Please stop the 1.2 armor model

Kavu

I think Bioware was the first big name to come on board way back when. The announcement that SWTOR was using hero engine was 2008 I thinka nd by that time they had done enough work inside the engine to show screenies and talk shop.

So there must have been a pretty workable version available way before that. I SWTOR had 6 years of development, would it be wrong to assume that they spend 5 years working with hero engine? Because they must have looked at it and palyed around with it before deciding to license it. I would say there must have been enough of hero engine ready to convince Bioware to use it in let's say 2007

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's my thought...so really WoW's engine and SWTOR's engine aren't quite as far away for each other as people think.

5 or 6 years appart I'd say.

Which doesn't make the 1.2 armor model look any better (to get back on topic) ;)

My point in writing it was not the fact that we would get on a 2 page topic of how and when WoW came out...it was the fact that there is still no imagination after so many years. And I do know that there two different companies, but seriously, if your going to make a certain look in a character, just think about what he would look like...no imagination!!!

Hey folks!

Community member Iwipe has posted screenshots of the new armor models in the Public Test Forum. Please see her thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364084

(P.S. this thread is still open for discussion)

Cheers!

Thank you for the link!

Now we can rant on a larger scale and have our sisters and brothers in the other classes join us in disappointment :)

On the plus side, those Smuggler sets aren't actually bad looking apart from the headgear. Not great, but not bad.

On the minus side, it's hard to imagine the dark forces of insanity that would lead to someone putting something like that PvP headpiece on their head. I mean, aside from NASCAR, frat parties and resurgent elder gods.

Edited by Grimgrey

On the plus side, those Smuggler sets aren't actually bad looking apart from the headgear. Not great, but not bad.

On the minus side, it's hard to imagine the dark forces of insanity that would lead to someone putting something like that PvP headpiece on their head. I mean, aside from NASCAR, frat parties and resurgent elder gods.

The PvE set I feel, especially when looked at from behind is horrid. The PvP Jacket, if combined with other smuggler gear not from this set, may look okish.

*shrug*

Not convinced by 1.2 as a whole.

"You have 1 day of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

Going to take it slow with the "walk to store and buy timecard" thing

Edited by Melkathi

Ok, this is ridiculous.

If I see this right, there's a blaster on one boot, and a knife on the other. Doesn't make sense at all.

I mean, seriously? What is wrong with wearing them on a belt, like every normal space traveler would?

Edited by Phedrion

Please have your art team watch all the Star Wars movies. Maybe then they would have a clue about what Star Wars actually looks like. Is this a Fantasy game or a Sci Fi one?

Whoa! They made movies based on this game when it's only been out for a few months????

;)

This is to good...I mean when Yvin | Community Representative, has to put a post link in defense about what they have created for the new 1.2, is sad....are you telling me that this is what the great Bio has come up with...the Smugglers have a new Xbox360 controller added to there head piece. It seems that you guys just whipped something together to justify a new tier gear.... the only good thing to come from this is the ability to remove mods

This is to good...I mean when Yvin | Community Representative, has to put a post link in defense about what they have created for the new 1.2, is sad....are you telling me that this is what the great Bio has come up with...the Smugglers have a new Xbox360 controller added to there head piece. It seems that you guys just whipped something together to justify a new tier gear.... the only good thing to come from this is the ability to remove mods

I am not sure that Yvin was defending. To me it looked more like coordinating the resistance, so that we could join our voices with those of our brothers and sisters of the other classes ;)

Personally I hate the current Smuggler PVP gear. That cape annoys the sh*t out of me on a constant basis (I played an Operative to 50 before I switched to Republic months ago).

I never ever show the helm, so that part doesn't even matter.

What am I saying? I like the new outfit!! No more space cowboy. No more stupid cowboy helm and no more stupid cape.

Thank you BW!

I am also grateful that capes are gone, but why go to another extreme? Can we just have some basic practical 'real-smuggler' gear? I'm still wearing an orange torso piece from level 15 or so. The modding and customization are the only saving grace of the clothing sets.. Edited by WasabiWei

I get that it's the next tier of armour and so everything has to be BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE, but there's a lot to be said about subtlety.

At the very least, if Bioware insists on making outrageous endgame gear that looks ridiculous, the least they could do is begin adding new customizable social gear that we can opt for instead. You know, social gear that doesn't look ridiculously stupid and uncharacteristic of the classes, or come in a terrible palette of colours.

What happened to clothes? Were they not invented until 3000 years later?