The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Vanguard is pretty OP

Bubbaness

We had somebody on the PT forums talk about an 8K+ shot himself he had no idea how he did it. He was a Shield Hybrid.

Wondering if there is some calculation bug with the tree that occurs since the only times (twice now) I've seen an 8k+ was with a good portion of points in shield.

PS: Take that tank sins and shadows! our tank tree does good burst too!

Edited by exphryl

It would be even more impressive if the enemy team showed a single death.

Lol, true!

8k hits = worthless if you can't even kill them after that. That is like the US losing to Japan after dropping the nukes, it just shouldn't happen.

Lol, true!

8k hits = worthless if you can't even kill them after that. That is like the US losing to Japan after dropping the nukes, it just shouldn't happen.

Good point, although I'm not sure the enemy actually took that much damage, who knows. Iirc I wasn't even in melee range. But yeah, the team wasn't good. No focus fire.

I can tell you what happened. What'll happen is that if the client gets multiple damage sources too close together, it bundles them together on occasion into a single "hit".

If you ended up combining fire on a target (or having multiple hits from your abilities going off at the same time, like HIB + Sticky Grenade) it can show up as one big "hit" on the target at the end.

Think it's a latency issue with how the game reports a target takes damage.

I have no idea, the game crapped itself I guess. I'm Shield specced, so I only occasionally do 2.5k. Just thought it was pretty funny.

It's a known bug, that "cluster" several damage numbers together (that hits close to eachother) into one hit. This could have been 3-4 hits.