Pyro Powertech Burst [PVP - Video]

exphryl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exphryl, whats your power and aim at if you don't mind? Nice thread btw.

At the time of that video, without any buffs/stims/

Aim: 1580ish

Power: +400ish

I've been playing with a different mod set-up (to get a bit more suvivability and while burst is very fun, more to PvP than 10 secs every 2 minutes) lately so don't have exact numbers so these are from memory.

Edited by exphryl

You realize that it takes 1 raid and a few bags to get absurd amounts of gear, right? And seeing as it's been over a day and a few raids/bags later..yeah, I trust that you can put two and two together.

COOL TRY DOE BROH

How are you getting the same numbers in lesser gear, when op is getting the absolute most out of his gear? I don't get it. Do you run in a premade with better team synergy? If so, what do you run? Because you cannot get the same numbers otherwise. The math won't let you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Exphryl,

I was wondering if I was able to hi-jak you thread for some gearing advice?

Just hit BM and made the switch to Assault and wanting to get some advice on what gear to buy/planning for the future.

Or if there is a way to contact you off the forums so I dont over run your thread.

Hey Exphryl,

I was wondering if I was able to hi-jak you thread for some gearing advice?

Just hit BM and made the switch to Assault and wanting to get some advice on what gear to buy/planning for the future.

Or if there is a way to contact you off the forums so I dont over run your thread.

Currently I'd say 4 PC PvE Combat Tech and the rest PvP Pieces.

However, with 1.2 and how Expertise is changing, that extra 10% you can get from Expertise's new cap will be very important. So if you get tokens before then just buy the BM pieces now (4PC Eliminators at the very least). Buy the +Power Implants too.

Also right now You would swap out the mods/enhancements for Power/Surge ones but again, with gear changes you'll need the same type of mod in the gear when 1.2 hits for it to transfer over to the new stats. (Mods and enhancements are getting expertise on them)

Problem is they keep on fiddling with what those changes will be on the PTS so I am not sure what you'll have to buy yet to make appropriate stats. Have to wait until they finalize the new changes before i can say for sure.

Is it worth remodding my BM (eliminator) and/or rakata (combat tech) gear with power/surge before the patch? I have the IA gloves to do it. Which one should I put it in?

You can. Just keep whatever you take out and put it in yoru vault so you can place it back in to the BM Gear before 1.2 Lands so you get the new stats.

I usually recommend starting on the PvP Gear first then making the switch to PvE if it helps.

Edited by exphryl

Currently I'd say 4 PC PvE Combat Tech and the rest PvP Pieces.

I'm going to have to run with the 4PC PvP Elim set for now, haven't had time to PvE yet on this toon :p

I was really wondering about whether I should use my champ comms now on stocking up on the IA Gloves and wait slowly for the BM gear to unlock and have the ench ready.

Or, concentrate on getting full champ gear first (assuming I just get Eliminator everything + power relic).

I'm going to have to run with the 4PC PvP Elim set for now, haven't had time to PvE yet on this toon :p

I was really wondering about whether I should use my champ comms now on stocking up on the IA Gloves and wait slowly for the BM gear to unlock and have the ench ready.

Or, concentrate on getting full champ gear first (assuming I just get Eliminator everything + power relic).

Neither. 1.2 will give you recruit pvp gear that has more expertise than Champ gear. After that you can grind for BM which will not have valor requirements. Also the new BM should have better stats, so the AI champ gear mods will be subpar.

Neither. 1.2 will give you recruit pvp gear that has more expertise than Champ gear. After that you can grind for BM which will not have valor requirements. Also the new BM should have better stats, so the AI champ gear mods will be subpar.

Thats a really good point.

Just play out day by day doing dailies and grab as much BM gear as possible for when it changes over.

5:36

"if I'm lucky I can gib a healer in under 8 seconds"

:D

To think I never would have imagined somebody would read those chats going on :) I have a bunch of funny conversations I should add to some of these videos. Haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.