Im sick of the objective based PVP system.

Eroex

When are we going to get a warzone that focuses on killing the other team, with no respawns when zero players are left on the other team, your team wins.

Any one else feel this way? I want to see the skill in killing other players, i don't find any joy in standing next to a "node", door, or running a ball.

Yea you can kill other players in warzones but that's not the goal of any of these matches.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When are we going to get a warzone that focuses on killing the other team, with no respawns when zero players are left on the other team, your team wins.

Any one else feel this way? I want to see the skill in killing other players, i don't find any joy in standing next to a "node", door, or running a ball.

Yea you can kill other players in warzones but that's not the goal of any of these matches.

Where is the skill in this? surely less then keeping objectives, that kind of game is gear vs gear, exept for some classes, others do not require such skill

The team will be composed on 2 healers/1 rage juggernaut/3 marauders/2 operative

So you want TDM in an mmo? :rolleyes:

You want arena is what you are saying.

I think you are playing the wrong type of game. Objective based PvP is skill-based. It's also team-based, which means you need to have a good team composition and good teamwork to maximize your effectiveness. In an MMO, the type of PvP you seem to be asking for would really just come down to rock/paper/scissors and gear.

The good news is that there's really no shortage of PvP games out there that deliver non-objective-based PvP. Go play CoD and you can deathmatch it up all day long.

But how can you not love Huttball? I seriously love me some Huttball.

Edited by belialle

I would be fine with an arena honestly, but that isn't really what MMO pvp is about.

With rated WZ's and stats being kept we are getting closer to arena style and i for one am happy about it. And we are even closer cuz they are going to be doing rated WZ's with a season schedule just like WOW arenas do.

Edited by Badlander

Counter strike thata way>>>>>>>

i actually enjoy being part of a team rather than a gank stun fest that you want.

you want this?> chain stun opposing teams healer> nuke down> rinse and repeat as necessary > rofl stomp the dps> match over in 2minutes 40 seconds.

sorry but wheres the skill in chain stunning someone and nailing them to the floor, first team to get the first kill will always win, no matter if its 3v3 6v6 8v8.

this isn't wow they would need to rebuild pvp for arena style combat

reinforcement based system?

Would make sense with a larger scale wz, prob is the current engine can't handle those. But once it can i could see something like that being implemented with great success.

I slightly agree with the OP.

I would kinda like a battleground where the objective was beatting the nerf out of the opposing team.

-The first team to kill 50 opposing players wins.

or

-The team with the most kills after 10 minute wins.

ps. Sorry. But no respawn = lame.

There are absolutely no drawbacks to a deathmatch-style Warzone being implemented, regardless of whether respawns are available. No respawns means faster wins for dailies, respawns means fun nonstop deathmatch.

This would only show the class imbalance in an even brighter light. The only way for this gametype to work is for every class to be balanced for 1v1 vs every other class combination. Good luck with that.

This would only show the class imbalance in an even brighter light. The only way for this gametype to work is for every class to be balanced for 1v1 vs every other class combination. Good luck with that.

this is only true if you play WoW.

Edited by Scotland

While WZs have objectives, most objectives cannot be accomplished without being able to kill the other team. Even in Huttball, the side that can kill more people generally has a significant advantage as long as you killed the right guys. If a team can easily win a team deathmatch, they're likely to win all WZs by simply killing the opposition as well.

Any one else feel this way?

Ugh. Good god, no. Just mindless, pointless killing sounds like the most boring and unsatisfying pvp ever.

The thing that's great about warzones (and battlegrounds) is that the players who actually keep in mind what the goal of the match is tend to win, and the players who just stupidly run off and fight people because they see red text tend to lose. And I personally like a system that rewards strategy and penalizes stupidity.

So you want TDM in an mmo? :rolleyes:

More like Last Man Standing. The worst and most boring game mode you can imagine due to the fact that if you got defeated, you have to wait until the end of game.

Counter strike thata way>>>>>>>

quoted for truth

Ok so let's make a 16x16 map where you can do deathmatch because this is the space you'll need since none would spread out and all the action will be there, AoE feast and mindless action, if you want to play like this, a button mashing game then do it, i'm out.