Jugg DPS spec

BHarper

Hello, I was just wondering if any of you number crunching, damage dealing Juggernaut's could offer me some advice. I am fairly new to the Jugg, but have lots of fun playing mine and wish to continue as DPS. Anybody have a good PVE DPE spec they could share with me? Any help is much appreciated!

the 31/31/31 is considered to be the most op pvp spec and seems to be the source of much crying and calls for nerf in the pvp forums.

otherwise, check out the other threads here, i believe quite a few already cover the topic of dps builds covering enough variety to suit any play style.

While I do appreicate your reply, im not looking for sarcasm or the noting of hacks. Haha Im just looking for some assistance with spec that doesnt require hours of my time sifting through thread after thread, and page after page of other peoples conversations. Thanks!

My DPS Jugg uses the Vengeance tree for the majority of her DPS and then the bottom lines of the Rage and Immortal trees. I can bring you a screenshot of her specs in a minute, but not now cause I'm kind of in class right now and my netbook would laugh if I tried to use it to play SWTOR :D. Another key is to focus on strength, criticals, and focus more on Might Armouring mods and stuff. Yeah, I'll go get a screenshot of it.

This may help you. Look at some of the preset builds. Not all are great, but its a good place to start.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/

I personaly use a vengance spec for pvE and like it very much.

Rage is supposedly better for pvp but I dont like it. Personal preferance.

Edited by Smuglebunny

This may help you. Look at some of the preset builds. Not all are great, but its a good place to start.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/

I personaly use a vengance spec for pvE and like it very much.

Rage is supposedly better for pvp but I dont like it. Personal preferance.

Rage is completely Smash dependent and easily countered in PvP by anyone with half a brain. I prefer Vengeance for far more controlled and consistent damage.

I've tried both rage and vengeance builds for both pvp and pve (HM Ops). I gave both an honest shot and had no preference or biases giong in. After everything was said and done I can honestly say, from my own experience, that rage is superior in both pve and pvp. I tried both specs vs the HM Council fight in EV and rage was by far the best dps and I had no problems in the rage department either like some vengeance biased players will argue. In PVP I was much more dangerous and in a fast paced pvp scenario, unless you know exactly what build the jugg is there is very little time to avoid smash especially if you FC into a group of enemies. Sure there is the ocassional miss, but I could count those on one hand over 50 matches and they were either due to server lag/enemy placement or due to a knockback. Vengeance has its benefits, it's really easier to play and you have to manage rage less than a rage spec. The dots frankly suck and coming next to last on an EV HM council fight using vengeance sucks. Until they up the dot damage I wouldn't even consider vengeance an acceptable raiding spec.

The replies are much appreciated. So with the points in immortal and Rage, other than the obvious, where would those be slotted?

From the Immortal tree get Enraged Sunder, Quake and Brutality. From the Rage tree pick Malice and Ravager.

From the Immortal tree get Enraged Sunder, Quake and Brutality. From the Rage tree pick Malice and Ravager.

Ravager is useless for Vengeance and malice is a nominal stat gain that won't help overall gameplay.

7/34/0 is the best way to play vengeance (arguably 9/32/0)

The link for 7/34/0 is in my stream, 9/32/0 drops two points in unyielding for the accuracy debuff talent (which I never run because I have a tank in my group that supplies the debuff and I like the extra rage, but people have made good cases for it)

I perfer my rage spec for pvp.

The 5k smashes and people screaming, my cup of tea. Also the evil animaton kills it off, please make it faster anyone with knockback would fry a rage spec majority of the time

But vengance spec is nice for the base dmg there also few nice talents that help, wish I could help more. :(

This is my personal opinion, but i would say that Rage is better for PvP since u can burst everyone down really easily, and Vengence is better in PvE because u cant keep dealing consistant damage to the bosses instead of bursting and then waiting while your tank is getting weaker.

Ravager is useless for Vengeance and malice is a nominal stat gain that won't help overall gameplay.

7/34/0 is the best way to play vengeance (arguably 9/32/0)

The link for 7/34/0 is in my stream, 9/32/0 drops two points in unyielding for the accuracy debuff talent (which I never run because I have a tank in my group that supplies the debuff and I like the extra rage, but people have made good cases for it)

I'll agree to your thoughts on Ravager, but unless you are in full BM gear, you need the extra crit from Malice. There just isn't enough of it on Cent and Champ gear to make your scream and execute autocrit.

I tried Rage from 45-50 and about 2 weeks PvPing at level 50. While nice at the pre-50 bracket, I was getting pwned and getting nowhere once I dinged a fresh 50. Granted I was still getting some pvp gear but at this point I have fully switched to Veng spec.

Veng is good single target and generally speaking you will be facing 1v1 matches mostly in WZ's. Pre-50 people tend to group up into nice little clumps of people and smash would just decimate. Post 50, people learn NOT to clump up and you rarely have a chance to jump in, stack your 4, and smash crit everyone. Even if you manged to live (as they generally will target you), your smash crit isn't enough to deal enough damage to down anyone.

Veng give you at least the opportunity to kill one to two guys before you go down. Experienced groups counter your smash setup pretty easily. Plus I ran some Ops as rage but was never a fan. It felt like all I had going for me was 1 setup smash, vs 3 hard hitters with dots on bosses.

I run this spec for PvE: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::efe10fe4fe2f4ef6ef20ef7

You could move some points around for a more pvp flavor but I generally PvP just to get enough gear to raid ops in PvE. Once I have enough gear I tend not to PvP much after that.

I've tried both rage and vengeance builds for both pvp and pve (HM Ops). I gave both an honest shot and had no preference or biases giong in. After everything was said and done I can honestly say, from my own experience, that rage is superior in both pve and pvp. I tried both specs vs the HM Council fight in EV and rage was by far the best dps and I had no problems in the rage department either like some vengeance biased players will argue. In PVP I was much more dangerous and in a fast paced pvp scenario, unless you know exactly what build the jugg is there is very little time to avoid smash especially if you FC into a group of enemies. Sure there is the ocassional miss, but I could count those on one hand over 50 matches and they were either due to server lag/enemy placement or due to a knockback. Vengeance has its benefits, it's really easier to play and you have to manage rage less than a rage spec. The dots frankly suck and coming next to last on an EV HM council fight using vengeance sucks. Until they up the dot damage I wouldn't even consider vengeance an acceptable raiding spec.

Some people like Rage, some people like Vengeance. Coming into a thread and saying "I was fine in the council fight as Rage but next to last as Vengeance..." is ridiculous. Your anecdotes aren't proof at all. Personally I've run both specs, Rage is pretty good but I prefer Vengeance.

Rage= Burst

Vengeance= Pressure

How close are they? Only a damage parser can tell the whole story. Until then we'll just have Rage specs saying "Look at my big number" and not really proving anything.

Some people like Rage, some people like Vengeance. Coming into a thread and saying "I was fine in the council fight as Rage but next to last as Vengeance..." is ridiculous. Your anecdotes aren't proof at all. Personally I've run both specs, Rage is pretty good but I prefer Vengeance.

Rage= Burst

Vengeance= Pressure

How close are they? Only a damage parser can tell the whole story. Until then we'll just have Rage specs saying "Look at my big number" and not really proving anything.

Maybe, but when I go after someone in rage they usually die. Not the case with vengeance, as you say it is pressure based, you can pump out constant damage, but it is very easy to heal through.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.