Nvidia 296.10 Drivers

Coverley

Still running the 285.62 driver and have no problems, haven't updated as the newer ones have made no mention of TOR and i don't currently have Skyrim installed.

Do the notes with the driver mention ToR in them?

No and neither do any of the others.

Edited by Kabaal

nVidia has been having a huge growing problem over the past few years... well really since Vista came out. The TDR issue with newer Windows OS just doesn't seem to get fixed. I actually bought an AMD card after much dismay with trying to get my not even 1 year old nvidia GPU to work without issue.

I hope everyone is making sure to uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new one. Otherwise you WILL crash.

Too bad nvidia forces you away from doing that with their architecture. If you manually remove their drivers you are forced to reboot your system three times just to uninstall each package, then go run a driver cleaner in safe mode, then reinstall.

For whatever reason in their wisdom they decided to build the rapid uninstall feature into the driver package as a checkbox option that wipes the old driver first, and immediately installs the new one, preventing you from using a driver cleaner.

I find it extremely frustrating.

Edited by savagepotato