Why are there Orbital Stations?

Qonor

They should eliminate the orbital stations (they serve no functional purpose at all) and just have hangars on the planets themselves. In fact more than one hangar would be even better spread across the planets surface, to help eliminate the "tunnel" feeling of most planets.

When you get to a planet and click on your ship exit you would get a choice of which hangar to land on.

They should eliminate the orbital stations (they serve no functional purpose at all) and just have hangars on the planets themselves.
Lots of things in the game serve no functional purpose except to enhance the immersive quality of the game and that's part of the whole point in playing isn't it?

Lots of things in the game serve no functional purpose except to enhance the immersive quality of the game and that's part of the whole point in playing isn't it?

I guess I just don't find it that immersive a feature then. Give me day/night cycles and take away the spaceports. That would be immersion that doesn't just feel like a speedbump in the way of where I am trying to go. :)

Lore and story purposes.

Some classes do have events that takes place there rather than starting down on the planet surface.

What needs to happen is this,

If a class has a quest on the orbital stations, they'll arrive on the orbital stations when they exit their ship.

Once the class has cleared the quest on the orbital stations, they can choose another travel point when exiting the ship as well as traveling off the planet, skipping the orbital station in between.

Simple fix, they might be working on something along those lines, they thought about allowing speeders on the stations but even then that's just a patch, not a real fix.

Simple fix, they might be working on something along those lines, they thought about allowing speeders on the stations but even then that's just a patch, not a real fix.

if you work it out -you,re only going to save about 30 Something seconds useing a Speeder(to Me not relly Worth it... but someone will be happy with it im Sure)

maybe it's a way of stopping you lvling too fast and complaining of lack of content ?

;)

I'm not one of those people who complains and levels too fast. I'm just fine all of that.

To those saying lore, I guess I just don't get it. And to those saying it allows easier expand-ability, I don't get it either (not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand). I guess to me it just feels chunky. It's probably some programming stuff I don't understand.

I'm not one of those people who complains and levels too fast. I'm just fine all of that.

To those saying lore, I guess I just don't get it. And to those saying it allows easier expand-ability, I don't get it either (not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand). I guess to me it just feels chunky. It's probably some programming stuff I don't understand.

Yeah it's a bit odd but i agree with the lore people, for example the republic missions on Balmora are based on them having a small hidden base to launch covert operations against the imps.

If you had a spaceport on the republic base it would look pretty obvious that all these ships are going back and forth, so from a lore perspective going to an orbital station and getting taken down in a small dropship behind enemy lines makes sense.

I do find it a little annoying but as mentioned the loading times are minimal and it doesn't really detract too much from the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.