Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we have our community, the initial rvr english speaking one, and a huge influx of spanish and italian players whom both have named it the unofficial spanish and italian server. This creates our huge queues on that server. No party will move due to the reasons i poste din my last message. When release comes this wont improve then we have a HUGE influx of non preorder people from both of those language communities.

Allow me to salt the wound while we're at it.

ToFN also happens to be one of the servers designated for Russian PvP-oriented guilds, it seems. Considering it's full to the brim with just EGA players, come "normal" launch it will simply become the King of Queues, no less...

Incorrect.

There are several servers on the same situation.

For example : the portuguese community (Based on pre-guild placement listing) decided to roll on Legions of Lettow.

We now found out, that Legions of Lettow is also the non-official Russian, UK\Ireland and CZE\SK server

So, 4-5 huge communities. Who should rellocate considering parts of each got placed there? Who should move then?

Organised communiteies are easy to find. We already had Stephen Reid in our IRC channel a couple of days ago. So all they need to do is to decide to split the horribly overpopulated servers then offer each community (read community not individuals or individual guilds) a transfer to a new fresh server with all their characters and progres. This needs to be done atelast twice for our server Tomb of freedon nabb as we have three organised communities there. Infact a splinter of Russians are also here with 700+ player increasing.

As of who? Random person in their server tech team thats aparently on duty 24/7.

Well, rage on then buddies.

Pointless to try and have an healthy discussion with people so focused on having something to bash.

People wanted early access for everyone, they got it.

Now endure 2-3 horribly queued days until an healthy ammount of servers get up, which is to be expected.

Plus, there are lots of 5m queue servers up right now, feel free to leave and rellocate from the >1\2h ones, please.

Pointless to try and have an healthy discussion with people so focused on having something to bash.

Now endure 2-3 horribly queued days until an healthy ammount of servers get up, which is to be expected.

Plus, there are lots of 5m queue servers up right now, feel free to leave and rellocate from the >1\2h ones, please.

I *********** hate fanbois since there are message boards.

class A moron

Grtz mate on not reading anything and just being a dick

OK i will roll again in a different server. Where is the guaranty that tomorrow there not gona be a massive que

Not a fanboy, far from it aswell.

If people didnt get early access, they would whine they wanted it.

Floodgates opened, people want 1000 more servers.

Then what?

In 1 month, when server population stabilizes, half those servers, if not more, will be dead or empty, and ppl will complain about mergers and free transfers.

I played for a long time on a very empty WOW realm, so i really can endure 2-3 days of queues to get healthy servers. No need for hasty decisions, at least for me.

At least wait until the 20th to see what happens, at the official launch. Then everyone should complain if this mantains.

Edited by hugor

Game has not been officially launched yet.

People asking for a 1day refund are just ridiculous. Your game time starts on the 20th, or when you add your subscription after that.

Not strictly true - if you bought a pre-order (certainly via the Bioware site) you had to pay a 'pre-order fee', therefore we have paid for this early access & all I seem to be doing is watching a bar slowly decrease.

Launching new servers won't help those already allocated - better capacity on existing servers is also needed...

If this is to be any indication of the population thus far, then it's going to be even worse come the 20th.

55min+ wait for The Swiftsure and 30-55min for many others.

BW you've had a solid chance now to view server stability, time to ramp them up as it's getting beyond a joke to have to wait this long, and yes I am aware it's early days, yes I know it's no different to WoW launch (less crashy maybe) but that's no excuse. If anything BW have seen first hand what to avoid and how to improve.

On a side note, 2-4 dedicated oceanic servers would be nice. So we aren't taking up room for US people, also free char xfer say 1 week after launch might be usefull in helping balance server loads. I know myself personally I had to re-roll because my guild rolled on another server from pre-launch and I wasn't aware, could've saved me some time and hassle.

Otherwise all is good and great!.