PvP: Space Battles!!!

pigfacewjn

Will I need 'space valor' to equip pvp ship mods?

I really had hoped space would be similar or akin to EVE Online. Areas of lawlessness (FFA), systems that could be controlled by guilds/alliances representing one of the two factions (or a third pirate faction), etc.

I mean, you could really go buck-nutty with the ideas. Ship combat should be as immersive as pvp combat...

I don't know if this is a possibility for SWTOR, though.

I kind of enjoyed the space combat in this game...for like a week. It got old fast. I don't even use it as an xp mechanic anymore. I was really hoping they'd add PVP to space in this game. Maybe they still will, but I'm not holding my breath. It's one of the few things that SWG had that was better than this game. For the most part TOR has done everything else better.

Yup. Less tedium.

Honestly, TOR crafting is even more tedious.

It took more planning in getting set up with resources for SWG, but then I could craft, in an hour or so, everything I would want to sell for the next month. Once you had factories, any of the tedious elements of crafting were gone imo.

SOE screwed up a lot of systems in SWG, but I havn't found another crafting system that was enjoyable.

As for the topic, if they can get space pvp correct (they probably won't), I could forget the ground game entirely.

Edited by fisheggs

Gonna be honest, if they introduce space PvP and its anything on par with (or better than) "X-Wing Alliance" or "TIE Fighter vs X-Wing"; I probably wouldn't be leaving my ship. Ever. Nothing like a good(decent?) space fighter sim.

I 100% agree.

Gonna be honest, if they introduce space PvP and its anything on par with (or better than) "X-Wing Alliance" or "TIE Fighter vs X-Wing"; I probably wouldn't be leaving my ship. Ever. Nothing like a good(decent?) space fighter sim.

This!!!!!!!!

would like to see something like the space battles in the star wars game where you could play any role in the battlefield. i liked the option of either picking a fighter bomber or transport ship, would be fun haveing large guild ships with dogfights outside and the point being to capture important locals on each others ships and whoever gets a certain amount of pts before the other team wins.

BW would have to put a lot of resources into the development of a space part that is worth to be called so. But should they do it ....

In SWG, we had a whole set of ship types - Interceptors (like A-Wing or TIE/Adv, ..), Space Superiority Fighters (i.e. X-Wing, TIE Oppressor,..), Bombers (B-Wing,..), even multiperson ships with 2-6 player-controlled turrets.

Since SOE did close to nothing, the players organized space events and some of them were the *most epic* actions i've ever seen in *any* game - here's one I'm remembering right now:

I was an imperial stromtrooper aboard a YE-4 Gunship with our team. The misson was to aproach Dantooine Space Station, destroy all resistance, land and conquer the mission objective, while the rebs were trying to hinder us.

Since all turrets were already in use, all i could do while the fleet was heading towards the space station, was to watch out of the window.

I really can't tell you how it felt, when i saw this swarm of X-wings taking aim at us... and I was but a passenger.

There's nothing in gaming I can think of, that produced that much adrenaline as space pvp in SWG. nothing.

Should BW be able to beat that, I could finally let my pilot and my shipwright rest in peace.

Edited by Spife

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.