The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vangaurd PVE DPS Op Spec

Flapjak

I have noticed their isnt any Vangaurd DPS threads so I decided to make one. after much experimentation I found a very dynamic and fun build wich I think everyone should look at before rerolling a different Malee DPS.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/#::f8e2f9e2f2ef8df6e3fe4f3df2e4

This build is what I am currently running, right now with all the talents (( and set bonus in place)) HIB hits loads harder than assault plastique and refunds one energy cell back when used. Priority is stock strike needs to remain on CD, Ion Pulse when ever your at or above 80% of your resource and HIB is the absolute priority when ever it procs off of Ionic accelerator and of course keep incendiary round up at all times. ((HIB refunds Ammo, free, tons of damage)) this spec is very ammo draining and takes time to get used to, right now though Im always the one to defeat my maurader in Infernal council first. as for itemization you want to focus on power after accuracy soft cap and then crit. My Incendiary round ticks crit for 1k and my plasma cell damage crits for 500 dmg. Im no mathmatician so I would appreciate anything anyone would like to bring to the table.

Edited by Flapjak

I run a 8/6/27 Build for PvE. (Taken from Sithwarrior.com's DPS Thread).

Basically same thing as yours. More aim in mine, more crit (1%) and sub-30% dot potential in yours. Minimal either way since it's just 1 point difference :)

(PS: We have some repub rerolls in our guild and they were saying their side has hardly any vanguards that DPS on the other faction. Maybe 1 they could recall. I've never seen one in a Warzone here. Most are Shield Hybrids)

Edited by exphryl

I run a 8/6/27 Build for PvE. (Taken from Sithwarrior.com's DPS Thread).

Basically same thing as yours. More aim in mine, more crit (1%) and sub-30% dot potential in yours. Minimal either way since it's just 1 point difference :)

(PS: We have some repub rerolls in our guild and they were saying their side has hardly any vanguards that DPS on the other faction. Maybe 1 they could recall. I've never seen one in a Warzone here. Most are Shield/Shield Hybrids)

Good to hear, and also I feel special now XD I suppose one of the reasons is the flare wich Powertechs get (( I.E Incindeary missle, Rocket punch, Railshot all look really cool))

Yeah. vanguard pve dps seems to be a rare breed. I ended up with an assault spec like yours. There was a thread on here at some time in the last month debating which spec gives better dps. Your spec or one with the three points taken out of burnout and put into Steely Resolve(Shield) and FrontLine Offsence(Tactics). Either way it's probably close.

I had a blast doing vanguard dps. The mobility and melee/range hybrid nature of our class gives you something to think about and makes it fun.

For example the 2nd boss in EV is Gharj. He does a peroidic stomp that hits everyone close to him for AOE damage. Our melee classes just stand still punching their buttons and eat the stomp. Range classes stand still punching their buttons and avoiding the stomp. I've found that if you stand at max ion pulse range you only have to take a couple steps backwards to be out of range of the AOE stomp. So you can easily run in to do your stockstrikes and still back off to avoid the aoe while barely affecting your dps at all. Most importantly it's something to *DO* that can actually make a difference in your contribution depending on how well you perform.

By lack of replys im going to assume me and 5 other people in the game play dps vangaurds for PVE

I think the topic has already been discussed a but if you go back a few pages. Also taugrims blog lists a lot of the "common" pve and pvp builds for troopers.

I personally run 0/23/18 HEC for PvE dps

I am thinking of having a 2nd pure DPS spec.

Was wondering how you guys thought this spec would be:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMZMcZfGbbzGhrs.1

I decided to go full 31 as I am told that assault plastique does almost as much dmg as HIB and burnout isnt too bad a skill to have on bosses where they are sub 30% for a significant time period.

I think an underrated skill would be adrenaline fueled. Consider that over the cooldown of reserve powercell & adrenaline rush (2min & 3min respectively, we will use 2mins for ease of calculation), you will cast about 60x (1 cast every 2s). Assuming a lowish 30% crit chance, 18 crits should occur. (Not factoring the amount of DOTs that are applied which can also crit). This means you will shave 18x6s = 108s (more than a minute and a half) every 2min cooldown.

You should be able to use adrenaline rush and reserve powercell every 30s-1min which i feel is quite a nice perk.

What are your guys thoughts on this build?