Advanced Class swap

Wetworks

Dear BW,

With all the recent news on Legacy (btw fantastic job catering to both the altoholics & mains, made my week) it is time to unlock AC switching.

My trooper will be able to use buffs & abilities from other classes (HM&not), this being said completely squashes the argument AC are different classes and impossible to swap between them...they are not.

If my Trooper can force push, he sure can equip different stat armor and a smaller gun.

-Every class already share a talent tree from their AC's (assault for me).

-Pretty sure if WoW can have classes w/different resources switch trees (ex: Moonkin/Bear/cat/mana), or the Consular/Inq pre choice of AC, then I have faith this issue can be fixed by BW.

-Legacy system promotes either vendor purchase or alts to unlock rewards, as many already have the issue or going to be a issue w/character slots it is absurd to level two Troopers and not allow AC swapping for one class, or allow AC swapping and open a character slots for another class or faction.

-Another issue we are running into is a shortage Tank/heal on our shard that are not already guilded, current progression of our second ops group is at a halt, AC switching would open this up for one of our experienced ops members to fill that role and recruit a dps.......gearing a second character, level, codex, datacrons is not feasible to people that have a life outside of the game and want to keep up w/current end game content.

-Flexibility is part of a MMO success, and as most of us are aware AC swapping will eventually happen, just hope sooner then later.

-Gear is not even close to a issue for players, myself I have pvp & pve dps/tank/heal sets and still have an excess of comms to spend.

-Lore, we already have RepVSRep, ImsVSImp, cross class powers & abilities (legacy). Lore is great, luv it, but not at the expense of gameplay.

-Since AC change is not forced on a player to use but optional, and in no way effects people that dont want to use this option gameplay, they really have no point in the discussion.

Thanks,

:sy_havoc:Wetwork

Edited by Wetworks

• 7 months later...
i completely agree, even if it was a one time only thing id still be thrilled don't really want to go through all those levels in the same story-line again. also i cant re-roll to republic cause then i wont be with friends and guild etc. also it will be the player who has to pay for gear changes and therefore is their choice this would be great to see in the cartel shop, id even pay my own money just to swap once!

Dear BW,

My trooper will be able to use buffs & abilities from other classes (HM&not), this being said completely squashes the argument AC are different classes and impossible to swap between them...they are not.

Ah...but check out the game; you'll notice that one ot those things is possible, and the other is not. So, it *is* currently impossible to switch between them. And the difference is not so trivial as you make it out to be.

They haven't got respec fully implemented yet (you still have to go and click all 41 points in manually, then rip and slot mods); it is clearly not yet time for AC switch. Implementing AC switch involves switching abilities and gear, much like respec, but to a much higher degree.

I suspect that once they get respec worked out--and they have already claimed to be working on multi-spec--then they may think about a bigger, more complex system.

I'd rather this not be the case. I'd like a dual spec within the AC but not an AC swapping deal. I would rather people have to level the other side of the class on a separate character. It's not hard and it ensures that they'll at least know how to play the class a little bit.

• 1 year later...
I'd rather this not be the case. I'd like a dual spec within the AC but not an AC swapping deal. I would rather people have to level the other side of the class on a separate character. It's not hard and it ensures that they'll at least know how to play the class a little bit.

I agree. However, this isn't what I had in mind when I searched for AC swap. What if I have two BH characters, but I would rather have the male character be the tank, and the female, a healer? I don't think it would violate any ethical principles to "swap" advanced classes between two same-class toons... Agree?

I agree. However, this isn't what I had in mind when I searched for AC swap. What if I have two BH characters, but I would rather have the male character be the tank, and the female, a healer? I don't think it would violate any ethical principles to "swap" advanced classes between two same-class toons... Agree?

Well, if that's what you want to do, you should be petitioning for gender swap in the character changing thing (I forgot what it's called).

Then I would have to change names as well; no, I worked hard on making both characters. I like them as they are. But the Merc was my very first toon. I didn't really know what I was doing. I hadn't planned on him being a healer, but now I like healing. I decided to try tanking, and she actually hit 55 first. Now I would like to have a role reversal. It's not that big of a deal. Still, apart from having to implement it, I don't see why not. I'm sure they would charge for it. That's my proposal: an even swap.