I figured out how to fix cover!

oceansofmars

So I was fiddling around with my 50 sniper today after a long break and it dawned on me:

The only thing really wrong with cover is certain snares preventing you from crouching and knockbacks kicking you out all the time.

My solution is simple: Remove the ranged defensive bonus and replace it with knockback immunity. This wwould basically solve the entire issue of cover being buggy. stuns would still knock you out of course and losing the defensive bonus wouldnt make much difference either.

They could eve replace the defensive.bonus with a -5% to 10% flat damage reduction if they were feeling generous.

What do you guys think?

Sounds great, but remove your unshakeable buff as well and I'm sold.

Second that! Being immune to interrupt AND immune to knockback?

That's a game breaker.

EDIT

As a Concealment Operative I have no knockback. Interrupts are my primary means of victory, and against a sniper or a gunslinger I must approach from a completely different angle. I had to learn this the hard way, because I didn't know you guys were immune to interrupts in cover. Yeah, for a while pre-1.1.1 I got slaughtered a lot wondering why my distraction wasn't working.

LOL

No, you need to remain vulnerable to knockback, because there is at least ONE class in this game that can't dislodge you from cover: Operative. That's enough of a blanket immunity in my book LOL.

Edited by TheGreatNeechi

Stuns and Mezz would still knock you out so it's still pretty fair.

Another idea I had was that upon entering cover you are immune to knockbacks for x number of seconds which encourages you to move around a bit more to refresh the buff.

Any other ideas you guys have are welcome, just trying to help :)