Get Rid Of Heroics

hunterpryde

im totalycool with flashpoints and pvp..... but do we NEED HEROIC mishions....?

i find/feel... that they can slow my game time down as im FORCED to find help to do them. that or i feel forced to iggy the mish till im like 4 lvls higer then the heroic mish's lvl come back and do alone if i cant find sumone to do it with..... anyone else finding the same?

If you're playing the game solo (which I assume you are since your objection to heroics is that it sucks to find people) then just skip them. If you do all the quests on a planet, all your class quests, the bonus series, some space combat here and there, and a few rounds of PvP as you level you'll end up 50 well before the end of Corellia. And all that stuff is more then soloable. I've done it on a few characters now.

That way Heroics are still there for the people that want to group up and do them. You're in no way forced to complete Heroics.

i find/feel... that they can slow my game time down as im FORCED to find help to do them.

You're not forced to do them, so you don't *need* to find help to do them. If no one's available, then abandon them and move on or do them later.

Edited by flyersfan

I usually skip the heroics since I choose to quest solo most of the time.

But oddly enough the times I have run them I find myself grouped with much higher level characters who just let me tag along.

At the time I wondered why people were even doing them after theyve leveled so far beyond them.

Then when my first toon got to a high level I realized why.

They're an easy way to get commendations for orange gear to equip on your companions.

So whether or not I actually do them when leveling up a character I'm glad theyre there to go back and grab some gear for my companions.

Question for the OP: Do you try the heroic solo or do you assume you need the recommended group to do them?

Some Heroic+2 I can not solo when they throw a Champion npc in them, most of the Heroic+4 I can not solo. However the other night I tried a Heroic+4 solo and was able to find a few groups of NPCs that I could manage and was able to complete it solo.

Otherwise if I ignore them and save them until last, usually other people speak up lfg to do them.

Also I do pvp and space frequently so I already over level the planet and really have no need to do them. I usually do them when others are LFG to meet new people and make new friends.

Question for the OP: Do you try the heroic solo or do you assume you need the recommended group to do them?

Some Heroic+2 I can not solo when they throw a Champion npc in them, most of the Heroic+4 I can not solo. However the other night I tried a Heroic+4 solo and was able to find a few groups of NPCs that I could manage and was able to complete it solo.

Otherwise if I ignore them and save them until last, usually other people speak up lfg to do them.

Also I do pvp and space frequently so I already over level the planet and really have no need to do them. I usually do them when others are LFG to meet new people and make new friends.

i try and do everything in this game.

heroics i try to do with people but sumtimes its hard to find anyone cause of to many servers i guess people are spreadout n not everyone does em

Now that I'm level 50 and look back at my leveling experience, I can say that [HEROIC 4] missions are my favorite part of the game so far. It's how I've met a large part of the 40-50 people on my friend list. Do NOT remove them. It was pretty crappy when WoW did away with their group quests and made them all soloable. I play on Nathema (PvE) East, which I think is the 4th lowest populated server, and I have been able to find at least one person to do heroics with for most of them. Edited by Qonor

If you're playing the game solo (which I assume you are since your objection to heroics is that it sucks to find people) then just skip them. If you do all the quests on a planet, all your class quests, the bonus series, some space combat here and there, and a few rounds of PvP as you level you'll end up 50 well before the end of Corellia. And all that stuff is more then soloable. I've done it on a few characters now.

That way Heroics are still there for the people that want to group up and do them. You're in no way forced to complete Heroics.

Actually you dont even have to do that much to hit 50 by ilum. I skipped most of tatoine and just did the class quests. Was 50 by the end or corellia. Heroics are optional and if anything they let you overlevel the next planet.

I love the Heroics and could want to see even more of them. But yeah, finding a group can be a problem sometimes. I think that's the real issue here, not the Heroics themselves.

I agree with this. We just need a better LFG tool or group-forming tool, but BioWare already mentioned that they're working on it.

Heroic leveling content was a terrible idea and i agree it should be made normal. having a named here and there that you have to group for is something, having entire areas all over the place that require groups while leveling are a waste of content as only a small part of the pop is going to bother with them.

Sure they are optional, but they're a HUGE waste of content the way they are now.

Heroic leveling content was a terrible idea and i agree it should be made normal. having a named here and there that you have to group for is something, having entire areas all over the place that require groups while leveling are a waste of content as only a small part of the pop is going to bother with them.

Sure they are optional, but they're a HUGE waste of content the way they are now.

They are like bonus missions, it is a reasonable form of grind that is optional that keeps people playing. They're not a waste of content because some people do them.

And there aren't that many of them. I have played up to Tatooine, and there are only like 1-2 heroic missions per zone, compared to normal missions.

You are also not required to do heroic missions to "complete" the planet. The requirement to finish the bonus series in order to bring closure to the planet is a normal mission. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Heroic missions to normal missions are like normal dungeons to heroic dungeons. They are like epic version of missions that require a group, and give better rewards. I was ahead of myself in nar shaddaa and did the bonus series heroic missions before I was ready, but I eventually finished them and got epic mods as rewards. So heroic missions add variety. Never a waste of space. Harder content = better rewards.

You dont have to do heroics to level up, you can skip them.

I was the second level 50 player on my entire server. Through 99% of my levelling process, I was the only person from my entire faction on whichever planet I was questing on - if I couldnt solo heroics, I skipped them, simple as that.

Many ppl are say you dont need to do heroics and you can just skip them. and thats part of my point i want to make here. im starting to get a lot of feed back on this... thanks for that.

if heroics are optional, and do nothing to move the game forward why have them.

some have also stated... im not forced to do them. true no one has a gun to my head, but i like to do everything in a game. ifheroics are a part of this game... then make it so i can do them without a group if i cant find ppl to group with is all im saying.

Heroics and all other quests other than class quest are all optional. So you can skip them.

That said, I think all the heroic 4s need to be retuned to heroics 2+. At most each planet should have only 1 heroic 4 quest.

ok everyone has stated this point already..... yes we can skip them

BUT... im wondering why bother having them in the game if we can skip them

ok everyone has stated this point already..... yes we can skip them

BUT... im wondering why bother having them in the game if we can skip them

Why bother having any quests in the game after level 10, or at least after you get your ship. You can get to 50 just doing warzones and, to a lesser extent, ship battles.

If you don't like content, don't do it, simple as that, but others DO like it, so don't take it away from them. The idea is to have different kinds of content for different playstyles, so more people are happy. I mean, I could say "I don't like open-world PvP, you should get rid of Ilum". I don't think that would go over well though.

I personally tend to hold on to heroics I can't get groups for and go back and solo them later. Many of them provide an orange as a reward. Even if they don't, they give a lot of commendations, as others have said, not just to buy oranges, but with which you can buy purple gear boxes with BoE gear inside that you can sell or equip to other toons.

Edited by JakkFrost

if heroics are optional, and do nothing to move the game forward why have them.

Why have flashpoints? Why have raids? Why have space combat? Why have PvP? We have all of that because people enjoy it. I don't think most people enjoy all of it, but that's not the point. I don't do PvP or raids, but why should it bother me that other people enjoy them? This is a huge game with a lot of players. There's nothing wrong with letting people enjoy whatever they want. If you don't like a part of the game, skip it and let other people enjoy it instead.

some have also stated... im not forced to do them. true no one has a gun to my head, but i like to do everything in a game. ifheroics are a part of this game... then make it so i can do them without a group if i cant find ppl to group with is all im saying.

If this was a single-player game, I could understand how you want to do everything. But this isn't a single-player game. This is a MMORPG. It might in theory be possible to do everything in the game, but I wouldn't count on it. Wouldn't that mean doing every quest with all 16 advance classes? What about all the space combat? What about all raids? And crafting? Even romances with your companions? Not to mention they will give us new content all the time, starting with the 1.2 update with new raids and that stuff.

The point is you shouldn't try to do everything in the game. You should stick to what you think is fun. I don't enjoy raids, so I don't do them. I don't enjoy space combat, so i don't do that. But I do enjoy Heroics and Flashpoints, so I do those quite frequently. Why should I have to suffer because you don't enjoy Heroics?

And as I said earlier, I think the real issue isn't the group content, but finding a group in the first place, and they are working on that stuff.

Edited by RepublicChicken

The heroics are my favorite part of the game so far, as I've stated already in an earlier post. And others have explained why different type of content in an MMO is important, and how normally people won't do all types of content. For example, I do not like PvP or making many alts, so that's probably something I won't take part in right away. Am I saying i will never PvP or will never make an alt? No, that is not what I am saying. Those are just the lowest items on my list of fun, and I'd rather be doing other things if the option is presented to me.

How is it that you (the OP) can't fathom that people like heroics?