Bm Survivor vs Bm Stalker

Hydurz

So I collected both full sets of Battlemaster gear.

Currently running the 31/0/10 build in PVP

What do you guys think of running with survivor gear for the defensive stats

or running stalker - less survive-ability more burst/sustained dmg

thoughts / comments

So I collected both full sets of Battlemaster gear.

Currently running the 31/0/10 build in PVP

What do you guys think of running with survivor gear for the defensive stats

or running stalker - less survive-ability more burst/sustained dmg

thoughts / comments

Defensive stats are useless in PvP. However, the more health is not a bad thing. It is a great advantage paired with your survivability. Now with that out of the way, this comes down to personal choice. If you wish to be a more defensive KC, then go survivor. It's not a bad idea and as a matter of fact, it may be more viable to fulfill your role as a true tank. If you're interest is in pumping out more damage, then use the stalker set. However, be realistic and note that you will never do as much damage as a pure DPS should. (As KC)

The going concensus is use a shield generator and the rest is dps/stalker gear. The reason behind this is that defensive stats do not mitigate special attacks such as force attacks, therefore mitigation is pretty much useless as most damage come form these forms of attacks. Also, having a high crit rating somehow pushes mitigation off the table making it useless. There are several write ups about if you take some time and read through the forums. Edited by HeliosApollo

I am also running a 31/0/10 build and i got the following gear:

Stalkers lightsaber, focus, bracer, belt, ear, implants, boot

For the remaining 4 pieces i took Force-Masters and modded it up with the Enhance from Champion Stalker's glove

AT least for my playstyle the extra 5 meters range on Project are worth the weird looks from other players

If you are running 31/0/10, I would recommend taking the mods out of the Stalkers gear, and putting them into the Survivor gear. You dont want defensive mods, but you do want the Survivor 4 pc bonus over the stalkers 4 pc bonus. 5% extra dmg while guarding basically makes up for the lost damage from Dark Charge. If you are that spec, you should always be guarding someone.

If you guard someone but get out of the 15m range, do you still get the 5% damage increase? Obviously you should switch guard when given an opportunity, but PVP gets messy sometimes =P

Hard to tell ... probably though since I'm pretty sure the buff icon for guard is still there.

The 4 pieces bonus on survivor gear is a no brainer IMO. Same goes for changing the enhancements for offensive ones (to get surge capped at least), avoiding crit and getting power but I'm starting to wonder about the mods.

Keeping some of those defense rating mods have some benefits (more HP, more mitigation and a bit more energy return from double bladed defense). For now, I still think that the power route is better ... it just ask for more 58 power mods.

I use full stalker gear except shield. couz of 3 potency its great for Force in balance and 2x project.

In my case i do more dmg with this spec than i can do as full infl. I tried it and i got few screen shots of insane dmg. Avrege dmg is 250k+ per WZ and like 60k healing.

Edited by Markooo