The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hold the line after 1.1.5 bugged

GeneralVZ

Hi guys i play a vanguard tactis spec and i notice after patch 1.1.5 hold the line is not working properly or as before 1.1.5. Before 1.1.5 while hold the line was active i was immune at all cc exept the ones that do cc and damage.After 1.1.5 i notice tha i am immune only to route effects push/pull effects.Basicaly i got the feeling that hold the line is usless now.I want to believe that the skill is bugged.

Anyone else noticed what im saying?

After 1.1.5 i notice tha i am immune only to route effects push/pull effects.

That's exactly how it worked before the patch as well and pretty much the reason why a lot of players think HtL isn't all that great.

That's exactly how it worked before the patch as well and pretty much the reason why a lot of players think HtL isn't all that great.

Im sure that before 1.1.5 the sith warriors aoe-cc (the one that you fell at the ground and hit your self) it didnt work on me with hold the line as and imperial agents cc-aoe(the one tha blinds you and you hold your head).I remember it becaue every one was hitting the ground and i was the only one keep fighting.

But i dont see anyone else complaining so i suppose that i have a wrong impression.

It's working the way it always has. And it's fine if used correctly.

Seriously, keeping on a pillar humping healer is more than good when it comes to taking something quickly and keeping a healer busy/dead. Should work on the knockdown but I typically haven't had that much luck with timing it against juggernauts, or I just don't know if it's been used half the time while it's up.

It has been doing it's job in huttball though, scored 4 times one game thanks to it. Reminds me of people saying resolve bars are broken x,x

• 5 months later...
So i have a silly questions here. In the description of hold the line it says "Grants 8 seconds of immunity from all movement-impairing effects". How does this not include a stun exactly? A stun is a movement-impairing effect if i have ever seen one.

I think it should grant total immunity to cc, it makes sense thematically and would make it a whole lot easier to fire off a full pulse cannon. Maybe increase the cooldown or decrease the duration if they're afraid that it would be too powerful.

I think that would make tactics more competitive with the other dps specs.

Edited by Skullbash

No, I like it right now. If used correctly, you should rarely get KBed. The shorter cooldown allows for more time to be in the Hold The Line state, so that you can kite better, and rofltroll people with knockbacks/pulls.

Stun - Controlling Effect (Can't control your character at all)

Snow/root - Movement impairing effect (Can't move as well, or at all)

Knockback/Pull - Physics (Moves your character for you)

Knockdown - A type of stun (The only knockdown is that from Force Push and the concealment/scrapper knockdown. I don't think it works on that. Maybe it did at one point in alpha/beta, and they just didn't change the description.