1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

No, but GW2 has a TON of pvp content open world, huge battles and 3 fractions, not just 3 rated warzones to occupy those who soley PVP at endgame in this game.....

The gear progression was all this game had for PVP, take that away, this games PVP's final nail in the coffin. This game will never have epic open world PVP the engine can't handle it. They want to force you to 8 v 8 in small instanced areas.

Curious because i don't know, but besides the arena style, and WvWvW every two weeks, what other PvP constitutes a TON?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main point all PVP players are trying to get accross here, is

Even themselves want it to be really hard and worth the grind to obtain pvp gear, its what drives people into pvping. And once we get the gear, well, yes you can own others with ease, but thats wat earning things do.

You can't live in a big house if you don't work for it.......... drive a nice car, I really with the dynamics of this game was real life so you PVE players could see the fairness isn't actually fair at all.

ITS REWARD! YOU FOOLS! WE PVPERS WANT REWARDS!!!! not FREE CRAP! JUNK WE CAN GET FROM JUST RUNNING IN A BATTLEGROUND

Anyone saying that is not a pvp player.

Personally, I'd think less of those who don't kick them out with the upcoming addition of vote to kick in warzones.

/shrug

Like any other games "/kick" feature it will require a majority vote, and we all know how well that turns out half the time ppl are too busy playing to pay attention or notice. Sad but true.

well said theey have medals, for MVPS and stuff like that! WELL SAID BROTHER!

I think they can't refuse our argument now! for our medal! it should be better gear!

Why can't your medal be a medal

What you want is having Kobe shoot at an eight foot basket because they won the title.

Curious because i don't know, but besides the arena style, and WvWvW every two weeks, what other PvP constitutes a TON?

Open world battles numbering in the 100's between 3 fractions sounds like a TON more to me, than 3 rated warzones of 8 v 8 over and over and over, with no gear progression that SWTOR offers.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Why can't your medal be a medal

What you want is having Kobe shoot at an eight foot basket because they won the title.

Again, the gear stat gap was minmal, you make it sound like us BM's are gods compared to the easy to get champ gear.

On my alt's I can beat some BM's with centurion gear so.......

Make a mountain out of a mole hill some more.

Like any other games "/kick" feature it will require a majority vote, and we all know how well that turns out half the time ppl are too busy playing to pay attention or notice. Sad but true.

Yea in those other REAL MMOs..

Perhaps if people are less concerned about getting gear, as they are about winning, they'll take the time to vote.

We can hope.

Open world battles numbering in the 100's between 3 fractions sound like a TON more than 3 rated warzones of 8 v 8 over and over and over, with no gear progression.

Once every two weeks?

hmm

ok.

Guess i can PvE in the meantime...

or run one of how many arenas?

Edited by Tic-

Because the first draft pick wins you a Championship. So how many Championships did Lebron win in Cleveland again?

On the other hand, winning a Championship does indeed bring your team marquee talent, that's often willing to take a pay cut, because the players want to win. Look at how stacked Miami is, again, pay cuts because they want to win.

Or look at the Yankees and Boston. They have some of the HIGHEST payrolls in Baseball. How is this fair? It's not, because competitive games are NEVER fair.

The last 32 overall number ones have 22 championships.

If those players went to the best team instead of the worst it would be 52.

Yea in those other REAL MMOs..

Perhaps if people are less concerned about getting gear, as they are about winning, they'll take the time to vote.

We can hope.

I'm sorry you cling to one other MMO too much, the most dated one UO. I cling to older MMO's as well, but several, not just one.

Once every two weeks?

hmm

ok.

Guess i can PvE in the meantime...

or run one of how many arenas?

You have no clue what you're talking about.......... Large scale battles are happening in GW2 beta right now, all the time, not "every two weeks"

No, but GW2 has a TON of pvp content open world, huge battles and 3 fractions, not just 3 rated warzones to occupy those who soley PVP at endgame in this game.....

The gear progression was all this game had for PVP, take that away, this games PVP's final nail in the coffin.

I agree, arena-net PvP model is my favorite of any game because it does reward skill and teamwork as opposed to who has the best lootz.

Bioware would only be doing their player base and their game a service by mimicing GW's model.

Bioware needs to change how pvp achievement is rewarded because gear progression is stupid in my not so humble opinion. I have a feeling this will all change once GvG begins or rather I hope it does.

If gear progression is the best bioware is willing to offer for PvP achievement. I'll probably be moving on to a game that actually rewards skill and team strategy as well.

However, I like to think this dev team is smarter than that. I'll remain optimistic.

p.s. I didn't mourn the lack of PvPers that required a stat advantage while I was on ladder in GW and I won't mourn the loss of PvPers who require a stat advantage in this game. They can go play AION, WOW or WAR if they really need the gear crutch.

Edited by portichae

well lets see, maybe the fact that there is an absence of rating required to use the better gear? unless you are for communism and feel that everybodies equal in a sense. Communism cannot work in the real world because we don't think its fair for a surgeon with skills to get payed the same as a garbage man. Do you understand now? This is a communist based game the evidence is there, your just refusing to look at the facts and say, yes, you are right getting the best gear by having no skills is in no sense fair to the more skilled player. Now I'm not saying Im pro, I never did, I think its rather pointless to be able to get the best gear by not knowing how to properly use your skills at the right time.

If your skilled in life you seek rewards, if your skilled in SWTOR you do not seek rewards? how does this work?

Remember the rewards all PvP players want, is gear or unique skins, titles or accessories. Its what serious PvP players want to achieve when they play games.

Stop bringing up communism. It is clear you have a mediocre knowledge of what it is.

I'm sorry you cling to one other MMO too much, the most dated one UO. I cling to older MMO's as well, but several, not just one.

I don't understand your point, what does that have to do with voting someone out whos afk in a warzone?

For the record, i thoroughly enjoyed DAoC until TOA, Shadowbane was fun but had issues.

SWG was good, but they took a chainsaw to something that needed a scalpel. WoW was decent, but i really don't want to play that again, thats why i like the way they are doing the PvP gear in this game.

Neverwinter Nights in '94 was great, turn based, everyone wore the same thing, lots of RP back then.:D

I don't understand your point, what does that have to do with voting someone out whos afk in a warzone?

For the record, i thoroughly enjoyed DAoC until TOA, Shadowbane was fun but had issues.

SWG was good, but they took a chainsaw to something that needed a scalpel. WoW was decent, but i really don't want to play that again, thats why i like the way they are doing the PvP gear in this game.

Neverwinter Nights in '94 was great, turn based, everyone wore the same thing, lots of RP back then.:D

No, it's nothing personal, it really wasn't, just since I said "real MMO's" you have took every chance you could get to be sarcastic about it. It seemed so to me anyway. I respect your opinion, I wish you could respect mine.

Edited by Dego_Locc

You have no clue what you're talking about.......... Large scale battles are happening in GW2 beta right now, all the time, not "every two weeks"

Yes, thats why i said " Curious because i don't know" remember?

So WvWvW happens everyday?

I thought it was timed... good to know.

Edited by Tic-

Yes, thats why i said " Curious because i don't know" remember?

So WvWvW happens everyday?

I thought it was timed... good to know.

From what I have gathered it's something you can jump into seemlessly at anytime. From anywhere in the game. And my friends in beta said the PVP is nonestop if you want it to be, and the battles are fun with siege engines and keep taking.

Kinda sorta a throw back to DAoC's Frontiers, in some aspects, others not so much.

Edited by Dego_Locc

I guarantee my experience in mmogs dwarves yours.

It is fine that you are a pver who is trying out pvp. Just realize they are very different.

First off, it's doubtful. I have played most MMO's you have heard of, and some you probably haven't. And what does that EVEN matter!? Go stroke your epeen elsewhere.

And I also play FPS at a competitive level, I was in CAL-M for counter strike back in the day for both 1.6 and Source. I know what competitive gaming is, and I know what a level playing field is. I also know what an MMO is supposed to be for the most part.

Secondly, I don't care much for PVE. I mainly just PVP at endgame in most MMO's that allow that to happen.

Thirdly WOW sucked.

Assume more.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Glad to see people who use gear as a crutch leave the community. It enhances the rest of our skill based experience.

I don't mind losing to an equally geared premade but losing when I never had a chance bc of gear gap used to suck.

All these "Tiny Tim's" are afraid of getting their crutch stolen

Let them quit. I'd rather those type of people were not in the game to start with. Warzones need to be competative and not all about geeks who play 24/7 and have the best gear.

This x 1000, again.

IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GRIND! And no one gives a %^&$ if you all quit. Ohhhh no 100 people unsub because of the changes, but the people playing for fun see it and love the changes and never even go on these forums and never even know there is a "problem"

This x 1000, again.

IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GRIND! And no one gives a %^&$ if you all quit. Ohhhh no 100 people unsub because of the changes, but the people playing for fun see it and love the changes and never even go on these forums and never even know there is a "problem"

It's not supposed to be a grind? This MMO? Interesting......

If you think the minimal gap between the easy to get champion and the hard to get BM is the reason you're dying. You need to look in the mirror........

/thread

I don't think you "read gud". I said good players don't want gear gaps because it is not fun to roll people because of the gap. Perhaps you have never experienced that, but for average and above players it is not fun destroying lesser geared players just because they have worse gear. You will have to take our word for it.

No, it's nothing personal, it really wasn't, just since I said "real MMO's" you have took every chance you could get to be sarcastic about it. It seemed so to me anyway. I respect your opinion, I wish you could respect mine.

I don't think anyone can define what a "real" MMO is. Perhaps what they like in one, but not to be able to define it. Same thing with PvP. Theres many different styles, and i have played all of them at some point.

Some i like, some i don't. Same with MMOs.

Dego, he's being sarcastic because "Real MMO's" is a ridiculous statement to make. GW has had years on their game to improve and add more PvP content it also made PvP the pillar of its play-style which for us PvPers is great.

However, this MMO doesn't have as its primary pillar PvP. This mmo is highly story-driven hence why Bioware's focus has been voice acting and story-telling.

There WILL be more pvp content added. Developers have already promised that there is more PvP content to come, keep in mind the game is still very new. However, also realize that while PvP is offered not all MMOs have PvP as their primary pillar. ( from a mechanics stand-point to me this seems naive and maybe a little stupid to do but that's how developers do it.)