Legacy expansion WOOT!!!!

Robbygoof

im confused..whats so special about using a random ability once every 20 minutes..during solo play? It's not special..if I want force choke..ill create a sith and do it. What a stupid system legacy is :/. I am disappointed in it's direction.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im confused..whats so special about using a random ability once every 20 minutes..during solo play? It's not special..if I want force choke..ill create a sith and do it. What a stupid system legacy is :/. I am disappointed in it's direction.

Yeah, I gotta say, there's nothing over-powereing about the legacy abilities... They won't show up in end game or PvP. All they do is break the lore and, well, I guess that's the least of the problems at this point.

Yeah, I gotta say, there's nothing over-powereing about the legacy abilities... They won't show up in end game or PvP. All they do is break the lore and, well, I guess that's the least of the problems at this point.

well..I dont really care about lore..I just dont get why people are excited. OMG I can use Force Choke..yeah..so can ANYONE that created a sith character that could.

If your so excited about sith abilities..create a sith. Maybe im missing something though..I dont know..

Yeah, it's gone a bit too far for me. I understand "games fun wowowowowo!!!" but I didn't think that was the exact audience of the game... I think many Star Wars fans will be put off by this.

You don't have to use the abilites you dont like?

I think Bioware did a good job on allowing you to do a move that your alt did, but they ruined it by giving it a 20min CD. Seriously... 20min CD?

but i remember correctly, tehy said there a way to lower heroic moment cooldown also. so could be more often then 20 mins, just got to see how far they let it be lowered.

Ok was it just me or was that a sith with a flame thrower and a smuggler with force choke????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for 1.2 and pumped for more info, i just wish it wasnt so guarded. If anyone has a good tell all website with possibly an inside scoop or more info other then the bit I can glean from the video please send it up!!!

you can only use it if youve got those classes and also your limited to where you can use it and how often you can use it so nothing to see here move along..

Edited by Wikileeks

Ok was it just me or was that a sith with a flame thrower and a smuggler with force choke????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for 1.2 and pumped for more info, i just wish it wasnt so guarded. If anyone has a good tell all website with possibly an inside scoop or more info other then the bit I can glean from the video please send it up!!!

I'm happy as well about 1.2.

I'm enjoying all the various class stories, and since the day I created my Legacy name, I have been impatient as well to link my various characters between them :D

So what ability am I supposed to get on my alts since my main is a lvl50 shadow? Shadows don't really have any iconic abilities like force choke

I hope this new legacy stuff I'm hearing about is not true...
uh it is, watch the patch video Edited by GregMD

I can't believe people saying this "breaks" the game cause it's against the lore. It's in no way against the lore. Who says that someone not training as a jedi, or sith, can't use the force? Maybe they got offered to join the forceusers of their faction but turned it down? In hutta there's even a quest where you're supposed to persuade some dad to send his son to Korriban. That dad probably has some tricks up his sleeve, but he still isn't sith.

You don't HAVE to study the powers of the force with the jedi or the sith.

Edited by owlinspace

Doesn't make sense to me. Smuggler with absolutely no force training force choking you? I can understand the sith with the flamethrower because thats just extra equipment.

It's meant to be like, your Smuggler is, let's say, the son of your Sith character. He was raised Sith, and has force sensitivity. But for whatever reason he left the Empire and his family behind. But he's still trained to use some force powers because of his upbringing.

Anyone who complains is just trolling

a really interesting addon

Well done Bioware!!

Well done!

5/5

Yeah all trolls !

this is a perfect update, and very star wars like !! you see plenty of traits passed down from the parents in the lore, lucke is one of them. granted he gets trained BUT he would have found his force powers on his own in time, might have took longer but still.

AND for all the "its not cannon" apes, remember the founder of Star Wars is helping BW in making this game, he sure would not have let them do this if it was not "Star Wars" like.

and this will be the end of it, don't let me read one bad word about the update ever again! focus on the bugs and lags/fps problems cus thats the real bad *** in this game.

Update 1.2 is fantastic in my eyes and i'm a FAN! so please stop writing that fans won't like this, you have no idea what fans like or me so no more trolling ok. :D

Ps: cus of that info about the legacy system i'v deleted 4 chars of my existing 8 :D not cus i don't like it, just gonna re-do them with other options (visual) and maybe race "if available" ... level of deleted chars wer around 25ish so not that high and hard to re-do anyways :D

Edited by Noxsabe

I was excited about this update until I read "A companion must be present to use these abilities"

90% of my playtime is spent on team or in operations so I'm **** out of luck for finally having force lightning on my Jugg. I really wanted to shock people occasionally like Darth Malgus. :(

Still hoping the companion requirement won't be final.

Edited by Noyjitat

Count Dooku, a sith lord, trains a non-force user in the ways of the lightsaber. who? General Grevious. I don't think that what is being implemented is in anyway going against canon.

Or a certain son of a future Skywalker who became a bounty hunter and hid the fact that he was able to use the force. this came from a comic series. not sure if it was Dark horse.

Read whats out there. There are plenty examples of "going against the grind" to be found. I for one am glad to break away a bit from the "cookie cutter you can only have it this way" characters.

Anyway, just my to huttese cents. ;)

So many people claiming "this is not Star Wars" and not having an F'ing clue what they are talking about. Read some of the Extended Universe that is all classified as canon. Look at the examples *in this game* and tell me again why any of the Legacy releases are a problem. The thing I find most hilarious about this entire thread is there were people *exactly like you* who complained on the boards in beta and caused the alignment restriction to be added to color crystals. Now look where we're at. They have taken that restriction off because the people who complained and caused that were costing them customers. If they listen to your whining about the Legacy changes they intend to implement, they will lose customers as well.

I myself am neutral to this change. On the one hand, it makes sense to me that one of my descendants might have an inclination toward force choke, or may have inherited my flamethrower as a family heirloom. On the other hand I'm not sure that it makes sense for every class defining skill since some would require more control than others. In the end it comes down to the fact that they have restricted this to only work when you have a companion out. So basically this is only going to work when you are soloing or in a group of 2 or 3 outside of a WZ or operation. It won't affect balance for the vast majority and it becomes more of a social ability with a little kick than anything else. I see no reason to be against this.

Besides, it's not the huge break in consistency that a lot of people have been whining about in this thread. I think you're all getting angry for the sake of getting angry. If you're that unhappy with the game that you are trying to find reasons to be pissed off, just leave. You're not happy and I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say we don't want you to be sticking around trying to make us miserable too. Some of us enjoy the game and don't go out of our way looking for ways to make the experience miserable for ourselves and others.

Does the game have bugs? Hell yes. Are there some things that need to be tuned and balanced? Hell yes. Is this a reason to be a forum lurker with no other purpose than to ***** about everything that Bioware does? Hell no. Like every MMO on the market, there are good things and bad things about the game. You choose to see it as all bad. Fine. I choose to see it as a mixture of good and bad and leaning more on the side of good, so I'm sticking around to see how things turn out. I've hopped from MMO to MMO since 1999 looking for something that is perfect and I have learned there is no such thing and never will be. You work with what you have and enjoy your time in the game or else you waste your time making yourself miserable and stressing yourself out.

In the end, that's your choice to make.

The Holiday Special is canon too. Life Day celebrations anyone?

If the Force is passed through bloodlines then why wasn't Anakin's mother Force-sensitive? Why do Jedi stumble across prospective candidates when all they need to do is keep a family tree database? Hell, if Jedi bloodlines are so strong why not take samples and use surrogate mothers to breed ever more powerful users?

I'm pretty excited about the Legacy stuff and 3.2 in general. But the 20min CD on your legacy skill is pretty lame. I would think the coolest point of that skill is to show it off while grouped with others or in WZs. I'd like to see it as a regular skill (not requiring companion) on a 5min CD.

Doesn't make sense to me. Smuggler with absolutely no force training force choking you? I can understand the sith with the flamethrower because thats just extra equipment.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corran_Horn

this is one of my fav chars in the sw books. he was a rogue squad piolet and security force member or w/e who was force sensitive. over time he developed tricks to use w/the force to help him on his missions and what not. after a while he did some training but for a while there he was just some guy who could do neat tricks with the force.

there are likely millions of people across the galaxy just like him so it's not far-fetched at all the think that non-jedi can do simple force tricks like choak and whatnot