Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

So not spending money on extra/expanding the current servers is going to make them money?... people won't pay them for a game they can't play!! (Unless you love waiting in queues all day).

Have you ever work in the tech field? I going to assume not. (forgive me if I'm wrong) There are SO many factors it's not even funny. It's not about switching an on and off switch. Also let's not forget they supposedly have over 100mill invested into this game. You can bet your butt they are working hard to find a remedy for this. I understand 100% its disappointing not getting in. In all fairness let's give them until (release) before we get over excited.

Again I understand (as I'm in over an hour queue right now myself) but let's see what happens on release.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - this is the tightest controlled pre launch I can remember.

Strict invitation only, staged process, pre registered by most months in advance. Total control of numbers...and yet this happens.

Got to ask why.

I mean what happens when the game goes retail......This is a fail of epic proportions.

No matter what people say about other MMO's 3-4 hour waits are not normal, not even during PGA periods. 30 mins yeah, an hour maybe 2 hours plus. Nope, that just doesn't happen any more, not for almost a decade.

I was happily playing the game for a few hours and like usual the longer I played the more lag I had until I crashed to my desktop- Memory lead you guys have been told about since beta which never got fixed- now trying to get back online-Ok so I've been in this queue for an hour now- btw it was only supposed to be less than 50 minutes wait time when I started and I was 800th in line for this now I'm 400 and hour later - why over fill the servers at the start- I didn't pick this server You picked it for me. This does not bode well for me to actually pay for this game- No excuses- You made preordering available therefore you knew how many people would be playing at least for this week - God help us next week- I know I wont tolerate this for a month so get moving and get some more servers online- If I were raiding and had to wait for a fellow member who got dc'd for an hour I would be pissed, but can you imagine if he finally gets on and omg another raider gets dc'd- and these are assigned servers this week what happens next week when you get all the folks who refused to preorder and then O Noes the next week its Christmas guess what games are a great present- so even more people- This is the epitome of EPIC FAIL!!!!! - and u want us all to pay for it- lol

So, were we all brought to one forum so we can be given a unified answer to all these concerns?

Even a "We're looking into it" would be better then being ignored.

Though there isn't much to be looked into. It's just a matter of increasing size..

They are looking into it, in due time. After all, we can all just reroll on some other server with queues. At least they dont see a problem not being able to play with your friends/guild...

I actually got so annoyed with that, 'just reroll' on another server comment by CSR's i reported that steaming brown piece of cake.

I havent been able to play because of the fu'in Queues...

And the game freezes after a while when you've been in a Queue.

And the min wait time for my server is ~45min. And I seriously am not gonna wait 45min in order to play a gosh darn game that Ive PAID for.

And what pisses me off, YOU CANT GET BACK INTO THE GAME WHEN YOU ALT TAB WHILE WAITING IN A QUEUE.

Wooden PC? i can alt tab just as much as i want, and the game never freezes.. :cool:

3 h and 29 minutes in the queue already and currently position 198 in the queue so probably another hour.

ESTIMATED WAIT TIME ISSUE

I see it constantly changing in the back ground going from 1h 05m to 1h 40m and now again to 1h 25m.

There is a major flaw in your system bioware. The actual wait time is is roughly ~4hours.

from my customer point of view. you know exactly how many pre-orders you send out.

how is it possible that every single EU server is full with long queue's. did you expect people not to play???

than there are issues with the other language servers (except for German) are also full so those players claimed other english speaking servers.

I have seen quite some MMO launches in the almost 10 years i play these kinda games and never experienced such thing.

I did see 1500+ queues with other game releases but those never took longer than 15-20min. These queue's are just hardly moving.

(also a rumor that there are some simple things that wont afk disconnect you like autorunning into a wall. as i cant log in i can tell if true.

THIS IS REALLY UNACCEPTABLE

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now I have a great deal of patience. I'm on TOFN and I've told all my guildies that had yet been invited to the early access to remain calm, it's gonna get better don't worry.

But seriously, what's the point of having an early access when people can't even access the game?

And how am I supposed to run a guild when queues are 1h+ (Yeah that server also has queues now) ?

No WoW queue? I beg to differ lady.

Not to mention this is _not_ beta _nor_ is this launch. This is them ramping up to release day. We are the Guinea pigs. Deal with it.

i was in the beta and was there on vanilla launch, i don't remember there being a q (which is what i said) .. maybe memory serves me wrong though mate >< :)

sorry i didnt see your edit before i quoted u ..

correction .. we are not not not not guinea pigs.. we are paying investors by buying a pre-release game. BETA was the guinea pig days mate :).

Il still stick around i know in a few weeks/month it will be better but now that it's not beta, we can demand perfect service thats the whole point for paying :p

Edited by Neijek

Well it´s getting late here in Sweden(11:56PM) so I give up and hits the sack instead and passes on the "queue torch" to my fellow American players. GL! :D

Total queue time 6 hours, total play time 3 minutes. Nighty night...

The problem and great annoyance with the queueing is that: I didnt choose this server, it was chosen through guild deployment.

I would have chosen a low populated server if it wasnt for my firends and guildies.

I just hope BW is working with a group transfer, divide the server or something simmilar to ease the pressure from the servers that are overpopulated.

This right here i agree.

1 hour 56 minutes in a queue and I have never gotten this much work done around the house before. I did the dishes, washed the windows, vacuumed the entire apartment and put up some minor christmas decorations. All that would have taken me 3-4 days if I didn't want time to pass so quickly :p

I didn't mock anyone when I got in on the 14th I was just happy to play, I never could have imagined waiting 3+ hours to play.

And all those people saying "never played a new mmo?" implying this is normal, actually i've started several mmo's from early access and I'd say an hour was the most i've ever been made to wait! Aion was the worst of them before now but I was annoyed at waiting 40-50mins let alone 3 hours!

actually i'm almost at 4 hours... I may have to go back to playing DCUO or even... FFXIV... its THAT bad EA!!!!!

i was in the beta and was there on vanilla launch, i don't remember there being a q (which is what i said) .. maybe memory serves me wrong though mate >< :)

Yeah I distinctly remember login queues, even after launch, full on weeks after release. Of course there have always been pvp queues.

Stupid que times!! 500+ people waiting 40 min to get in a server is just stupid. Blizzard was that way and offered free transfers but this is week one. Time to get better at prior planning or afk logged in all day! Both are bad choices but somethings gotta give. Already got guild and characters lvled a good ways this sucks.

Sincerely

Sad Face!

Got a que of 1800 plus. Its way to much for my taste. It is just bad that i cant move to a different server since my guild and friends are on that server and star wars put us there.

Would be nice to be able say as guild ok lets all swap to a different server with chars..

Plus i hate to start over again since my char is allmost lvl30 dont wanna do that whole thing again from start. Did beta till 25 and now again not again..

Edited by Kritterr

Stupid que times!! 500+ people waiting 40 min to get in a server is just stupid. Blizzard was that way and offered free transfers but this is week one. Time to get better at prior planning or afk logged in all day! Both are bad choices but somethings gotta give. Already got guild and characters lvled a good ways this sucks.

Sincerely

Sad Face!

No, this is week negative one.

I didn't mock anyone when I got in on the 14th I was just happy to play, I never could have imagined waiting 3+ hours to play.

And all those people saying "never played a new mmo?" implying this is normal, actually i've started several mmo's from early access and I'd say an hour was the most i've ever been made to wait! Aion was the worst of them before now but I was annoyed at waiting 40-50mins let alone 3 hours!

actually i'm almost at 4 hours... I may have to go back to playing DCUO or even... FFXIV... its THAT bad EA!!!!!

I been playing WOW while waiting!! lol

ok bioware throwing new servers in is not the answere, we already have toon on a server, and are in a guild on that server ......... we dont want to play on a new server

after que'ing for 3 hours i give up today ...... well done bioware, my playing experience ruined today

Yeah I distinctly remember login queues, even after launch, full on weeks after release. Of course there have always been pvp queues.

ah crap.. but really on the first week of release? i don't remeber that at all. maybe later but during the first days of release? boh hehe i guess my memory is faulty as i get older :) .. ok so scratch wow but there's still a considerable list left :p

anyhow .. as a suggestion to fix the problem.. devs do this..

tomorrow implement emergency down time..

refund 1 day to every one

add about 1000 player slot and relative hw to all servers to support it..

CLOSE a server if theres 250 chars more then the MAX supported at peak

reopen servers, voila fixed.

Have you ever work in the tech field? I going to assume not. (forgive me if I'm wrong) There are SO many factors it's not even funny. It's not about switching an on and off switch. Also let's not forget they supposedly have over 100mill invested into this game. You can bet your butt they are working hard to find a remedy for this. I understand 100% its disappointing not getting in. In all fairness let's give them until (release) before we get over excited.

Again I understand (as I'm in over an hour queue right now myself) but let's see what happens on release.

Yes, I actually do work in the tech field and do realise it's not as simple as "on" or "off". I'm sure they are working on finding a remedy but my experience of other MMO's I've never seen such queue times. Let's not forget they had plenty of time to anticipate for this launch, not only that but the early access "staggering" strategy was employed to reduce or prevent such problems. I also realise that the game is not being officially released until the 20th but I can't see the problem getting any better when they have a greater influx of people joining to play. I'm sure this will be resolved in time, but as "first impressions" go this is very poor and I'm sure Bioware will lose a lot of players before they even begin.