NERF to MERCS incoming in 1.2

Clausy

I do not interpret that as a nerf. Changing mechanics is one thing, nerfing damage is another thing entirely.

I am for a mechanics re-work. I am tired of opening every attack with three tracers. Give me more choices. I want to be viable in PvP and PvE without my class being so boring to play.

Speccing into the Pyrotech tree as a Merc is dumb also, the dps is insignificant when compared to Arsenal, AND Pyrotech is played much better by a Powertech. I am not much for heal specs, plus my guild has too many heal spec'd mercs as it is. Which pretty much leaves me stuck in Arsenal tree.

Please, BW make it a good fix. I want better and more complicated rotations. I want this merc to be fun to play.

I think they are just going to incorporate charged bolts into the talents. Currently the talents used with tracer missile have charged bolts except the one that gives heat back when critting and making that one move hit harder (High impact bolt for commando but can't think of name of merc for some reason). Charged bolts hits harder than grav round except it can shielded and evaded so people will probably continue using grav round.

If it means we spam less powerful Tracer Missiles and Heat Seeker gets it's CD reduced, I'm all for it. :>

Or maybe Tracer Missile becomes a basic skill and we get a new talented one that will be part of the rotation.

Or maybe Arsenal will be nerfed so hard no one will play it and respeccing to Pyro will be the part where rotations get more interesting?

How is changing the dynamics so you have to use more abilities not a nerf? They are NERFING the easy to use spell rotation to make it more like all the other classes.

If they are doing that, fine with me. I loved my Merc until I hit 20 and picked up tracer. the animation, combined with the fact that I'd be spamming that hunched over, twitchy thing, made me respec withing about 30 seconds. But i wasn't happy with the heat production of arsenal, so I switched over to a weird healing/dps combo. disillusionment followed shortly thereafter, and my merc has languished at 25 for quiet a while now.

I would love to pull her out of the closet and put her back in action. a more complicated routine without tracer spam would almost do it. getting rid of that animation would cinch the deal. and I'm aware that not everyone hates it, but it's definitely a big deal for me.

You guys are totally wrong about pryo being inferior to arsenal in pvp. Nothing could be further from the truth. I frequently break 500k dmg as pyro in basically champion gear. The problem is that people don't know how to play it.