impossible to put a definitive date on squashing bugs and imbalances revealed in testing, which is why they've refused to put more than a vague release window on it.

And this is the way most good game companies approach release dates - put it out when it's done, and done to your satisfaction. Don't just push it out an an arbitrary date.

Your post is one of the sillier theories I've heard.

Its not crying if its a valid request. Wich asking a company that is being paid to provide a service when that service will be provided is very much valid.

You are being provided the service right now - go log on to your server. You aren't paying for concrete knowledge of release dates for their patches and updates.

Given the two-week 1.2 Q&A and some problems left to be hashed out on PTS, I'm still betting on the week of the 23rd.

At the earliest. I wouldn't be shocked if it got pushed to early May, but with all of the teaser videos being sent out to websites of the last few weeks, my guess is they want to get it out ASAP to capitalize on any renewed interest from them.

But considering new balance tweaks to the classes were being added to the PTS 1.2 patch notes as of a few days ago - it might take a little while yet.

Frankly I don't care when it drops, but I want more than a couple days notice.

I agree. All I want is BW to say it will be around 2 - 3 weeks or whatever it will be. A simple "We are aiming for release around blah blah blah" would be nice. Why is it so hard to at least give any indication?

We're not asking for them to list every single update and the exact release date!

I agree. All I want is BW to say it will be around 2 - 3 weeks or whatever it will be. A simple "We are aiming for release around blah blah blah" would be nice. Why is it so hard to at least give any indication?

We're not asking for them to list every single update and the exact release date!

Chances are, if they don't actually give a date, it means they don't have it working to the point that it wouldn't recieve a lot of negative feed back on live. I could be wrong because that is exactly what happened with the flash cool down hotbar "fix".

EDITED:

Just remember, you are paying to play a beta still. More or no changes to come.

Edited by Krumple

given there is no offical date for patch 1.2 id say this could be mid april or even pushed back to may.

whilst i appreciate this is an extensive update, therefore much to test, it would be great if they released the customizable ui a bit earlier if there is to be a delay. proper proper fed up with fixed bars and have been since launch day.

4 months for a major update is too long.

It should be 3 months for less for each major update.

Put out less items or features but make updates more frequent.

Dont be like blizz and put out updates only every 6 or more months and wonder why people leave.