Regarding this week's maintenance

StealthySob

I think his QQ is more because they spent the entire week fixing only 2 things, when there is so much that needs fixing. Do they only have one or two people fixing bugs?

I fail to see how only two things were fixed.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Seems like several things were fixed and they didn't list them all.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the quote wrong. My bad.

Edited by TheLightningLord

Everyone who thinks bugs for this game are easily fixed, go fix them. Send them a file that will fix the problem 100%. Once you send them an immediate fix that will work without any problems, then you can complain about them taking too long to make a fix or for doing only a few things in a patch. Until you do that (not claim you can, actually do it), sit down and shut up.

It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to realize that making a fix for a game that is dealing with millions of different computers that almost all of them have different hardware and software problems, on top of whatever problems were caused by the user via modifications, software/hardware conflicts, poor maintenance, etc. is no easy task. You are basically asking that they find a cure to every disease known to man with a single pill, it just doesn't work that way.

Edited by ACLucius

it takes a while to fix any sort of bug from glitchie gfx to random shadow,

fix one part of the code will leave another broken,

BW are very quick at sorting out major issues that lead to explots etc,

out of intrest what bugs are you experancing that are game breaking?

It's not like there's one dude fixing bugs. I'm with the OP...this is a very lame excuse for a patch.

Everyone who thinks bugs for this game are easily fixed, go fix them.

I can't or I would. I don't think people assume bugs are "easily" fixed, but with the staff we're lead to believe they have, this is like ONE part-time developers work for a week...not the work of a team full of people.

Gah, I'm cool with scheduled maintenance -- they've got to do it sometime. But why, why, did the server go down again a few minutes ago with a message telling me to go to the forums for an explanation? I don't see an explanation anywhere, and I intentionally scheduled my day to log in after the maintenance. So tiresome.

Gah, I'm cool with scheduled maintenance -- they've got to do it sometime. But why, why, did the server go down again a few minutes ago with a message telling me to go to the forums for an explanation? I don't see an explanation anywhere, and I intentionally scheduled my day to log in after the maintenance. So tiresome.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356689

My only gripe is the same one I have with every MMO.

In the business world, we've had mirrored database servers for at least 20 years, specifically so when you need to do maintenance, you have all your live processes flip to the backup database, take down the main one, do whatever backup/maintenance/changes you need to do to it, let it resync, and switch back.

If you need to install new code, you do so and bounce the servers briefly to load the new images, which will have patch code to migrate data structures if needed (if you made changes to the database schema).

This isn't rocket science. There's NO excuse for 8 hour downtimes when they have more than enough money to buy extra hardware for this purpose. Most of the cost goes to paying people to do the work, not the actual hardware.

I am not trying to sell you anything, I am informing you that they do weekly maintenance, just like most other game less than a decade old do

You can stay, or quit, it wont matter to me, and it certainly wont matter to Bioware whose subscription numbers continue to climb

1. I agree this isnt a patch and the wookie business was nice for smugglers

*2. WHAT game are you playing? subscription #'s up? What servers you play on? I play two and pop is half what it was even a few weeksa go

Edited by Fedaykan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.