The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT ST PVP armor question

Teche

Currently I am full Columi Supercommando with accuracy mods replaced. I have my Rakata Ear and implants.

I do HM and Ops tanking. I also hop in a few WZ's maybe 4 or 5 a night, I’m only valor 30 right now, I am starting to get enough comms to afford some champ gear.

I currently have 0 Cent or champ gear.

My question is should I bother?

Also if I do start to buy some pieces, which set should I go for keeping in mind that I am not going to respec out of ST.

Should I go for the rocket punch/ carbonize bonus to help me out now, or should i get the railshot bonus to help me out in the future.

If / when they give us dual specs I would like to have a viable PvP set to use with Pyro.

Thanks

Edited by Teche

Should I go for the rocket punch/ carbonize bonus to help me out now, or should i get the railshot bonus to help me out in the future.

If / when they give us dual specs I would like to have a viable PvP set to use with Pyro.

Thanks

If you have no plans to spec out of Shieldtech, go with the PvP Supercommando set as well. To be perfectly honest, tanks play an extremely limited role in PvP. There is a small niche there, mostly guarding healers and ball carriers in Huttball...but beyond that, PvP is a DPS game.

Well I would disagree with the above poster. As a ST Tank myself, I use Eliminator PVP gear even before dual spec because I can get more medals by using guard and doing damage. In addition, when we can duel spec I will run wz's in full Pyro DPS spec and you want that gear ready.

On your other question, The rakata gear is great if you mix it with champ/battlemaster gear. You really need the expertise stats to help out with your defense in pvp. I've seen lots of the top players using a mix of PVE gear and PVP gear for max effect.

Currently I am full Columi Supercommando with accuracy mods replaced. I have my Rakata Ear and implants.

I do HM and Ops tanking. I also hop in a few WZ's maybe 4 or 5 a night, I’m only valor 30 right now, I am starting to get enough comms to afford some champ gear.

I currently have 0 Cent or champ gear.

My question is should I bother?

Also if I do start to buy some pieces, which set should I go for keeping in mind that I am not going to respec out of ST.

Thanks

Why dont you want to respec? how often do you raid? because that's really where you would need to be in a full tank spec.

I tank HMs all the time in full dps columi and a hybrid spec 21/2/18, which actually works out a lot better than having an all out tank. That way you can compensate for a dps that is lacking. Of course, I wouldnt recommend a fresh 50 healer for this setup.

If you do your dailies, you'll never have an issue with respec costs.

With regards, to gear for pvp. If you are going to stay full tank, then might as well just go for supercommando pvp and shoot for around 500expertise. Since you already have the pve set, I would start with the pvp accessories first, main hand and offhand, and finally the 4pc set.