Over Leveling quests and planets

Laocorn

So I'm pvp'ing and I out level my planet while on tattooine. I hit level 36 and my valor is capped at 36 as well. So what I need to do is gain some more levels, but all I get for my quest turn ins is 5xp.

It wouldn't have been a big issue cause I was almost done with Tat, but i've run into the same issue with Alderaan. Now instead of completing all the missions and enjoying the alternate route for story, I'm just running around finishing my class quests as quickly as possible to get off the planet and somewhere in which i can level.

I'd like to see the ability to gain xp from quest turn ins I'm overleveled for to be the same as at level or at least closer to.

Thankfully this isn't my first character so I've already seen these planet quests. I'm really enjoying the game and thanks for your time.

I may be wrong but you can still go to the other planets and not have to do your story line. I am not an avid PVPer , in fact my first glimpse at pvp in this game was ilum. Was impresssed for all of 3 minutes. Whole nother topic though. The point is that other people have said that pvp experience is too much meaning you level quicker than by questing. Id land on a planet of the corect level and see what happens.

You're right I can go to another planet, but without doing the class story I don't get my companions.

I'm missing out on the story at this point (true it's by choice) because I don't get enough xp to advance my character. I'm getting more XP uncovering parts of the map than I am turning in a quest. That just seems wrong to me, but maybe i'm the only person that's run into this problem. It's not gamebreaking by any means just something I thought I'd mention.

+1: This is a tough question. I have repeatedly over leveled the content with my characters - not by pvp - but space combat and doing all the quests. I want something to account for the experiences had, and sometimes the gear drops are nice and all - but I also craft and am pretty good about keeping ahead of the average loot table, so it's got to be the elements of character history and interaction with my companions that need to take center stage. IF the results of character choices does impact future opportunities, interactions, and the way npc's perceive my toons then one hopes that historical record allows significant tailoring of the game to the individual over the evolution of the AI logic, then it's all good. If not.... well, I suspect that means some serious story crafting skilz will be needed to continue holding our attention. :)

I don't understand your problem. If you are overleveld at 36, you should be on the next planet starting your class quests. If you are overleveled on that planet, just do your class quests, you can knock them out in an hour or two on any given planet, then get to the next planet.

the way i reconciled this was, don't worry about the side missions, as you'll hit belsavis/voss/hoth at the 40 mark and very likely need to be overlevelled for your class quests/companions.

ie if you purely focus on the class quests first, you never really need to go back, except to complete one or two quests and get custom gear or commendations, (i have a ridiculous number of mods i can't use in the bank, etc.).

3/4 of the time i was in hoth, was getting lost, and i spend about 7-9 levels there going back for class quests and finishing up content, etc. and though i detest the place, its enough like ilum to be 'advanced' minimap training

i still have 8 bonus quests on the logs from around the place, i just had no tolerance for tatooine/alderaan's "at level", playing a squishy healer character and will likely hit 50 on voss, before finishing up act 2. maybe.

Edited by toliman