An easy fix for the difficulty melee tanks have with ranged mobs.

Mystry

Particularly Guardian/Juggernauts, who have no pull ability.

Modify a tier 2 or 3 talent to allow blaster deflections.

Example:

Guard Stance

Increases ranged and melee defenses by 2/4/6% in Soresu Form. Additionally, gives a 33/66/100% chance to reflect ranged attacks back at the enemy upon successful deflection. The reflected damage gives high threat.

It would need considerable PvP balancing; i'm pretty sure Snipers wouldn't take kindly to having their hits returned to them by a defense stacking tank ;)

People have been suggesting that since at least April of last year with no change.

With good reason; there are many problems with simply deflecting damage back to the source.

At least it would give Juggernauts a reason to back to stacking defense and making them the "Defense" tank. Right now Powertechs/SA's both have high synergy with shield/absorb talents.

Juggernauts have a few talents which tie in with deflect/parry but at the moment they are sub-par and lack the cohesion that the other two tanking AC's get in their tanking tree.

My hope is that 1.2 addresses this.

It would be hard to balance, but I'm sure they could make it a % modifier based upon a specific stat. Something like "anti-surge" (like resilience but it works in PvE).

That way normal deflecting still works (where blaster bolts are deflected away from the tank) but given the right stats and some luck, some blaster bolts will be reflected back at their source. (Please don't confuse the words deflect and reflect, they have very different meanings; as I've seen some people use them interchangeably).

Particularly Guardian/Juggernauts, who have no pull ability.

Modify a tier 2 or 3 talent to allow blaster deflections.

Example:

Guard Stance

Increases ranged and melee defenses by 2/4/6% in Soresu Form. Additionally, gives a 33/66/100% chance to reflect ranged attacks back at the enemy upon successful deflection. The reflected damage gives high threat.

Because then Jug tanks would be the absolute best tank in the game for like 90% of the content?????

Jugs would have the highest threat against any mob/boss that used ranged attacks (their normal rotation + defense chance * mob ranged damage)

It would also be passive threat. The tank wouldn't need to do anything, other than be spec'ed correctly. I don't think either of the other two tanks have that (I know PTs don't have anything, not sure about Assassins)....which means you are creating the "nub tank", the tank class that all the nubs will play because they can just stand there and keep agro.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.