Cybertech VS synthweaving/armortech

RainbowRue

This migh seem like a really stupid question but why would you go armortech or synthweaving when you can just get modable things and put mods in them.. + make grenades ship parts droid parts ect.? any pros to armortech/synthweaving opposed to cybertech?

One blue level 30 armor = blue armoring, mod, enhancement

Now if you equip yourself and a companion or two, that's a lot of time you can save.

The market for gear is different, but both sell.

Beyond that, some crafters (ME!) like seeing physical results of the craft. You don't see anything from Cybertech (except the bike), and then your gear NEVER CHANGES.

I prefer to do the orange gear and make my mods and armoring. It saved me from looking like a fruit loops nightmare with a blaster rifle.

IMO though, the perfect route to go (as crafting stands now) is to go armortech up to the point that you can make a crit'd rakata belt and bracers. After that, you'd be best served to drop armortech and go bio chem. Kinda crappy, but that appears to be the "best" route to take in crafting.....and this is coming from someone with 400 cybertech :(

For me its a pick your poison. if you go with armor craft, you can often craft armor that you will have a hard time finding moddable pieces for (belt, wrist, etc). plus if you make the right choice, you can often gear up your companions as well with the craft (they can easily get left behing in the questing gear rush). Plus, most the quest gear from companions is green, and i prefer my pets to be as well equipped as I am.

The downside to armor crafts is your limited to the armor type of your choice. your synthweaver cannot make armor for your Bounty hunter (with those rare exceptions of moddables that aren't class locked).

Cybertech is nice that you can make mods for anyone. plus the speeders, and something most people forget...the explosives, and shields. i use the shields allot as most shields you get questing are green.

the downside with Cybertech is if your regularly upgradeing you and your companions gear, your crafting ALLOT. for every one piece you craft with synth (from green to blue to purple) your having to craft 3 mods to equal it. more crafting, more time, and more materials (even if just by a little bit overall). Plus the speeder patterns are BoP (though that will change soon).

So I think it's personal preference. I have all 3 though, so I don't have to really choose. interestingly enough, my cybertech is the highest...but my best geared toon has always been my sage with synthweave. my other toons can use the mods, but they end up with green accessories for the non moddable items. but my sage is decked out in blues and purples completely.

Edited by Elyx

This migh seem like a really stupid question but why would you go armortech or synthweaving when you can just get modable things and put mods in them.. + make grenades ship parts droid parts ect.? any pros to armortech/synthweaving opposed to cybertech?

Synth, Armor, and Arms will be able to craft Augments which will be a good money maker.

Just hope they let us make an item like the belt buckle in WoW, lets us add an Augment slot.

Personally I LOVE how most of the world class specific set's look. If we can add augment slots to them then we can truly customize our look and not be forced to wear Teir or Orange crafted gear to for stat maxing.

Cybertech is nice that you can make mods for anyone. plus the speeders, and something most people forget...the explosives, and shields. i use the shields allot as most shields you get questing are green.

Most people forget the shields because artifice makes shields, not cybertech.

well there are changes coming in 1.2 for armor tec and crafting so its not useless >.>....

To be quite honest with you, I've gone both routes and found that Armormech / Synthweaving is far superior to Cybertech as far as the example you are illustrating.

Disclaimer: Likely to change in 1.2....

Going the Armormech route I was able to continually outfit both my main toon and my companion with blue gear that had the augment slot open. From level 17 all the way to 50. Those five augment slots (head, chest, hands, legs, feet) really made a difference.

Having said that, both approaches have their merits. I think that every individual experience will be different based on your reverse engineering success or failure.

If you are JUST looking at the pros/cons of personal equipment I would lean towards armormech/synthweaving based on personal experience.

In cybertech's defense, the ability to craft earpieces and ship upgrades make it a perfectly viable way to go from 1 to 50.

Edited by CompassRose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.