Rolling

PepperYourAngus

Any chance of making it so medium armor users cant roll on heavy armor and vice versa? (as well as for other item types). The amount of times i have had drops go to players who cant wear them is frustrating. Simply making it so you cant roll on what you cant wear would be great..

Bioware has confirmed they would make it, I think in 1.2, so that classes could only roll on what their AC's can use. So an Operative could not roll on a piece of heavy armor, a Sorcerers could not roll on a double-bladed lightsaber, Gunslingers could not roll on Scatterguns, etc.

Bioware has confirmed they would make it, I think in 1.2, so that classes could only roll on what their AC's can use. So an Operative could not roll on a piece of heavy armor, a Sorcerers could not roll on a double-bladed lightsaber, Gunslingers could not roll on Scatterguns, etc.

thanks mate

What about Heavy Armor users? They can use Light, and Medium, and Heavy... can they and they alone still roll on everything? Or is it more restrictive than that, and limiting you to the 'appropriate' armor type for your class?

Honest question, as I've heard only the very basics about this coming in 1.2, but not details such as my question.

I sincerely hope they simply add a "Companion roll" option - there are so many times I could use gear for my two companions who use Heavy Armor that completely removing an ability to roll for gear for them negates their viability.

What heavy armor player rolls need on light/med armor? /boggle

...for their companions. Which is why people have been complaining about people rolling on things they, themselves, won't use.

Edit to add: I support adding in a Companion button in the Need/Greed roll. Companions do, in fact, need gear in this game, if you ever expect to be soloing with them. I just want clarification on if this 'can only roll on stuff you can use' is going to actually work, or if some classes can still freely roll on anything, simply because they CAN use Light Armor (even if they won't actually use it themselves).

Edited by Shaz

Any chance of making it so medium armor users cant roll on heavy armor and vice versa? (as well as for other item types). The amount of times i have had drops go to players who cant wear them is frustrating. Simply making it so you cant roll on what you cant wear would be great..

You'd have to setup a new loot rule for this or something.

Personally I dont think it's bad to roll on an item that I wanna rip the mods out of. And if my guild/group doesn't mind, then why should me/we be punished?

This just sounds like a very common issue, poor communication about loot rules before starting the raid. I've seen the same thing in other games. . .and it only gets worse with LFG tools(server specific or cross server). Thankfully when everyone is on the same server the community can police themselves very well.

I'm not a fan of roll restrictions.

On my Sith Warrior, I plan on wearing Bounty Hunter gear slotted with Sith Warrior mods. I was tanking a Foundry run last week when a nice looking BH helm drops. Everyone hits greed except for myself and the Mercenary healer. I ask if she needs it, she hits need, and I pass.

However, if she didn't need it, then I would have to greed it and hope that I win the roll. While this scenario isn't as popular as one in which someone rolls outside of their armor class for a companion or some other greedy motivation, it's still an unnecessary casualty.

So if BioWare implements any roll restriction, we better get a "tradeable to group members for 30 minutes" thing added to BoP items, too.

Wow... I must be weird in that I actually pass on stuff I can't use. (Okay, blue/purple grade stuff I can't use. Everyone's rolling greed on the greens anyway.) But then, I haven't really done that many Flashpoints, and only a few HMs.

this is why you have this awesome thing called an ignore list. it wont take long for them to get blacklisted and not get groups if you use it.

Wont help with a cross server LFD tool coming.

Edited by TKMaster

The answer to your problems is, for once, not "a blaster to the face", as is almost always the case in SWTOR. It is, in fact, talking. Sort out your loot rules before you enter the instance. Talk to your party and make clear between yoursleves what is and is not allowed.

I don't believe adding a "need for companion" option would make a great deal of difference. For it to be meaningful it'd have to be ahead of Greed, and that would just make it a default replacement for Greed, in the kind of situations where it'd be relevant.

What heavy armor player rolls need on light/med armor? /boggle

You'd be surprised. I've seen Jedi "tanks" wearing a hobo's mix of light/med/heavy armor. Earlier, I ran with a Gunslinger who needed on a light Jedi robe with Willpower mods in it. (He got touchy when I called him on it).

There's a lot of people playing who are completely new to MMOs and think that if they can equip it, then they should "need" it.

Edited by Dayfax

The answer to your problems is, for once, not "a blaster to the face", as is almost always the case in SWTOR. It is, in fact, talking. Sort out your loot rules before you enter the instance. Talk to your party and make clear between yoursleves what is and is not allowed.

I don't believe adding a "need for companion" option would make a great deal of difference. For it to be meaningful it'd have to be ahead of Greed, and that would just make it a default replacement for Greed, in the kind of situations where it'd be relevant.

If nothing else is stated, I guess common loot rules and common group behaviour applies: Don't be an A-hole.

I recall this convo.

-Why you need on heavy, you can't wear it?

-Oh sorry didn't see it was heavy.

-Okay never mind.

-Why you need on heavy again?

-Duh! Because it's for my companion.

-Your companion isn't here, stop ninjaing our loot.

-Whatever, it's not like you'll ever see me again.

/remove ninjalooter1337 from group.

-Hey why you kick me from group?!

-HEY WHY YOU KICK ME FROM GROUP NOOB?!

-HEY!?

/ignore

As long as the game doesn't restrict ninjalooting, make sure you /ignore the player and remove him from group. Some people will rather allow the ninja to continue, especially if they've been waiting for a group for a while, they just want to get it over with. Me I'll rather leave the group than continue with a ninja, can't stand them.

The simple solution is don't run with random people. Randoms are always terrible.

I like the idea of not being able to roll "need" but keeping "greed" available for companions.

Don't forget about the mods. Sometimes one or more of the mods could be an upgrade even if you can't use the armor type itself. While that doesn't justify needing it over a primary user of that armor type, it certainly deserves more than fighting over greed for it.

They need to add some sort of bonus to rolls for anyone who should be getting priority roll on it. That way there's room for others to fit in between them and everyone else who's rolling greed.

Easier solution... don't group with random jerks.

Except that if players rolled NEED for something they couldn't use, they could not try to excuse it with 'I need it for my companion', when there's a separate button for that.