Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key for ANDROID

Spinxster

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe customer service can help. At least I hope so because I set up the fob in my CE box and now want the android app because it's more useful to me...

If you already have the physical key on, you cannot add a mobile key. You'll have to have BioWare remove the physical one by calling Customer Service.

-HM

If I have to completely wipe my phone, will I be able to just download the security key for the new phone and have it work?

I don't believe this is the case only because I had to register a serial number and 20digit code with this key and there is no option to "Un-link" the security key from accounts, i.e. if i need to wipe my phone i'm screwed.

Can we get a dev or mod post about this?

If I have to completely wipe my phone, will I be able to just download the security key for the new phone and have it work?

I don't believe this is the case only because I had to register a serial number and 20digit code with this key and there is no option to "Un-link" the security key from accounts, i.e. if i need to wipe my phone i'm screwed.

Can we get a dev or mod post about this?

You have to have customer service remove the key. Unlike Blizzard's or Google's, there is no way to remove it ourselves.

You'll also probably have to contact them to add it back. I get errors when I try to add it back, and was told I have to call to get it fixed.

-HM

You have to have customer service remove the key. Unlike Blizzard's or Google's, there is no way to remove it ourselves.

You'll also probably have to contact them to add it back. I get errors when I try to add it back, and was told I have to call to get it fixed.

-HM

Thanks, I figured that would be the case. It would be nice if there was a way for them to allow us to do it without calling them though.

Also, anyone else find the irony that Swtor, which has absolutely no support for the MAC, put out its mobile authenticator program on the iPhone before anything else?

:):wea_02:

Nope since they have no support for Linux either and Android is heavily Linux based, with your logic it should only be available on Windows Phone 7, and guess what no planned support for that platform despite the game being very Windows oriented.

WP7 Security key +1

Also, whether a company develops an app on a certain platform has little to do with the difficulty. Otherwise WP7 would have the first apps...

On the scale of technical complexity, I would order them as:

C# (wp7) < Java (Android,Blackberry) < Objective C (IOs)

(Of course, I'm a .net developer :) )

As some already have pointed out:the specific hardware of the phone is of little importance for an app like a mobile security key .

• 1 month later...