Founder Compensation

TSP_Ghost

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, automobile is also vehicle. Is swtor a vehicle? If not, why are you posting it here?

go back and slowly read the post i quoted when i linked lemon laws.

carefully read the second line.

go over it a couple more times until it sinks in.

then come back and apologize.

I have no reason to apologize, I'm not the one insulting one's reading comprehension. The example of a car dealership was used as a metaphor. And I will expand on it here. The lemon law allows a car to be returned if it's qulity or performance does not match that was advertised. So even if, there was a "lemon law" for video games, SWTOR would not fall into this category since the game was sold as advertised in all released advertisments as well as the EULA.

I don't want to come off as unsatisfied or greedy, but can we accept the fact that pre-1.2 (and most likely 1.2) SWTOR is an unfinished game. That being said, I think most of the community has been quite patient with BioWare when it comes to weekly updates and server downtime, but there will be people that agree with me on this.

I am 4 months strong into SWTOR. I have a lvl 50 and a few lower level alts, but with the current version of the game, there isn't anything really keeping me interested. It seems like End Game right now is a whole bunch of grinding, be it for creds or gear. Sure you can start an alt, but as of right now it seems pretty pointless because of the huge lack of end game.

My point is, I'm paying $15 a month for this game, as well are all of you. I don't mind it either. In the game's current state, there is barely an end game, thus barely anything to work towards (except millions of creds, i guess). But in a few months, people are going to buy this game for less than us Founders did, and they are going to get more bang for their buck because they didn't have to wait months for 1.2 just to get a better game with more features. (i.e. Legacy Levels came with the game at launch, but we still are waiting for Legacy's actual implementation.)

Also, future players won't run into the frustrations we have had with bugs and patches. I can almost safely say that way more than half of you have sent in a bug ticket. And even more players quietly sit behind their buggy game.

BioWare, you have to look on us Founders and agree that we were the bulk that gave life to this game. We are also helping develop it. A " , Founder " title really isn't worth 4 months of what feels like Beta Testing. Especially since we're sitting and wait for Ilum to be redone too. For level 50 characters, you're stripping the End Game planet bare until further notice.

What would satisfy me? Founder content maybe? A Founder vendor with maybe a few exclusive pets, crystals, modifiable gear, who knows. We have special vendors for pre-orders and security keys, why not one last special vendor for the Founders who have been more than patient with BioWare while they try to make a industry changing MMO?

Any Thoughts?

You came off as greedy. Go away.

Having trouble letting go then, I assume? ;)

ROFLMAO!

I would not waste one moment of my time posting on the boards of a game I am not playing and not interested in.

Point, Set and Match

Touché

I have no reason to apologize, I'm not the one insulting one's reading comprehension. The example of a car dealership was used as a metaphor. And I will expand on it here. The lemon law allows a car to be returned if it's qulity or performance does not match that was advertised. So even if, there was a "lemon law" for video games, SWTOR would not fall into this category since the game was sold as advertised in all released advertisments as well as the EULA.

i in no way was referencing that lemon laws should be used on video games.

i was simply pointing out that the metaphor about a vehicle was extremely poor.

if you buy a lemon, you can infact get compensation for it.

you are just mad you made yourself look dumb on the forums.

thats your own fault.

Actually as they are comparing returning a car to a dealership to an "broken SWTOR". and you are linking the lemon laws, you should know that the lemon laws apply to a warranty. As there is no warranty with a game the comparison fails right there.

I do get where you were trying to go with that link and what you were trying to convey.

Never link wiki.

The car that was mentioned was not said to be defective in anyway. You most likely posted that to compare SWTOR to a "Lemon". You can continue to insult me, and I will continue to prove you wrong without resorting to personal insults.

Actually as they are comparing returning a car to a dealership to an "broken SWTOR". and you are linking the lemon laws, you should know that the lemon laws apply to a warranty. As there is no warranty with a game the comparison fails right there.

I do get where you were trying to go with that link and what you were trying to convey.

Never link wiki.

actually lemon laws very state by state so trying to say what they affect or apply to is being less than truthful about the matter.

apparently common sense is in short supply around these parts.

Oh boy.

It seems every MMO suffers from problems like these (and threads like these).

OP and others who agree, you should ask yourself this: Did you enjoy playing TOR for the past almost 3 months?

If so, why the whine? And if you didn't, why are you still here instead of playing some other game?

Apparently everyone thinks I'm all: "This game sucks give us more free stuff."

That's not my case. But now what I'm more worried about is how low of expectations you all set for SWTOR. The arguments I am getting are, "It's an MMO, It's going to be buggy."

Have we really lowered our standards of gaming to expect and accept frustrations and incompletion?

SWTOR is fighting WoW for the Best MMO currently. WoW has years of content and players. SWTOR is new, and promising... not to mention Star Wars. I'm not unhappy with SWTOR, I just feel that compared to other games out there, what can we provide the players with now to satisfy them until SWTOR is as big and expansive as WoW.

Sorry to bring up Wow, but i belive it's a fair argument. We all want SWTOR to succeed, otherwise we wouldn't be patrolling these forums.

That's not my case. But now what I'm more worried about is how low of expectations you all set for SWTOR. The arguments I am getting are, "It's an MMO, It's going to be buggy."

Have we really lowered our standards of gaming to expect and accept frustrations and incompletion?

SWTOR is fighting WoW for the Best MMO currently. WoW has years of content and players. SWTOR is new, and promising... not to mention Star Wars. I'm not unhappy with SWTOR, I just feel that compared to other games out there, what can we provide the players with now to satisfy them until SWTOR is as big and expansive as WoW.

Sorry to bring up Wow, but i belive it's a fair argument. We all want SWTOR to succeed, otherwise we wouldn't be patrolling these forums.

How does this relate to "I want more rewards because I am special, cause I am a founder"?

and if thats the hard line in the sand, thats fine.

i however dont see how you can expect a customer to defend said company or feel any sympathy when they are asked for free stuff or their game is insulted and so on.

just look at this thread.

all of these people saying "bioware doesnt owe you this and that" and defending them.

do you really think bioware will be there for you? ever? for 1 cent even ?

thats my point.

Why WOULD BW "be there" for me? They're a gaming company?

I guess I just don't understand. I would never expect a gaming company to..."be there". That's what family, friends etc. are for, not a bunch of folk who labour diligently to provide entertainment that I pay for.

the answer to this has been a resounding yes from most of these forum posters.

though to be perfectly honest i think the majority just want a target to argue with or pick on because they are forum trolls and are bored... but thats not really unexpected.

i have stopped replying to the other people though as its become obvious to me they are just arguing for the sake of arguing and will continue to argue even the face of irrefutable facts just because its a forum and they can if they want to.

its pointless.

That may be someone else's argument. For me, it is simply that bioware is not obligated to provide any of us with any compensation. MMO's that are actively given content updates are always unfinished. WOW, RIFT, Eve are still unfinished and incomplete. It is in the eye of the beholder. I personally love the state of the game currently and 1.2 will be compensation enough. But there will always be negative posts on the forums about anything bioware does or doesnt do.

Why WOULD BW "be there" for me? They're a gaming company?

I guess I just don't understand. I would never expect a gaming company to..."be there". That's what family, friends etc. are for, not a bunch of folk who labour diligently to provide entertainment that I pay for.

i do not expect them, you, or anyone to be there for me, ever.

you are missing the point.

people are spending their time defending a company who will not do the same for them.

people are rejecting free things from a company who will not do the same for them.

in the real world those people are called gullible

the answer to this has been a resounding yes from most of these forum posters.

though to be perfectly honest i think the majority just want a target to argue with or pick on because they are forum trolls and are bored... but thats not really unexpected.

i have stopped replying to the other people though as its become obvious to me they are just arguing for the sake of arguing and will continue to argue even the face of irrefutable facts just because its a forum and they can if they want to.

its pointless.

I am a forum troll because I disagree with the OP and voice my disagreement? Irrefutable Facts? I must have missed that post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.