super mario datacrons

RunningWolf

For plugging the game as a story based RPG the datacrons are way way way (another universe) out of line with the game.

There are things that might be a little annoying in the game but all over it is a decent experience for the money.... however the sheer stupidity of having to go super mario to get datacrons is becoming a major deterrent to the enjoyment of this game.

When you can run a flashpoint in less time it takes to get a single datacron because of crashes, getting stuck, missing jumps it is a way to turn customers off.

Story content, graphics, voice acting, other game play is top shelf.... but seriously with the datacrons you guys bombed.

For plugging the game as a story based RPG the datacrons are way way way (another universe) out of line with the game.

There are things that might be a little annoying in the game but all over it is a decent experience for the money.... however the sheer stupidity of having to go super mario to get datacrons is becoming a major deterrent to the enjoyment of this game.

When you can run a flashpoint in less time it takes to get a single datacron because of crashes, getting stuck, missing jumps it is a way to turn customers off.

Story content, graphics, voice acting, other game play is top shelf.... but seriously with the datacrons you guys bombed.

I enjoy the concept and execution of the datacrons. I enjoy little hidden gems that require some thinking outside of the box to get like these. Great job, Bioware!

Edited by Ohnoto

The way of getting them is outrageous.... not concept themselves which are good for immersion.

I think I'd rather watch "reality" tv or rasslin' than play swill like super mario brothers :w_tongue:

Then go ahead. Unless you are in one of those crazy-elitist raiding guilds that requires you to have all of the holocrons to raid, there is not reason to get it if you do not enjoy it.

i figured out a tip for the mario jumping that made getting them much easier.

when tryign to line up and make the jumps, tap space bar 1st, then hold down forward

like a 1-2 tap. ( i just roll thumb ( space) to index finger (w) in one smooth motion. Turn your sprint off as well.

land on the target every time, made those frustrating jumps all of a sudden a piece of cake. That being said, i still find going for the holocrons insanely boring and decided to skip them after gathering about 8 of em. I might still go gather the shards.

The datacrons are all easy to get, and the only real time consuming ones are things like the tatooine balloon, of which you can even cheat and avoid it.

Even then, the total gain from crons is only 40 stats, which is nice early game, practically a half a piece of gear, but as the game gets further progressed you will notice that 40 stats is a small part of the picture and only needed by min/maxers and completionists. If you don't want them, then don't get them.

If you're this mad about an optional side diversion that you are threatening to quit the game, then you should just quit. Kids these days and their unwillingness to work for anything in a game.