buff snipers please:D

wedo

now since the inrto of ranked minis coming up and the devs already posting that classes and some skills will be reworked . i hope they take a look at sniper/gunslingers and give us a little more utility for pvp. i know ill hear im bad. etc etc, i got BM before the ilum exlpoits, im usually top 2 or 3 in dmg as a sniper. and i love it BUT if i had it my way id rather be a sorc just for the utility alone.

Also after watcing the guild summit and he saying that we are one of the highest DPS classes in the game. i honestly dont think so. because dmg gets mitigated by armor type, buffs, shields guards etc etc. more so than a sorc. anyway im going to continue to play my sniper and i think i do decent enough and can drop healers. Just after the guild summit they showed that ops/snips were the LEAST played class in the game.. AND there is a reason for it.

anyway show some love! for the snipers:P cover is broke!

op/scound are wayy different than a sniper, we cant do our KB unless we are standing still. if we do pop all our shields we are able to survive a few more seconds, BUt if anyone gets on you and wants to kill you , you die, no speed away no bubble that you can recast, etc etc, i dont see many ppl runnin snipers or slingers in the ranked, im going to play mine (since i do run with same ppl everyday) but i still think id be more helpful to a group as a ranged dps by playing a sorc, merc, etc :D

POTENTINAL WAS YOUR LAST WORD, yes i can do a lot if left alone, but for group utility a sorc is better imo for they can offer. yes i can crit 5-6k ish easy. but against decent and or smart ppl they want to kill sniper quick they will. at least a sorc can speed away instantly use their KB etc.

POTENTINAL WAS YOUR LAST WORD, yes i can do a lot if left alone, but for group utility a sorc is better imo for they can offer. yes i can crit 5-6k ish easy. but against decent and or smart ppl they want to kill sniper quick they will. at least a sorc can speed away instantly use their KB etc.

That was the impression I got with sniper, sub level 40. Sorc does better in almost every situation. Plus, the MM tree was really lackluster. The middle tree (forgot what it's called, sab I think?) was much better for leveling and much more mobility. I'd like to see MM get a bit of love.

yea im marks tree right now becuz the BURst is needed in group pvp, sure you can go psn spec and dot everyone but the dmg isnt their.. itll look like you do a lot at the end but for dropping targets it isnt there.

Knockback, root, mez, stun, unchargeable and uninterruptable in cover....what utility are you looking for to go along with obscene burst potential?

+ AoE Damage reduction

Armor debuff

two speccable Accuracy debuffs (one AoE)

two speccable Snares (one AoE)

20 sec CC Immunity in cover

And you can range-kick your Mirrorclass out of cover.

Edited by Sabredance

yea im marks tree right now becuz the BURst is needed in group pvp, sure you can go psn spec and dot everyone but the dmg isnt their.. itll look like you do a lot at the end but for dropping targets it isnt there.

In either tree I felt more like an assistant killer than a single target, high dps threat. Either I assisted with dots, or I assisted on single targets. Which is useful, don't get me wrong, but sorc can do the same thing. The only time I get irritated on my sorc and miss my sniper if I'm pew pewing is the rare occasion when mobility would have let my sniper live and keep fighting.

I posted this somewhere else, but I think it makes sense to post the same thing here.

Snipers/Gunslingers are really good in the 10-49 PvP bracket, but everything I've heard seems to indicate that all falls apart in the 50 bracket. To me, that indicates that there's something wrong with the way bolstering and/or gear applies to Snipers/Gunslingers. If I had to guess, there's something about the Sniper/Gunslinger damage calculations that doesn't scale as well with gear as other classes.

Can anybody who's played multiple classes at 50 comment on how Snipers/Gunslingers scale with gear?

you listed all the little buffs a sniper gets but all the shields last justa few seconds and if someone gets on you and wants to kill you, you will die way faster than a sorc ever will.

also for group pvp lets put a team of 4 snipers vs a team of 4 sorcs in huttball or any other objective pvp and see how fast the snipers can cap in the first 20 seconds... speed speed. pull SCORE...

Snipers are a direct counter to close range fighters. Snipers get a 5 SECOND root, can't be jumped to in cover, can't be interrupted in cover, and when melee get close you can knockback root.

A snipers role is to pick of melee characters / healers. If you are getting targeted down by a mage class, then your melee need to step up and help.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had full resolve but a sniper has rooted me in the fire, or a sniper has rooted me on the bridge while his teammate caps a door...etc.

Good snipers / gunslingers are deadly as hell and can offer help on objectives for teammates as mentioned above.

i agree with what you post, but it isnt just snipers that can root you in full resolve the powertech ability can do it too. and i do just fine in group and not having problem with the class im just saying that the overall ability of the class isnt as good as it was before 50

We don't have as much burst as they think. My BM MM sniper has never had a crit over 5k. Never, ever seen it, yet there are medals for it?

Okay, and fresh 50's my sniper can melt pretty quick unless they are a tank class, but against BM geared players his damage is a joke.

And he can only do real damage if he is totally left alone, and good teams won't allow that.

Knockback, root, mez, stun, unchargeable and uninterruptable in cover....what utility are you looking for to go along with obscene burst potential?

All melee based except the root.

If by obsene burst you mean vs. Sorcs and average dmg vs. everyone else then yeah we have great burst

Yes, potential. When any class gets focused, they dont perform as well. Fortunately, you have....3+ escape mechanisms to avoid melee. If it's a ranged class, you can outdps them.

Sniper is like a marauder: no tank/heal tree. You sacrifice utility to dps. Look on the bright side, you wreck marauders unless you time things wrong or they blow every CD on you.

i agree with what you post, but it isnt just snipers that can root you in full resolve the powertech ability can do it too. and i do just fine in group and not having problem with the class im just saying that the overall ability of the class isnt as good as it was before 50

After watching this video and seeing what my friends do I just can't justify a buff: