The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's time to nerf Smash.

Theology

So, every game I play against the republic now consists of 5 sages and 3 smash spec'd jedi knights.

There's a reason everyone is rolling these 2 classes.

Inb4l2play, stop qq, you're bad, can i have your stuff?, WTFZOMGBBQ

Edited by Theology

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oke so you have a warrior doing this

Leap/Charge -> Choke -> Smash

After the choke use your knockback or before and you are fine. I play a jugg myself and the smash ability is easy to counter. And because of the 5meter radius of smash a little knockback is al you need.

I think the smash crit is the most easy ability to counter.

After the choke use your knockback or before and you are fine. I play a jugg myself and the smash ability is easy to counter. And because of the 5meter radius of smash a little knockback is al you need.

yeah this is why i stopped playing rage/focus.

Oh wow, a Guardian just leaped on me and is building up his armor debuff. Wait, what?! He's choking me now to build up his Sweep damage. WHAT THE?! He force pushed me away?! Wait, wait, wait, why is he lunging me now?! What!!! I just got hit for 5K Sweep?! How did he do that and why can't I stop it?!

So, every game I play against the republic now consists of 5 sages and 3 smash spec'd jedi knights.

is everyone rolling those 2 classes? then where's all the missile spam coming from?

What you MEAN to say is, "MY class can't pwn everyone, please nerf everyone but me so i can roxxor"

Would work great if everyone had a knockback..

It's not practical to dodge each smash when you have 3-4 Smash knights a game whilst being cc'd. Let's get real. That strat is fine and dandy 1v1, but to execute that in WZs while capping nodes isn't going to happen.

It's not practical to dodge each smash when you have 3-4 Smash knights a game whilst being cc'd. Let's get real. That strat is fine and dandy 1v1, but to execute that in WZs while capping nodes isn't going to happen.

what class do you play?

8man ques are in the game already?

Its sad that you knew your post was dumb enough that you needed to add the line at the bottom, but still clicked the post button.

The kind of teamwork necessary to keep someone CC'd while not filling their Resolve bar and to execute consequent Smashes is uncanny. Such teamwork deserves a win.

Oh wow, a Guardian just leaped on me and is building up his armor debuff. Wait, what?! He's choking me now to build up his Sweep damage. WHAT THE?! He force pushed me away?! Wait, wait, wait, why is he lunging me now?! What!!! I just got hit for 5K Sweep?! How did he do that and why can't I stop it?!

You just made my night.

what are you complaining about? Don't you have a cooldown that stops all force damage and effects?!

On the pt... uuhh kite?

For the pt it would be: stun jug and let his charges drop for smash....but this is a rant on the pvp forums and good tactics aren't allowed.

Should have expected Smash using knights and warriors to flame this thread hard while offering unpractical solutions to make it seem like that spec isn't overly OP.

Hitting one button on your sin is impractical or hard? I think we have identified the problem.

Marauder/sin here, so you missed the boat on that one.

L2P

Should have expected Smash using knights and warriors to flame this thread hard while offering unpractical solutions to make it seem like that spec isn't overly OP.

i'm not a smash using warrior TYVM. My spec is in my sig yo :p.

Also i think the buff lasts like 15 seconds for the crit smash.

OMG you QQ'ers will ruin this game even more than you have already. Nerf smash? Oo, add this to the other winning threads, nerf sorcs, nerf healers, nerf marauders. Please go back to WoW or hello kitty.

Remember, if something kills you(in this case, 4 somethings with 4 backup heals in an 8 man premade) it is op, even if you don't understand what happened.

Well my jugg isn't rage specced. Because i didn't like it. You have one ability that can do big damage. But for that you have to make a combo of 3 abilities.

When the smash is done the rest is of the damage is medium to low.

I have played enough rounds to out damage rage specced warriors with my immortal build.

dat wither spam doesnt hit for 7k.

aw yeah but 2k uninterruptable lightning hits that heal you are A-OK.

Or those shocks that have a 100% crit chance do to energize that you can spec to shock while you shock... Oh and with recklessness popped it does 50% more damage... yeah.

you'll be fine.

dat wither spam doesnt hit for 7k.

Use engrish.

Smash won't hit you for 7k. Maxes out at ~4.5k unless you don't even have cent gear. Same as shock or discharge if you go dos spec as well. And sins don't have an obvious buildup to them.

Also, you have an ability that makes you immune to force/tech. Should be somewhere on your bars. When you see this ubergeared jug taking 15 seconds to build this combo and ranged stun, knockback, melee stun, or sprint is down......go invuln and watch him hit for 800s for the next 15 seconds.

Edited by Moosestick

It`s not exactly easy to avoid on a map like Voidstar, where there is quite often a lot of people closely grouped up, getting smacked for 5.6k against one person is one thing, being able to hit 5 people for that much, and having 3-4 of them often enough in a game... ouch.

You're basically aimlessly complaining about a skill which both factions have.

You wouldn't be upset if you had a friend who did the same thing, but just because you get rolled a couple of times. It's horrible! It must be removed!

Bioware has better priorities with this game then debuffing one of the only skills a jedi guardian/sith juggernaut can burst with in rage spec.

That's the point, packs a punch. Teaches you to keep your distance.

Live and learn.

Edited by Cyrith