Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vehicles on the fleet: out of hand!

RamathRS

This is getting ridiculous! BioWare needs to ban large vehicles on the fleet. They are WAY too big for such a crowded area.

As more and more people get their hands on one, they seem feel the desire to show it off by sitting AFK right in the middle of the heavies traffic. It is extremely rude.

It is getting harder and harder to target the mailbox, the locker, the GTN with all of these attention-deprived logging the screen!

I understand that a faster travel is nice to have on the fleet, but the use of these huge vehicles is flat out obnoxious.

I never understood the need to display one's "shinies" like that but I do accept that it is important for many.

Not sure how to achieve a happy medium here...maybe restrict per size of vehicle? Or by locations of interactable (that's not a word...well, is now) objects. IOW, if you are in a BehemothMobile and want to use the mailbox or GTN, off you get whilst using those objects.

Not that big a deal to me although it can be hilarious to "spawn" on, say, Carrick and be INSIDE somone's GiganticStatusMobile. Heh.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather that when you "mount up" it works as normal, except instead of seeing the mount your run speed is just increased to 110%

Tired of looking at people riding around in their dorky flying SUVs.

SUVs? These things are the size of freakin' tanks! :p

I like this for those who simply HAVE to rush through to next thing.

It is getting a bit crazy.

agreed.. I know.. lets just get rid of speeders altogether and have "insta-port" anywhere on the map you click.. We can pretend Star Wars developed Star Trek technology.. lol "Scotty, beam me to Vendor please"

Nah I have a couple of the big ones. I ride around in the Dark V speeder though just because it's a simple neat looking speeder.

Screen shot ... or it never happened!

http://regret-gaming.net/ is now selling EV Nightmare mode speed run title with "SUV" mount on Basilisk Droid PvP-EU server. Drop by http://regret-gaming.net/ to make an appointment!

Regret - supporting big mounts for everyone!

Edited by Ardah

Fleet-wide ban :

Landspeeders

All combat abilities including AOE effects/sounds

Kids who nonstop jumping around vendors/terminals

If i am paying for game, so i can jump around vendor terminal, then who are you to stop me!

If someone dont like people jumping around, them maybe a non-jumping mmo would be better ... good luck with that!

Trust me, you dont want to have to run around the fleet .. Its must another time sink... Would be the dumbest idea ever to ban vehicles ...

The OP only wanted the large speeders banned, not the normal-sized ones. Since the large speeders are not faster, only vastly, vastly larger, your point is moot. :)

agreed.. I know.. lets just get rid of speeders altogether and have "insta-port" anywhere on the map you click.. We can pretend Star Wars developed Star Trek technology.. lol "Scotty, beam me to Vendor please"

Y'know what I would like? (dons flameproof suit)...

The ability to bind one's self to ONE place in the whole Universe. I don't mean to do away with all the bind points or taxis etc. But to be able to choose one spot to port to that is of your own choice.

Not a game-killer to not have it but I wouldn't mind it. :)

Fleet-wide ban :

Landspeeders

All combat abilities including AOE effects/sounds

Kids who nonstop jumping around vendors/terminals

Speeders; If you're too lazy to "run" around inside a virtual structure, I'd hate to see how obese you are in real life...

Kids; I'd be all good with a 25+ server, if they could pull that off.

If i am paying for game, so i can jump around vendor terminal, then who are you to stop me!

If someone dont like people jumping around, them maybe a non-jumping mmo would be better ... good luck with that!

I have a question. It's a serious question, one of genuine interest.

Why? I never understood the need to run in circles and jump. Doesn't bother me when others do it but I never could figure out why people did it?

Thanks!

Y'know what I would like? (dons flameproof suit)...

The ability to bind one's self to ONE place in the whole Universe. I don't mean to do away with all the bind points or taxis etc. But to be able to choose one spot to port to that is of your own choice.

Not a game-killer to not have it but I wouldn't mind it. :)

I loved that ability on my EQ druid.. lol It made it very handy when farming Giants.. lol

I have a question. It's a serious question, one of genuine interest.

Why? I never understood the need to run in circles and jump. Doesn't bother me when others do it but I never could figure out why people did it?

Thanks!

I dont have a clue why they do it.. looks really strange. On the other hand, they are paying for this game, and if they want to run around like that - well its their monthly sub, they can do more or less what they want with it (within the game rules set by bw)

Also banning mounts, just because they are big, well that is racist. either you ban them all or you ban non.

Edited by Ardah

ban speeders and larger from fleet

Allow those segway type things.

banning mounts, just because they are big, well that is racist. either you ban them all or you ban non.

The best solution would be to ban them all and make some inter fleet transportation system. Subway of some sort.

Edited by Ardah

I loved that ability on my EQ druid.. lol It made it very handy when farming Giants.. lol

Yup. Same here. And we don't all want to bind to same place...some would probably choose their ship, others crew skill vendors, others OPs locations etc.

I do, sometimes, get cranky 'bout the amount of loading screens.

banning mounts, just because they are big, well that is racist. either you ban them all or you ban non.

The best solution would be to ban them all and make some inter fleet transportation system. Subway of some sort.

It's not "racist". :)

It might be "size-ist" but it has nothing to do with race.

There are easier solutions, it could be made that if you click anything (GTN, postbox, quest giver anything) on fleet while mounted it's an auto dismount (and you are blocked from remounting until you close all windows) and auto dismounted when your character goes into the auto AFK status.

That way you can mount up and move, but when you don't need to move you can't stay mounted. It would stop all the vehicles just hanging around.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Lazzer

There are easier solutions, it could be made that if you click anything (GTN, postbox, quest giver anything) on fleet while mounted it's an auto dismount (and you are blocked from remounting until you close all windows) and auto dismounted when your character goes into the auto AFK status.

That way you can mount up and move, but when you don't need to move you can't stay mounted. It would stop all the vehicles just hanging around.

Edit: grammar.

I think this is a grand idea.

Got my vote!

If I am not mistaken.. All of the large sized mounts are currently discounted, but slated to be removed from the game when 1.2 is released.. So the people that manage to get one before 1.2 is live will be all that will have them..

It is extremely hard to ban specific mounts.. So it would be a ban on all..

I would prefer them not ban the mounts in the fleet station.. :)

Instead of banning, how about a toggle to see other people's speeder? There is never a reason for me to see what you are riding. I just don't care what you drive.

So, 3 pages later, no one responded to this. Doesthat mean no one wants a toggle?

Didn't see it, but if it was a server-wide toggle I'd be against it. Speeders in most areas work, just not on the fleet.

A toggle. Meaning turn on and off at will. I have yet to have a need to see the speeder someone is on.

Edit: you would still see your own of coure.

Edited by Roccobb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.