New Player Mentorship Thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server: Dalborra

Char: Esgengon (Jedi Sage)

Will be updating my sig with any alts that I create.

I have a rather random playing time but I'm willing to help, so long as it's not PvP (never tried it).

Noticed that there was nobody willing to help new Aussies wanting PvE...

Hello all new players :)

I have played MMOs for a long time now but I guess when its all `new and shiny` it can be a bit daunting to begin with. The game is really cool but is definitely made better if you can connect with people and have someone to explain things. Even as a grizzled old veteran I am still finding out things that were not immeditely obvious to me. Also I guess it can be a bit daunting communicating with people when you are not really sure of the reception you might get.

The guild I belong to is called Pulse l'cie and we make a specific effort to mentor new players and guide them through all aspects of the game.

The website is : http://www.wix.com/john_rhys32/swtorpulselcie

Please feel free to have a look regardless of whether you would like to join us. There are lots of helpful links explaining most aspects of the game along with a Guild Forum. If you have any questions about the game or would like to join us then by all means register on our Forums.

The most important thing to remember above all is HAVE FUN. Above all else this is just a game and if you don't `get` it straight away then beleive me we have ALL been there.

Also don't be afraid to ask questions in General Chat. I`m sure that someone will be able to help you out. Yes there will be people who may LOL at you. Guess what though? They are idiots and have obviously forgotten that once upon a time they were in precisely the same situation as you find yourself.

I wish you all lots of fun, cool adventures and lots of nice shiny loot for you characters.;)

Psiax, Ana-matronix - Republic

Psylar, Psyclaspe - Imperial

Server: Corellians Run

Faction: Republic

Name: Ghrunn

Class: Vanguard

Guild: Order of Methedras

Times to catch me: 8pm to 11pm all week. Wed 5am to 9am. Thu 5am to 2pm. Sat 2pm to 5pm and finally Sun 2pm to 8pm.

Hope you enjoy the game its a blast!

Server: The Progenitor (RP-PvE)

Characters:

• Sullax (main character and very active) :sy_empire:
  • Ghazkull (active and leveling) :sy_empire:
  • Chayms'bawnt (unfrequent at the moment) :sy_empire:
  • Khadyrn (very unfrequent to inactive) :sy_republic:

I love my server and its community. It's only natural I want to keep improving it and introduce new players to my hood. =)

Edited by Sullax

Server: Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Legacy Name: Skygardia

Characters:

- Kenli-Shun (main) Lvl 30 (Human) - Jedi Shadow

- A Jedi Sentinel Lvl 11 - Nende

- A Republic Vanguard Lvl 13 (Cyborg)

- A Sith Juggernaut Lvl 11 (Sith Pureblood) - Shido Ka

Though the lower levels I play less frequent right now

Different Server: The Ravager:

- Sith Juggernaut Lvl 16 - Kuivoss (Sith Pureblood)

Guild: The Infinite Empire

I only play these when I can't get in Tomb of Freedom Nadd. I'll update with the names, but am usually playing with my Lvl 30 one.

Feel free to whisper, in game mail me everything.

Edited by SebastiaanZ
Updated the roster of my characters

I play on The Ebon Hawk my characters are Krawn (50 imperial) Drakoul (50 republic) Slawn (pub alt) Shallasia (pub alt), I have been playing retail since the first email wave of headstart have 2 level 50's and legacy 23. I love helping people and have been known to log one of my 50's help new players thru heroic quests and just hand them 50k creds after.

New players looking for a guild that does alittle of everything come joing the Force Defenders on the Sith Mediation Sphere. We are a social guild which run all raid n flashes and are focused on gettting out members geared! Send a message to me or in game to Danny on the Sith Mediation Sphere and I will get u membership and training help.

May the Force be with you,

Recruiting and Training Officer Danny

Graemor- Jedi Guardian Republic Side

Server- The Fatman

Time Zone- EST

Guild- Clibanarii

Feel free to come on over, I have played MMO's for quite some time now, and am familiar with the game and most classes in it. I'd be glad to help any knew players get a strong footing int he game and mentor them through the levels and higher up content challenges.

Ajjaxx

Juyo server

alts: Persseus, Actaeon

Guild: Templars of the Republic

Empire alts (also on Juyo): Herakles, Diiomedes

Would be happy to help out anyone who wants some advice or is looking for a friend on Juyo. May the Force be with you!

Edited by Acctaeon